collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1125316 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #1605 on: May 24, 2021, 02:23:31 PM »
Grealish, Watkins, Maddison, Abraham, Traore....

Tasty.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1606 on: May 24, 2021, 02:32:45 PM »
Hm. Starting to look a bit MONish.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1607 on: May 24, 2021, 02:37:20 PM »

Even I won’t mind if we finish in the top six though

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1608 on: May 24, 2021, 02:39:49 PM »
The Athletic are reporting that Villa, Arsenal and an unnamed European club are battling it out for Buendia. Norwich are willing to sell but for £40m minimum.

BIDDING WAARRRRR

Norwich are bracing themselves while others are preparing

Will our owners dig in to the warchest?

Online Baldy

« Reply #1609 on: May 24, 2021, 02:41:45 PM »
Was listening to 606 last night and a Leicester fan was slating James Maddison, apparently his attitude in recent weeks has not been great.

With Vardy fading, other players aging, UEFA Cup next year I reckon Leicester could flatter to deceive next season. Along with Spuds, Arse, Everton, Leeds, West Ham these are the teams we should be looking to surpass next year.

Get a bid in for Maddison, aged 24, born in Coventry, good mates with Jack and would tick a lot of boxes for us. Great replacement when and if, Jack needs uploading!! Would damage Leicester in the process which would be cool.

What do ye reckon?  :)

Aren't we supposed to have a 'no dickheads' policy?

I read this and thought you were calling Baldy a dickhead. Until I read the whole page and understood the context, I thought you were being a bit harsh!

Ha! Just to clarify, Baldy, I was referring to Maddison!

No problem, I am a dickhead.  8)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1610 on: May 24, 2021, 02:43:50 PM »
With Kane going to Manchester why not bid for Son if we've a decent amount to spend? Would be close to being a 'statement' signing and him and Watkins would keep defences very busy. If nothing else the prospect would piss off Spurs fans.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #1611 on: May 24, 2021, 03:29:59 PM »

Eh?

Offline Monty

« Reply #1612 on: May 24, 2021, 03:36:00 PM »

Eh?

Just, like, there are other countries to sign players from, many of whom won't cost three times what they should

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1613 on: May 24, 2021, 03:38:21 PM »

English players are a bit more technically astute these days though, it's hardly Luke Young and Nigel Reo-Coker again

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #1614 on: May 24, 2021, 03:39:09 PM »
With Kane going to Manchester why not bid for Son if we've a decent amount to spend? Would be close to being a 'statement' signing and him and Watkins would keep defences very busy. If nothing else the prospect would piss off Spurs fans.
Would be amazing to get Son. A fantastically consistent performer and regular goalscorer.

Hardworking and certainly puts a shift in - which is clearly something that is expected of front players by Smith.

He would also cover our need for a striker/attacking wide player (IMO). Though Transfer Markt has him valued at £76.5m, do people think he is a realistic target?

I imagine the owners would be aware of his value in terms of global appeal.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #1615 on: May 24, 2021, 03:40:57 PM »

Eh?

Just, like, there are other countries to sign players from, many of whom won't cost three times what they should

Of course, but the ones I've suggested are good, young and getting better.

Offline Monty

« Reply #1616 on: May 24, 2021, 03:41:11 PM »

English players are a bit more technically astute these days though, it's hardly Luke Young and Nigel Reo-Coker again

Obviously, I was being a bit facetious, MON would never have signed Jack let alone built the world around him. I just don't want us to fall into the same trap.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1617 on: May 24, 2021, 03:42:05 PM »
Would be amazing to get Son. A fantastically consistent performer and regular goalscorer.

Hardworking and certainly puts a shift in - which is clearly something that is expected of front players by Smith.

He would also cover our need for a striker/attacking wide player (IMO). Though Transfer Markt has him valued at £76.5m, do people think he is a realistic target?

To be honest, I'd be happy with just lobbing them a series of derisory bids for various players without ever seriously intending to buy, just for the crack.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #1618 on: May 24, 2021, 03:46:27 PM »

Obviously, I was being a bit facetious, MON would never have signed Jack let alone built the world around him. I just don't want us to fall into the same trap.

We've got a solid group and a team mentality. It can take time for players from abroad to get the game and culture. However, I do believe we've signed players, AEG and Trez as examples, who show absolutely the right attitude to the game and have improved us.

Leicester are a sum of their parts rather than having outstanding individuals. We're doing the same and we're lucky we've a superstar as part of that team ethic.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1619 on: May 24, 2021, 04:09:47 PM »

To be honest, I'd be happy with just lobbing them a series of derisory bids for various players without ever seriously intending to buy, just for the crack.
We should have someone employed by the club who's job it is to ring them up every day and offer them 3 tins of Aldi chopped tomatoes and a photocopy of a signed Jack Grealish photograph in exchange for their entire first team.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal