collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126318 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #1830 on: May 27, 2021, 10:02:36 PM »
Played the whole season for Cambridge, got promoted and was nominated for League Two Player Of The Year.

Not bad for 39. He seems like he was at the end of the road when we were being linked with him.

Offline gage against the machine

« Reply #1831 on: May 27, 2021, 10:07:48 PM »

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1832 on: May 27, 2021, 10:10:33 PM »
£1m Buendia cost from Getafe. Would love to see us identify young signings like that, loan them out and then them to come back as the fully developed player instead of having to pay £40m.

Didn't we sign Luna from Getafe or another middling Spanish team?

As much as it looks hilarious transfer strategy now we did try that sort of thing between 2012-14. Westwood and Lowton now established prem starters for team that stays up every season, Benteke obviously brilliant and we sold for massive profit and Okore was a genuinely rated young prospect at CB when we got him before he did his ACL in his 3rd game.

Just don't expect to get anwhere near top 6 just having that as your only transfer policy.

The problem is, we filled a team with cheap gambles and hoped that they'd ALL come off, which was never going to happen.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #1835 on: May 28, 2021, 10:04:03 AM »
I'd like to see both Buendia and Pereira signed this summer. We need to add quality reinforcements to the squad. These two fit the bill.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1836 on: May 28, 2021, 10:24:05 AM »
Played the whole season for Cambridge, got promoted and was nominated for League Two Player Of The Year.

Not bad for 39. He seems like he was at the end of the road when we were being linked with him.

Cultured player. Would still be the only player capable of a probing forward pass in the Irish international team if he was still playing for them.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1837 on: May 28, 2021, 11:01:28 AM »
Having read half a dozen pages of the main Norwich forum's thread on Buendia's potential transfer somewhere, it's basically identical to the Grealish thread when we got promoted. All "sell him to Atletico because I couldn't bear to see him play against us",  "he's better than anyone of his style in the Premier League" and "I feel sorry for Villa fans, being led into thinking they'd have a chance of signing him"#

Bring him in.

Norwich are the archetypal 'get promoted occasionally, act billy big bollocks' rancid second division fans.

Huh...I didn’t even know they had a football team in Norwich. Go figure

Something in those carrots that make them deluded 

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1838 on: May 28, 2021, 11:12:26 AM »
Having read half a dozen pages of the main Norwich forum's thread on Buendia's potential transfer somewhere, it's basically identical to the Grealish thread when we got promoted. All "sell him to Atletico because I couldn't bear to see him play against us",  "he's better than anyone of his style in the Premier League" and "I feel sorry for Villa fans, being led into thinking they'd have a chance of signing him"#

Bring him in.

Norwich are the archetypal 'get promoted occasionally, act billy big bollocks' rancid second division fans.

I guess if you spend all your life somewhere so flat you lose perspective.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1839 on: May 28, 2021, 11:16:30 AM »

Bring him in.

Point of order. As an alumnus of the school of hard knocks and the University of East Anglia, I can confirm that Norwich isn't flat. Like Rome, it is surrounded by seven hills. It undulates with the best of them.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1840 on: May 28, 2021, 11:19:02 AM »

Bring him in.

Point of order. As an alumnus of the school of hard knocks and the University of East Anglia, I can confirm that Norwich isn't flat. Like Rome, it is surrounded by seven hills. It undulates with the best of them.

I know, I've got friends there and have been there many times, but everyone 'knows' east anglia is really flat.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #1841 on: May 28, 2021, 11:29:23 AM »

Bring him in.

Doesn't quite explain the Dutch National team then!

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1842 on: May 28, 2021, 11:34:55 AM »

Bring him in.

Yes went glamping in Cromer last year ,took my bike expecting a few  easy cycles,  bloody lumps everywhere !! beautiful though  !

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1843 on: May 28, 2021, 11:35:44 AM »

Bring him in.

Doesn't quite explain the Dutch National team then!

No, but it does explain why they're so tall.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1844 on: May 28, 2021, 11:45:45 AM »
£1m Buendia cost from Getafe. Would love to see us identify young signings like that, loan them out and then them to come back as the fully developed player instead of having to pay £40m.

Didn't we sign Luna from Getafe or another middling Spanish team?

As much as it looks hilarious transfer strategy now we did try that sort of thing between 2012-14. Westwood and Lowton now established prem starters for team that stays up every season, Benteke obviously brilliant and we sold for massive profit and Okore was a genuinely rated young prospect at CB when we got him before he did his ACL in his 3rd game.

Just don't expect to get anwhere near top 6 just having that as your only transfer policy.

I didn't say to stick them in the first team...I said loan them out until they've developed and added value so we can either sell or integrate into the squad if they're good enough. Buendia was my example of where that would have been really clever business (admittedly with hindsight in my case but I would hope we have people who can spot talent like his). Wouldn't it be great to start integrating a 24-year old player, who we had loaned out for 3 years and was now worth £40m who we had bought as a 21 year old for only £1m? The work we're doing in the academy is fantastic and we may see the same end result in future years but this approach is a slight tangent towards the same end goal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal