collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by eamonn
[Today at 09:16:01 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by eamonn
[Today at 09:13:59 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Tayls_7
[Today at 09:11:10 PM]

Champions League Contention by john e
[Today at 09:04:40 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:02:45 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 08:55:58 PM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 08:51:40 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 08:48:16 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by eamonn
[Today at 09:16:01 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by eamonn
[Today at 09:13:59 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by eye digress
[Today at 09:11:54 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Tayls_7
[Today at 09:11:10 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by john e
[Today at 09:04:40 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:04:01 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:02:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:02:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126247 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #3765 on: June 28, 2021, 12:26:26 PM »
Winter hasn't liked us since we refused to deify his bestest bestie Martin.

Hasn't he been very complimentary about us (and VP) in recent years? Think someone posted on here that he might even be a Villa fan.

I agree, Winter has always been good with us.

It was that Oliver Hoult that couldn't get over what we did to MON

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3766 on: June 28, 2021, 12:26:44 PM »
Might have already said this but this is first time in 25 years Arsenal have no european income. Pretty sure they get about 25-30m for getting to europa SF so could make that up by selling a Smith Rowe.

Really think this could be another Martinez situaiton. Arteta ideally wants to keep him but he's nudged to the sale by the board.

There was bit on this by world famous spoofer/ITK Fabrizio Romano. He reckoned they had about 60m lined up in sales without selling Smith Rowe

Which they are blowing on Ben White. I think they need the money - get anywhere near £40 million they will accept the bid I am sure. It is just a question of whether he is worth that much.

You'd have to say they probably do need the money unless they have decided to change the strategy of the last 20 years. I wouldn't mind Willock or Smith Rowe but you have to say if you're skint why sell promising home grown players that cost you nothing?

Who do they sell instead? I can't see many people bidding big for Willian's £10m annual salary. Lacazette is out of contract next summer. Pepe, Partey and Aubameyang are costing them nearly £35m a year in wages.

To get cash, they have the choice of selling a couple of their impressive youth players or trying to persuade some hugely expensive assets to take a lower salary elsewhere.

Well you obviously play the likes of Willock and Rowe I would have thought because to replace them with better is going to cost you the best part of 100m in fees and wages. I can't remember who Romano had lined up for them to sell but it was 3 players to Italian clubs. Xhaha was one

Yeah Xhaka is going but Roma only want to pay about 15m so that's the issue for Arsenal as Italian clubs nowadays don't expect spend 30m + on many players so they could get far more for the British ones on the fringes.

Think Bellerin to Inter Milan also rumoured but again he's been a shadow of what he was since doing his ACL in 2019.

We should be finishing above Arsenal next season. Should've done it last season but in fairness they took most points in league after Man. City from about Boxing day while we had the poor run from middle of Feb up to start of May.

At least we have no fear whatsoever playing them now, think it's three matches we've played since we've conceded a goal so match up very well nowadays compared to most of last 20 years.

They are definitely a team we should be targeting to overhaul I think. Where we are at the moment, a lot will depend on injuries and the Jack situation obviously, but given a relatively injury free season, and the new players fitting in, I don't see why not. Arsenal have had a slight smell of decline for more than a few years

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3767 on: June 28, 2021, 12:26:53 PM »

Hasn't he been very complimentary about us (and VP) in recent years? Think someone posted on here that he might even be a Villa fan.

I think he's a Chelsea fan.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3768 on: June 28, 2021, 12:27:44 PM »

Well whoosh, if that has happened it's missed me by miles! Though it is true that Hoult hates us the most bizarrely.

On Smith-Rowe, I have no idea how good he might be or what he might be worth, but I do know that pissing off Arsenal fans is just funny.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #3769 on: June 28, 2021, 12:40:57 PM »

Well whoosh, if that has happened it's missed me by miles! Though it is true that Hoult hates us the most bizarrely.

On Smith-Rowe, I have no idea how good he might be or what he might be worth, but I do know that pissing off Arsenal fans is just funny.
Spurs is my kind of yard-stick for progress next season. I know they’ve got a few problems now, but if we go past them next season that will be real progress in my view. I’d put Leicester in that same bracket. Consistently good sides over the last few seasons. Fkn he’ll- imagine just even winning the FA cup?

Offline Reuben

« Reply #3770 on: June 28, 2021, 12:41:29 PM »

They are definitely a team we should be targeting to overhaul I think. Where we are at the moment, a lot will depend on injuries and the Jack situation obviously, but given a relatively injury free season, and the new players fitting in, I don't see why not. Arsenal have had a slight smell of decline for more than a few years

It's what Man City did about 10 years ago.  Targeting teams around and above them.  They bought our best players (Barry, Milner) then went for Arsenal (Toure, Nasri, Clichy)

Online LukeJames

« Reply #3771 on: June 28, 2021, 12:47:56 PM »
I dont know how but NSWE are still massively under the radar aswell. Very few people outside of Villa seems to grasp just how seriously minted and ambitious they are. Granted I know twitter is full of bellends but the general consesus on their seems to be confusion or denial on how Villa can go for ESR.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3772 on: June 28, 2021, 12:59:17 PM »
Liverpool being linked with Abraham now. Interesting......Chelsea won't sell for peanuts if they're interested.

EDIT: Actually that's totally wrong due to the Meaning Evil's misleading headline. its ward-prowse they want apparently
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 01:07:00 PM by sickbeggar »

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3773 on: June 28, 2021, 01:00:46 PM »
I dont know how but NSWE are still massively under the radar aswell. Very few people outside of Villa seems to grasp just how seriously minted and ambitious they are. Granted I know twitter is full of bellends but the general consesus on their seems to be confusion or denial on how Villa can go for ESR.

I think people within football have a sense. The average punter off the street has no idea though...we're not really throwing money around in a really visible manner to make it obvious. £30m signings yes but not putting in £70/80m bids for players here and there.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3774 on: June 28, 2021, 01:05:10 PM »

I think people within football have a sense. The average punter off the street has no idea though...we're not really throwing money around in a really visible manner to make it obvious. £30m signings yes but not putting in £70/80m bids for players here and there.

We need to start acting like Billy Big Bollocks. Bids in for one or all of the following please: Kante/Mane/Pulisic/Kane/Greenwood. Don't take no for an answer.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3775 on: June 28, 2021, 01:13:00 PM »

I agree, Winter has always been good with us.

It was that Oliver Hoult that couldn't get over what we did to MON

Yep, dreary Emily Bishop from Corrie's dreary son.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3776 on: June 28, 2021, 01:14:04 PM »
Yeah think perception will only change to majority when we sign top level player in his prime. Or if not someone that has Carew standing in the game which showed we meant business in first year of Lerner.

Man. City signed Robinho hours after being taken over and while he wasn't a huge success they then signed Aguero and Yaya Toure a few years later who were.

Edit: I actually think us signing Tammy would impress the neutral as they'd go "blimey Villa adding him with Waktins and Grealish, some strikeforce that."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 01:15:39 PM by SoccerHQ »

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3777 on: June 28, 2021, 01:15:00 PM »
Although i look the look of rowe, going higher than 30m is insane

Lets look elsewhere

Dean's just doing what MON and Gregory did - focus on the British market, over-pay if necessary. Always ends in tears but it's a nice rollercoaster for a bit.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3778 on: June 28, 2021, 01:17:37 PM »
Both (Ashley) Young and Milner proved excellent signings and were probably not too different in terms of age and profile to ESR.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3779 on: June 28, 2021, 01:22:51 PM »
Yeah think perception will only change to majority when we sign top level player in his prime. Or if not someone that has Carew standing in the game which showed we meant business in first year of Lerner.

Man. City signed Robinho hours after being taken over and while he wasn't a huge success they then signed Aguero and Yaya Toure a few years later who were.

Edit: I actually think us signing Tammy would impress the neutral as they'd go "blimey Villa adding him with Waktins and Grealish, some strikeforce that."
No, signing Tammy would DEFINITELY mean we’re selling Jack.
Or signing a new goalie will mean we are DEFINITELY selling Jack.
Even a new tea lady joining means we are definitely selling Jack.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal