collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by eamonn
[Today at 01:18:48 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 01:17:43 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 01:17:12 PM]

Re: FFP by astonvilla82
[Today at 01:15:24 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 01:08:06 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by chrisw1
[Today at 01:04:38 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 01:03:39 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:02:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1108999 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #1305 on: May 18, 2021, 01:28:33 PM »
I can see Kane going he want's to win things I doubt he will win the league the Spurs.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #1306 on: May 18, 2021, 01:53:55 PM »
To be honest there are only 4 teams that can win the league (City, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool) the rest of the clubs are fighting for the scraps of either survival or the Europa league - occasionally there is a different team in the top 4 but not often

He will in my opinion go to City.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1307 on: May 18, 2021, 01:55:48 PM »
I think he will replace Salah at 'The Mighty Reds YNWA'

I also think Rogers will become Sperms Manager - which i think will be a mistake for him

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1308 on: May 18, 2021, 01:56:24 PM »
I think he will replace Salah at 'The Mighty Reds YNWA'

I also think Rogers will become Sperms Manager - which i think will be a mistake for him

And for them hopefully.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1309 on: May 18, 2021, 02:01:52 PM »
I don't think Rodgers has worked this hard to get Leicester into the Champions League, only to walk off to a club outside the CL who are about to lose their best player.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1310 on: May 18, 2021, 02:13:30 PM »
I don't think Rodgers has worked this hard to get Leicester into the Champions League, only to walk off to a club outside the CL who are about to lose their best player.

Quite.

Similar with Kane. Having thought about it, it's one of the Manchester clubs. Liverpool and Chelsea still aren't guaranteed Chumps League so he'd be daft nailing his colours to the mast without a guarantee.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1311 on: May 18, 2021, 02:15:56 PM »
Levy's reputation seems almost entirely based on him squeezing Real Madrid when they signed Bale. Take that single deal away and his transfer record isn't all that special and in reality they've missed out on a number of players than might have made the difference to them winning a trophy because he was playing hard ball and clubs called his bluff.

Depends what prism you judge it on really.

Read the other day Spurs haven't finished below the top 6 since 2009, checked it....and it's true. They could still finish 6th this season if they beat us and West Ham lose.

We were miles clear of Spurs in the 90s and they were up and down aswell in the 2000s so I'd say that's a pretty impressive level of consistancy from them considering they haven't been spending huge amounts compared to others they've been trying to finish above since that time. And of course we had the tedious arguments about them having a cheaper wage bill than us in the 08-10 period when we were seriously giving it a go under Lerner.

How have they done it as we'd all settled for that sort of consistancy in next 10 years under NSWE. Top 6 for three years running under MON was exciting enough even if cracks were appearing below the surface.

Now they're on the way down and I think we've got a good chance of finishing above them next season. However last time it happened after selling Bale and they had a poor following season (ending with Sherwood in charge) they made probably one of the best managerial appoimtments in last 10 years so again that's something I'd like to see from our owners whenever the time comes in the future as we should be seen as attractive option.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1312 on: May 18, 2021, 02:16:35 PM »

This is Brendan Rodgers though, a man who if he were made of chocolate, would heat himself gently and spread himself upon himself to enjoy erotically.

The lure of the media darlings would be strong, I think.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1313 on: May 18, 2021, 02:17:44 PM »
They'll go for Potter type appointment imo.

Scott Parker would be hilarious though, he'd last about 3 months. Or the 12 year old they've got in charge now.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1314 on: May 18, 2021, 02:19:06 PM »
While that's true, I think he also liked the moral highground of the Super League affair, and would probably love the chance to do it again.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1315 on: May 18, 2021, 02:43:16 PM »
Levy's reputation seems almost entirely based on him squeezing Real Madrid when they signed Bale. Take that single deal away and his transfer record isn't all that special and in reality they've missed out on a number of players than might have made the difference to them winning a trophy because he was playing hard ball and clubs called his bluff.

Read the other day Spurs haven't finished below the top 6 since 2009, checked it....and it's true. They could still finish 6th this season if they beat us and West Ham lose.

We were miles clear of Spurs in the 90s and they were up and down aswell in the 2000s so I'd say that's a pretty impressive level of consistancy from them considering they haven't been spending huge amounts compared to others they've been trying to finish above since that time. And of course we had the tedious arguments about them having a cheaper wage bill than us in the 08-10 period when we were seriously giving it a go under Lerner.

How have they done it as we'd all settled for that sort of consistancy in next 10 years under NSWE. Top 6 for three years running under MON was exciting enough even if cracks were appearing below the surface.

Now they're on the way down and I think we've got a good chance of finishing above them next season. However last time it happened after selling Bale and they had a poor following season (ending with Sherwood in charge) they made probably one of the best managerial appoimtments in last 10 years so again that's something I'd like to see from our owners whenever the time comes in the future as we should be seen as attractive option.

I don't disagree with any of that but the point is that given their elevated status, commercial and geographical advantages and a series of decent managers they've stood still and that's in no small part because of some poor decision making by Levy which let them down in key transfer windows.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1316 on: May 18, 2021, 02:48:46 PM »

Spurs haven't done too bad really. Their problem has always been the mental expectations of their fans totally out of synch with reality or their place in it. At one point in the late 90's/early 00's every summer they'd be claiming this or that superstar was about to join them while the rest of us laughed at them.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1317 on: May 18, 2021, 03:07:05 PM »

This is Brendan Rodgers though, a man who if he were made of chocolate, would heat himself gently and spread himself upon himself to enjoy erotically.

The lure of the media darlings would be strong, I think.

He does have that "if he were an ice-cream he'd lick himself" vibe.

Still think he's too smart to go to Spurz if Leicester get a CL spot.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1318 on: May 18, 2021, 03:14:47 PM »
I can see Rodgers at Spurs or Arsenal but certainly not now. After next season is certainly a possibility. Fuck, if he's available and Deano isn't cutting it next year we should be in for him.

I see him as a 99 type of guy. Likes to chew on his own Flake and licks feverishly around the edges to stop his sauce from dripping on to his suit.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 03:16:33 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #1319 on: May 18, 2021, 03:15:10 PM »
Is this the new "other clubs' transfer thread?"

What does Arry' Kane, Levy, Brendan Rodgers, Leicester and Potter have to do with our summer transfers?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 10:00:30 PM by Goldie.7 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal