collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Calum Chambers -signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 07:44:34 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by martin o`who??
[Today at 07:43:48 PM]

MOTD by martin o`who??
[Today at 07:32:05 PM]

FFP by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 07:26:55 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by RamboandBruno
[Today at 07:23:20 PM]

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:23:03 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:22:17 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 07:12:50 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 07:44:34 PM]

Re: Emi Buendia - Injured by martin o`who??
[Today at 07:43:48 PM]

Re: Emi Buendia - Injured by martin o`who??
[Today at 07:36:55 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by paul_e
[Today at 07:35:05 PM]

Re: MOTD by martin o`who??
[Today at 07:32:05 PM]

Re: FFP by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 07:26:55 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by RamboandBruno
[Today at 07:23:20 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:23:03 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126202 times)

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #1815 on: May 27, 2021, 08:32:30 PM »
I appreciate that they got to a European final (and thankfully lost) but where is the evidence that Pochettino is any good? He was good at Southampton, but so was any other bugger they appointed.  Levy is either desperate or stupid.  Poch even managed to finished second in a two horse race in France, with one of the world's best squads.  Humbe pie indeed, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Levy is asked to fall on his sword.

N'Dombele would be a very good signing.  Not sure what age Lucas Moura is but I think he's a very under-rated player too.

5 seasons at Spurs where the lowest they finished was 5th I guess. That run to the ECL final masked a team in decline though and they were a rabble in the final weeks of his reign. That PSG squad seem to be an unmanageable lot so maybe deserves a pass there. No matter who Levy gets in that squad needs a complete overhaul. Even if they get Guardiola in we should be targeting to finish higher than them next season.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 09:17:36 AM by brontebilly »

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1816 on: May 27, 2021, 08:34:45 PM »
The highest they finished was 2nd. How would the highest finish be 5th if they were in a Champions League final?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1817 on: May 27, 2021, 08:48:51 PM »
Having read half a dozen pages of the main Norwich forum's thread on Buendia's potential transfer somewhere, it's basically identical to the Grealish thread when we got promoted. All "sell him to Atletico because I couldn't bear to see him play against us",  "he's better than anyone of his style in the Premier League" and "I feel sorry for Villa fans, being led into thinking they'd have a chance of signing him"

Bring him in.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1818 on: May 27, 2021, 08:57:30 PM »
What about Mata as a reserve 10 and good egg to have around the place?  I think he is on a free and may offer something in a quasi coaching role.
No we don't need to be TK Maxx club.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1819 on: May 27, 2021, 09:08:36 PM »
Having read half a dozen pages of the main Norwich forum's thread on Buendia's potential transfer somewhere, it's basically identical to the Grealish thread when we got promoted. All "sell him to Atletico because I couldn't bear to see him play against us",  "he's better than anyone of his style in the Premier League" and "I feel sorry for Villa fans, being led into thinking they'd have a chance of signing him"

Bring him in.

Norwich are the archetypal 'get promoted occasionally, act billy big bollocks' rancid second division fans.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #1820 on: May 27, 2021, 09:27:25 PM »

Bring him in.

Norwich are the archetypal 'get promoted occasionally, act billy big bollocks' rancid second division fans.

Like smethwick then

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1821 on: May 27, 2021, 09:36:50 PM »
Yup. Yo-yo.

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1822 on: May 27, 2021, 09:38:12 PM »
Feel a bit sorry for Norwich fans. Last time they got promoted, they spent bugger all and went straight back down.

They get promoted again and immediately the club are trying to sell 2 of their best players.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1823 on: May 27, 2021, 09:46:24 PM »

Bring him in.

They seem convinced that we would have no chance of getting him. I recall that they also thought we had no chance of recruiting Lambert when we were a shambles and they finished above us. Not that said transaction worked out brilliantly in the end...

But it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that a player might want to leave a provincial club who seem to have settled for relegation before even starting their campaign to join a massive, upwardly mobile club who are literally the most ambitious on the planet based on the last two years' spending.

Norwich can be added to the Bristol City/Middlesbrough list of weird clubs with weird fans that have a chip on their shoulder about us.

Online danno

« Reply #1824 on: May 27, 2021, 09:50:01 PM »
I can admit to having a chip on my shoulder about Middlesbrough F.C twenty years ago. Ugo, George Boateng, Southgate, even our goalkeeping coach!

Had no idea it was reciprocal, although their chairman did throw a strop about FFP didn't he?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1825 on: May 27, 2021, 09:50:29 PM »
£1m Buendia cost from Getafe. Would love to see us identify young signings like that, loan them out and then them to come back as the fully developed player instead of having to pay £40m.

Didn't we sign Luna from Getafe or another middling Spanish team?

As much as it looks hilarious transfer strategy now we did try that sort of thing between 2012-14. Westwood and Lowton now established prem starters for team that stays up every season, Benteke obviously brilliant and we sold for massive profit and Okore was a genuinely rated young prospect at CB when we got him before he did his ACL in his 3rd game.

Just don't expect to get anwhere near top 6 just having that as your only transfer policy.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1826 on: May 27, 2021, 09:50:32 PM »

Bring him in.

Huh...I didn’t even know they had a football team in Norwich. Go figure

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1827 on: May 27, 2021, 09:50:59 PM »

Bring him in.

They seem convinced that we would have no chance of getting him. I recall that they also thought we had no chance of recruiting Lambert when we were a shambles and they finished above us. Not that said transaction worked out brilliantly in the end...

But it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that a player might want to leave a provincial club who seem to have settled for relegation before even starting their campaign to join a massive, upwardly mobile club who are literally the most ambitious on the planet based on the last two years' spending.

Norwich can be added to the Bristol City/Middlesbrough list of weird clubs with weird fans that have a chip on their shoulder about us.

Didn't the Wes Hoolihan thing get them a bit stroppy for a few months as well?

Seems like a lifetime ago.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1828 on: May 27, 2021, 09:53:27 PM »

Bring him in.

Didn't the Wes Hoolihan thing get them a bit stroppy for a few months as well?

Seems like a lifetime ago.

Ha ha, the only player that scored and wouldn't celebrate against a team he was hoping to sign for.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1829 on: May 27, 2021, 09:58:54 PM »
That was mad. I still half expect to see that he's snuck into our pre-season team photo each year.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal