collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1119850 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #1290 on: May 18, 2021, 11:18:47 AM »
Weren't Franco's White Shirts were interested in Kane?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1291 on: May 18, 2021, 11:24:53 AM »
I can't see Kane in Paris.

He struggles with English.

So good luck trying to speak French there.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1292 on: May 18, 2021, 11:35:58 AM »
Kane's said he wants to stay in the Premier League I think. Chelsea might have him, which means he wouldn't have to move home.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1293 on: May 18, 2021, 12:25:45 PM »
My bet would be that he (Kane) already knows where he's going and there's already been talks between the club and the agent.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1294 on: May 18, 2021, 12:29:41 PM »
Weren't Franco's White Shirts were interested in Kane?

Heard something on the radio the other day saying they were the frontrunners to sign Haaland.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1295 on: May 18, 2021, 12:29:56 PM »
My bet would be that he (Kane) already knows where he's going and there's already been talks between the club and the agent.

True, but occasionally you get a player demand a move that unfortunately doesn't transpire, and then you end up looking a twat when you move to Middlesborough.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1296 on: May 18, 2021, 12:32:24 PM »
If Kane goes to Man City might as well give them next years title too :-) upgrading Gabriel Jesus who IMHO wouldn’t get 10 goals in any team below top 6 to Kane who would comfortably get 25 if his glass ankles hold up would be a huge upgrade!

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1297 on: May 18, 2021, 12:35:11 PM »
I can't see Kane going to Man City. Guardiola seems to prefer playing with a false nine.
I know Kane has been playing more of a deep role for Spurs this season but he still thrives on crosses into the box, which is not Pep's way. I think both him and Tuchel for that matter believe having a central figure/target is outdated in modern day football and I do too.

I can see him going to Man United though.

I think he would be ideal for Manchester City to be honest, especially as he has tended to play a bit deeper in recent years.  I think that is where he will end up.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1298 on: May 18, 2021, 12:36:34 PM »
Looks poor value to me when you think Spurs will screw every penny out of a buying club when he has 3 years left on his contract. I just can't see anyone paying 120m for him and half that for his wages when he's 28 in 2 months. Unless the buying clubs are that confident of a return to a pre-COVID financial conditions.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1299 on: May 18, 2021, 12:55:50 PM »
Looks poor value to me when you think Spurs will screw every penny out of a buying club when he has 3 years left on his contract. I just can't see anyone paying 120m for him and half that for his wages when he's 28 in 2 months. Unless the buying clubs are that confident of a return to a pre-COVID financial conditions.

I think that's a good point.  Must be honest though, I don't quite see Levy in the same way as others.  I don't quite get the astute businessman that others see to be honest.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1300 on: May 18, 2021, 12:59:05 PM »

I think that's a good point.  Must be honest though, I don't quite see Levy in the same way as others.  I don't quite get the astute businessman that others see to be honest.

On here I think it's part-pisstake and as someone else said, out in the wider world there's a disturbing taint of anti-Semitism.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1301 on: May 18, 2021, 01:10:26 PM »
Levy's reputation seems almost entirely based on him squeezing Real Madrid when they signed Bale. Take that single deal away and his transfer record isn't all that special and in reality they've missed out on a number of players than might have made the difference to them winning a trophy because he was playing hard ball and clubs called his bluff.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1302 on: May 18, 2021, 01:11:44 PM »
Dunno. I sort of see spurs as a team who sell well and buy crap

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #1303 on: May 18, 2021, 01:12:17 PM »

True, but occasionally you get a player demand a move that unfortunately doesn't transpire, and then you end up looking a twat when you move to Middlesborough.

This made me chuckle. Damn right, aswell.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1304 on: May 18, 2021, 01:20:29 PM »
Dunno. I sort of see spurs as a team who sell well and buy crap

There aren't many players they've sold in the last 10years where the fee looks massively over the top though. Sales of players who've come through their youth system have been decent, £12m for Walker-Peters last summer for example, but selling on their signings has been at a loss more often than not for years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal