collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126069 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #3750 on: June 28, 2021, 11:58:24 AM »
Might have already said this but this is first time in 25 years Arsenal have no european income. Pretty sure they get about 25-30m for getting to europa SF so could make that up by selling a Smith Rowe.

Really think this could be another Martinez situaiton. Arteta ideally wants to keep him but he's nudged to the sale by the board.

There was bit on this by world famous spoofer/ITK Fabrizio Romano. He reckoned they had about 60m lined up in sales without selling Smith Rowe

Which they are blowing on Ben White. I think they need the money - get anywhere near £40 million they will accept the bid I am sure. It is just a question of whether he is worth that much.

You'd have to say they probably do need the money unless they have decided to change the strategy of the last 20 years. I wouldn't mind Willock or Smith Rowe but you have to say if you're skint why sell promising home grown players that cost you nothing?

Who do they sell instead? I can't see many people bidding big for Willian's £10m annual salary. Lacazette is out of contract next summer. Pepe, Partey and Aubameyang are costing them nearly £35m a year in wages.

To get cash, they have the choice of selling a couple of their impressive youth players or trying to persuade some hugely expensive assets to take a lower salary elsewhere.

Well you obviously play the likes of Willock and Rowe I would have thought because to replace them with better is going to cost you the best part of 100m in fees and wages. I can't remember who Romano had lined up for them to sell but it was 3 players to Italian clubs. Xhaha was one

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3751 on: June 28, 2021, 11:58:33 AM »
They need cash to complete their own deals, we by all accounts are happy to do just that. Signing Emi last year meant they could sign Partey, we know their situation and have them by the balls somewhat.

I'm not convinced it will go through and I think we'll sign Ward Prowse instead.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3752 on: June 28, 2021, 12:02:00 PM »
Look at the fucking hypocrisy going on here. And Winter is a ‘proper’ journalist.

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1409465568554594304?s=20

What about our home grown talent that the media seem so fucking intent on selling for us.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #3753 on: June 28, 2021, 12:04:08 PM »
£30 million bid rejected for ESR

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3754 on: June 28, 2021, 12:05:32 PM »
They need cash to complete their own deals, we by all accounts are happy to do just that. Signing Emi last year meant they could sign Partey, we know their situation and have them by the balls somewhat.

I'm not convinced it will go through and I think we'll sign Ward Prowse instead.
That would be my hope. JWP looks like a great fit for us.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3755 on: June 28, 2021, 12:08:07 PM »
Might have already said this but this is first time in 25 years Arsenal have no european income. Pretty sure they get about 25-30m for getting to europa SF so could make that up by selling a Smith Rowe.

Really think this could be another Martinez situaiton. Arteta ideally wants to keep him but he's nudged to the sale by the board.

There was bit on this by world famous spoofer/ITK Fabrizio Romano. He reckoned they had about 60m lined up in sales without selling Smith Rowe

Which they are blowing on Ben White. I think they need the money - get anywhere near £40 million they will accept the bid I am sure. It is just a question of whether he is worth that much.

You'd have to say they probably do need the money unless they have decided to change the strategy of the last 20 years. I wouldn't mind Willock or Smith Rowe but you have to say if you're skint why sell promising home grown players that cost you nothing?

Who do they sell instead? I can't see many people bidding big for Willian's £10m annual salary. Lacazette is out of contract next summer. Pepe, Partey and Aubameyang are costing them nearly £35m a year in wages.

To get cash, they have the choice of selling a couple of their impressive youth players or trying to persuade some hugely expensive assets to take a lower salary elsewhere.

Well you obviously play the likes of Willock and Rowe I would have thought because to replace them with better is going to cost you the best part of 100m in fees and wages. I can't remember who Romano had lined up for them to sell but it was 3 players to Italian clubs. Xhaha was one

I'd assume that it would be Xhaka, Bellerin and Torreira.

But that doesn't solve the problem- they are all earning £4-5m per year each, which the sort of clubs who would be interested won't be paying them.

They might give Arsenal a semi-decent transfer fee, they might give the players something close to what they are earning - but they won't do both.

If you were Xhaka, why would you walk away from two more years of £5m each when you don't need to?

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3756 on: June 28, 2021, 12:10:46 PM »
Winter hasn't liked us since we refused to deify his bestest bestie Martin.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3757 on: June 28, 2021, 12:11:20 PM »

Yeah Xhaka is going but Roma only want to pay about 15m so that's the issue for Arsenal as Italian clubs nowadays don't expect spend 30m + on many players so they could get far more for the British ones on the fringes.

Think Bellerin to Inter Milan also rumoured but again he's been a shadow of what he was since doing his ACL in 2019.

We should be finishing above Arsenal next season. Should've done it last season but in fairness they took most points in league after Man. City from about Boxing day while we had the poor run from middle of Feb up to start of May.

At least we have no fear whatsoever playing them now, think it's three matches we've played since we've conceded a goal so match up very well nowadays compared to most of last 20 years.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #3758 on: June 28, 2021, 12:15:13 PM »
The ESR stuff is odd. From the outside it appears Arsenal don’t want to sell, but we must have some impression that their position is different.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #3759 on: June 28, 2021, 12:15:25 PM »

But that doesn't solve the problem- they are all earning £4-5m per year each, which the sort of clubs who would be interested won't be paying them.

They might give Arsenal a semi-decent transfer fee, they might give the players something close to what they are earning - but they won't do both.

If you were Xhaka, why would you walk away from two more years of £5m each when you don't need to?

Torreira has actualy been linked to Lazio. What's interesting about that is Arsenal trying to get swop deal going in which they'd get Joaquin Correa in return. He's someone who can play on left or just off a main striker.

Now I wonder who they're planning to replace if they sign a player with tha profile.....

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3760 on: June 28, 2021, 12:16:45 PM »

Have to admit i'm not an expert on the current financial shape of Italian clubs but Roma aren't the poorest. They've paid a lot more that what Arsenal want for Xhaka. Talk of a player swap plus cash deal as well.

Online Monty

« Reply #3761 on: June 28, 2021, 12:22:22 PM »
It depends on the financial model of the club ownerships, and Roma have owners happier to take losses than most (especially Inter).

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #3762 on: June 28, 2021, 12:23:49 PM »
Although i look the look of rowe, going higher than 30m is insane

Lets look elsewhere

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3763 on: June 28, 2021, 12:24:46 PM »
Winter hasn't liked us since we refused to deify his bestest bestie Martin.

Hasn't he been very complimentary about us (and VP) in recent years? Think someone posted on here that he might even be a Villa fan.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #3764 on: June 28, 2021, 12:26:25 PM »
Players Roma sign from premier league tend to be expensive frees, Dzeko, Mikhityran and Pedro.

Guess they're giving Mourinho a decent budget but they won't go over 20m for Xhaka.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal