collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109116 times)

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #3210 on: June 20, 2021, 04:20:52 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
The Villa Park vaccination hub is open all day today for anyone over 18. No appointment is necessary. Please pass this around and encourage all those not vaccinated so far to use this facility if they can.

Why are you posting this in the summer transfer thread? It has absolutely nothing to do with transfers.

Maybe stop agenda pushing and let people decide for themselves!

Well, I'm glad he posted it. I'm almost tempted to get a flight home as here in the land of the rising ineptitude,  I don't think I'll be getting anywhere near a vaccination this year.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3211 on: June 20, 2021, 04:27:24 PM »
Wow Axl, I'm in the country known as perpetual frontrunners for incompetence and I'm getting mine next month.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #3212 on: June 20, 2021, 04:33:36 PM »
Ha! I used to live in Padua, so remember it well!

Maybe I'm being a little over critical, but there's far too much considering going on in Japan. My only hope for a near future vaccination is the university I work at deciding to vaccinate staff on campus. Which is starting to grow in popularity here.

Anyway, I've just noticed I'm on the summer transfer thread. Apologies to those hoping for some new signings news!

Good luck with your jab, Monty!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3213 on: June 20, 2021, 04:36:51 PM »
I'm sure they will vaccinate the Olympic team. You still have enough time to learn trampolining if you start now.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3214 on: June 20, 2021, 06:06:50 PM »

The Villa Park vaccination hub is open all day today for anyone over 18. No appointment is necessary. Please pass this around and encourage all those not vaccinated so far to use this facility if they can.

You do talk some shit sometimes.

Just not on this occasion! 😉

Offline charlatan

« Reply #3215 on: June 20, 2021, 06:11:42 PM »
Is there a bad place to promote vaccinations? I would say on here is as good a place as any and if everyone gets it we can all get back to the way it was, or close to it much faster.
Funerals
Fascist rallies
Venues under terrorist attack
In the centre circle while taking the knee
Football stadium based mass executions
etc

Offline charlatan

« Reply #3216 on: June 20, 2021, 06:13:15 PM »
basically anywhere it gets mixed up with another controversial agenda. think here is safe.

Offline yammers

« Reply #3217 on: June 20, 2021, 06:15:02 PM »
Does anyone know where you can get a vaccination this weekend?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3218 on: June 20, 2021, 06:22:21 PM »
Fucking hell. Is it any wonder we ultimately went down.

https://twitter.com/justin_avfc_/status/1406400533095665674?s=21

“Young & Hungry”….

That was the only time I had a bit of sympathy for Lambert tbh. We ended the previous season reasonabl o.k and with Benteke staying there was a bit of optimism around the place which was a rarity in those times so we needed to get in 2-3 decent players in 10-15m range rather than the rubbish we signed for about combined 30m that summer.

Lambert didn't help himself though getting in Kozak for 7m when we needed a more creative midfielder.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #3219 on: June 20, 2021, 06:28:33 PM »
Fucking hell. Is it any wonder we ultimately went down.

https://twitter.com/justin_avfc_/status/1406400533095665674?s=21

“Young & Hungry”….

That was the only time I had a bit of sympathy for Lambert tbh. We ended the previous season reasonabl o.k and with Benteke staying there was a bit of optimism around the place which was a rarity in those times so we needed to get in 2-3 decent players in 10-15m range rather than the rubbish we signed for about combined 30m that summer.

Lambert didn't help himself though getting in Kozak for 7m when we needed a more creative midfielder.

Young and hungry is not a bad starting point but we went young, hungry and cheap.  Around this time we also had issues with the coaches, bibs and cones, so we kinda doubled down on the craziness by having no coaches to take advantage of the player’s hunger.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3220 on: June 20, 2021, 07:01:58 PM »
Young, hungry, cheap, and unfortunately in 95% of cases, utterly crap.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #3221 on: June 20, 2021, 10:48:40 PM »
How many 18-21 year olds are there on here? I would have thought most would be onto the second jab by now :)

My son's just had his invitation for his 1st jab sometimes next week. He's 27 and living in Brum.

Obviously I told him that...

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3222 on: June 20, 2021, 11:13:56 PM »
Young, hungry, cheap, and unfortunately in 95% of cases, utterly crap.

And we relied on them all coming good in order for the 'plan' to work.

Absolutely pathetic stuff, an excuse for buying cheap crud and making it look like some cunning plan.

If it had been that easy to do, every club would have been doing it.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3223 on: June 20, 2021, 11:51:01 PM »

It's not easy, but nor is it a plan completely without merit.

There isn't a massive difference in the theory between what we were doing around then, and Leicester buying Mahrez, Kante, Vardy and Schmeichel for less than the combined fee of what we were spending on Libor Kozak, then combining them with a load of Premier League has-beens and nearly-weres like Huth, Simpson, Drinkwater and er...Albrighton.

There's nothing different in principle to us signing Senderos from Fulham's reserves and them signing Huth from Stoke's reserves. Or us signing El-Ahmadi and them signing Kante.

They just scouted and integrated the right players for their "young and hungry plan", we went and gone done fucked it.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #3224 on: June 21, 2021, 12:30:05 AM »

It's not easy, but nor is it a plan completely without merit.

There isn't a massive difference in the theory between what we were doing around then, and Leicester buying Mahrez, Kante, Vardy and Schmeichel for less than the combined fee of what we were spending on Libor Kozak, then combining them with a load of Premier League has-beens and nearly-weres like Huth, Simpson, Drinkwater and er...Albrighton.

There's nothing different in principle to us signing Senderos from Fulham's reserves and them signing Huth from Stoke's reserves. Or us signing El-Ahmadi and them signing Kante.

They just scouted and integrated the right players for their "young and hungry plan", we went and gone done fucked it.
Our signings under TSM2 ,the 'young and hungry' weren't too bad.The fee received for Benteke paid for everyone.Discards like Lowton and Westwood continued in the Prem.with Burnley.Vlaar returned home.The problem was the unwillingness to spend the extra.TSM2 wanted Cresswell from Ipswich but we balked at the fee and bought Bennett .We acted like a side just grateful to be in the top division which has been too often case in the last ...
Insert how long you have been following this great club.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal