collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126313 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #1590 on: May 24, 2021, 01:48:05 PM »
Was listening to 606 last night and a Leicester fan was slating James Maddison, apparently his attitude in recent weeks has not been great.

With Vardy fading, other players aging, UEFA Cup next year I reckon Leicester could flatter to deceive next season. Along with Spuds, Arse, Everton, Leeds, West Ham these are the teams we should be looking to surpass next year.

Get a bid in for Maddison, aged 24, born in Coventry, good mates with Jack and would tick a lot of boxes for us. Great replacement when and if, Jack needs uploading!! Would damage Leicester in the process which would be cool.

What do ye reckon?  :)
I think Leicester will sell Tielemans this summer and that's it.

If Maddison was to go I suspect it would be £50m + and we're not in that market yet.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1591 on: May 24, 2021, 01:51:48 PM »
Was listening to 606 last night and a Leicester fan was slating James Maddison, apparently his attitude in recent weeks has not been great.

With Vardy fading, other players aging, UEFA Cup next year I reckon Leicester could flatter to deceive next season. Along with Spuds, Arse, Everton, Leeds, West Ham these are the teams we should be looking to surpass next year.

Get a bid in for Maddison, aged 24, born in Coventry, good mates with Jack and would tick a lot of boxes for us. Great replacement when and if, Jack needs uploading!! Would damage Leicester in the process which would be cool.

If Maddison was to go I suspect it would be £50m + and we're not in that market yet.

I think you'll find that we are about to be. And Maddison would be a great start.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1592 on: May 24, 2021, 01:54:14 PM »
Our players love playing here, it's obvious the team spirit we have and the improvement is clear to see. I'm pretty sure there will be one or two who are nervous about their place as first choice but they won't get better than the Villa. We've got our better players tied down to long contracts so if there is anyone wanting to bid they will have to offer way more than market value to get them.

Our concern just has to be with who will come in to improve us and with our Manager and CEO suggesting we should be excited etc then it all bodes well.

A striker, a wide player, (and/or someone creative) a centre midfielder are surely the priority.

Then we need to look at who may be leaving at the end of their contract and others who may feel they want first team football but won't get it. So Elmo, Engels, Heaton, Taylor will all be going and I'd think that will be that (other than Barkley who wasn't our anyway). Guilbert is the one question mark for me about whether or not he'll stay/want to stay etc.

We've some good youth coming through, Chukwuemeka, Philogene-Bidace, Kessler, Revans, Young may all make some appearances too (albeit just Cup matches for some of them).

Engels has said he wants to fight for his spot in an interview in Belgium a week or so back, I think he'll stay.

I expect that someone who's career has gone Olympiakos - Brugge - Reims - Premier League is probably quite happy to see that contract play out. 

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1593 on: May 24, 2021, 01:54:23 PM »
Well absolutely, he's a fantastic player.  Don't see it myself but I'd be delighted if we signed him.

Offline Baldy

« Reply #1594 on: May 24, 2021, 02:00:33 PM »

With our owners wealth, we might be.  :) Would also try and get Alaine Saint Maximin from Geordies and for the experience, a bid for the 30 year old N'golo Kante.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 02:04:10 PM by Baldy »

Online danno

« Reply #1595 on: May 24, 2021, 02:07:01 PM »
I only heard half of that 606 call, what was the problem, that Maddison was smiling when he came on or something like that?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1596 on: May 24, 2021, 02:12:24 PM »

Aren't we supposed to have a 'no dickheads' policy?

Offline Baldy

« Reply #1597 on: May 24, 2021, 02:13:32 PM »
I only heard half of that 606 call, what was the problem, that Maddison was smiling when he came on or something like that?

Yes, that was about it, apparently he was seen laughing with a few Spuds players after the game as his team mates were shattered because they did not qualify for the Champions League. Plus breaking the lockdown rules a few weeks ago.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1598 on: May 24, 2021, 02:14:15 PM »

He has a cocky swagger , but he is a good player , would be great with Jack

Online Alex77

• GM : 19.11.2023
« Reply #1599 on: May 24, 2021, 02:19:11 PM »

I read this and thought you were calling Baldy a dickhead. Until I read the whole page and understood the context, I thought you were being a bit harsh!

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1600 on: May 24, 2021, 02:19:36 PM »
I'd worry that they'd get each other into trouble!

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1601 on: May 24, 2021, 02:19:53 PM »

Maddison?  I thought he was generally highly regarded?  He certainly come accross well in interviews bright, enthusiastic and knowledgable.  I'd love him at the Villa.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1602 on: May 24, 2021, 02:20:17 PM »

I read this and thought you were calling Baldy a dickhead. Until I read the whole page and understood the context, I thought you were being a bit harsh!

Ha! Just to clarify, Baldy, I was referring to Maddison!

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1603 on: May 24, 2021, 02:21:29 PM »

Maddison?  I thought he was generally highly regarded?  He certainly come accross well in interviews bright, enthusiastic and knowledgable.  I'd love him at the Villa.

He's got himself into trouble several times over the last couple of years. I know we have someone similar, but that would be the worry for me.

Online danno

« Reply #1604 on: May 24, 2021, 02:23:11 PM »

Yes, that was about it, apparently he was seen laughing with a few Spuds players after the game as his team mates were shattered because they did not qualify for the Champions League. Plus breaking the lockdown rules a few weeks ago.

Right, thanks. Lol the "he doesn't care" wailing makes much more sense now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal