collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1108950 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #1035 on: May 10, 2021, 04:11:06 PM »
Pereira should be our first signing. He’s a top young talent.

Don’t disagree but I suspect we will see the Lange signings this summer, some of which we will have never heard of

On that subject Daramy at FCK looks like he could become a good player but probably 2-3 years away. i can't see us looking at anyone else there though.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1036 on: May 10, 2021, 04:12:32 PM »

Of all the players we are linked with in this position, he's the one that excites me the least. 

Online paul_e

« Reply #1037 on: May 10, 2021, 04:23:38 PM »

Of all the players we are linked with in this position, he's the one that excites me the least. 

I can't decide on him, he was good against us and the stats show he's been decent in the last couple of months but he doesn't look like an upgrade on Bert to me, he seems similar in that he's very inconsistent.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1038 on: May 10, 2021, 04:27:49 PM »
Fuck giving the Bitters any money. They can scavenge Fat Sams brown paper bag cash from somewhere else.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1039 on: May 10, 2021, 04:34:17 PM »

Really? I find him a very exciting player who will only get better having better players alongside him. He’s inventive, he’s great in dead all situations. I see him a bit like Lookman at Fulham, another player I would gladly have. He stands out in a relegated side and would be an upgrade on what we have today.

We need two types of player in my opinion. Ones that make our first team much better and ones that make our squad deeper and stronger. Our issue today is that when our best players are out or experience a loss of form, the drop off in quality is rather large. We need to bridge that gap over many windows so we can properly rotate our squad.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #1040 on: May 10, 2021, 04:44:29 PM »
I am always uncomfortable with signing players who either looked really good against us and/or looked decent in relegated teams. Maybe I have just never recovered from the likes of Sasa Curcic and Mustapha Hadji who scarred me at a young age.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1041 on: May 10, 2021, 05:05:03 PM »

Don’t disagree but I suspect we will see the Lange signings this summer, some of which we will have never heard of

I expect us to be linked with Shania Twain and Def Leppard.

Ah, the Britpop bands. UB40 would be a difficult deal to do but it would be an exciting proposition. The scouts could go on an all-weekend binge to Prestatyn to see Wings.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1042 on: May 10, 2021, 05:16:50 PM »
It still wouldn't shock me if we start the season with Luiz just in the role. He hasn't been great last few months but I dunno we had top 5 defence for most of the season and usually a DM plays a big part in that success don't they?
He's just young and lacks consistancy. This year he's pushed on from being an impact sub to a regular starter so I'm hoping for more improvement next season.
We could do with more goals from CM options though, that's a bit of a problem if you want to break into the top end of the table. Soucek scored 9 for West Ham so far so significant different to what our options have chipped in with.
I want us to play with a flat 3 across midfield that allows the 3 in front to move around the pitch more, in that 3 I think the 4 midfielders in the squad that I like (McGinn, Luiz, Sanson and Ramsey) are all suited to playing the 2 wider roles but then you want someone in between with the height, strength and running power to break up opposition attacks and transition us into our own. I think Chukwuemeka will become that type of player so I'm happy for him to be the cover option or for us to sign 2 players for the role with one being more of a whelan/jedinak signing to get us by for a year or 2.
I just think it's important we get a physical presence in there to take some of the pressure off Luiz to be an enforcer which doesn't really suit his game.
Declan Rice is the model for that CMF role: before his injury he was superb and the Spammers have missed him (Note how Soucek's scoring has dropped off since the Rice injury).
So, where's the next D Rice?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1043 on: May 10, 2021, 05:21:00 PM »
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12301848/championship-team-of-the-season-2020-21

Michael Olise is the one that stands out to me, still only 19 and left footed. Could be an understudy to Traore and add some depth.

Online paul_e

« Reply #1044 on: May 10, 2021, 05:22:08 PM »
It still wouldn't shock me if we start the season with Luiz just in the role. He hasn't been great last few months but I dunno we had top 5 defence for most of the season and usually a DM plays a big part in that success don't they?
He's just young and lacks consistancy. This year he's pushed on from being an impact sub to a regular starter so I'm hoping for more improvement next season.
We could do with more goals from CM options though, that's a bit of a problem if you want to break into the top end of the table. Soucek scored 9 for West Ham so far so significant different to what our options have chipped in with.
I want us to play with a flat 3 across midfield that allows the 3 in front to move around the pitch more, in that 3 I think the 4 midfielders in the squad that I like (McGinn, Luiz, Sanson and Ramsey) are all suited to playing the 2 wider roles but then you want someone in between with the height, strength and running power to break up opposition attacks and transition us into our own. I think Chukwuemeka will become that type of player so I'm happy for him to be the cover option or for us to sign 2 players for the role with one being more of a whelan/jedinak signing to get us by for a year or 2.
I just think it's important we get a physical presence in there to take some of the pressure off Luiz to be an enforcer which doesn't really suit his game.
Declan Rice is the model for that CMF role: before his injury he was superb and the Spammers have missed him (Note how Soucek's scoring has dropped off since the Rice injury).
So, where's the next D Rice?

Absolutely, Rice is a perfect example of the player I want, if he moves he'll be looking for champions league but if we can find someone similar it'd be fantastic. Of the gettable targets Berge still seems the best fit for me and I'd be ok with an older player in a similar vein (Matic would be my choice but I suspect he wouldn't be that popular with most).

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1045 on: May 10, 2021, 05:51:05 PM »

Matic - or is he too old now?
fernandinho - Would his Richie McCaw invisibility cloak desert him if he left Man City?
Milner - not a natural DM but definitely the right character
Wynaldum - on a free but would need crazy wages to gazump Liverpool/Barca’s offers

The more I think about it, all the above are compromises whereas we could buy the next off the rank with Bissoumba from Brighton.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1046 on: May 10, 2021, 05:56:09 PM »
Im not sure on Pereira, looks great in some matches and anonymous in others, but then I suspect that would always be the case for any flair player in a relegation certain team.

Anyway I had a dabble on one of their forums to see what they thought and come across this gem of a quote "Watching him dribble has been a joy to watch, he's been the most I've enjoyed watching a player since Jason Koumas"

The daft bastards are also talking about holding out for £90m. They will be lucky to get £25m.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 05:57:44 PM by LukeJames »

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1047 on: May 10, 2021, 05:56:35 PM »
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12301848/championship-team-of-the-season-2020-21

Michael Olise is the one that stands out to me, still only 19 and left footed. Could be an understudy to Traore and add some depth.

I’d even consider signing him and leaving him at Reading for the season, it should knock a few million off the price tag and allow him to get more experience in familiar surroundings.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #1048 on: May 10, 2021, 06:22:17 PM »
Realistic options to improve the first team

Dwight Mcneil
  (£15 -£17m?)

Michael Olise  (£10 -£12m?)

Emiliano Buendia  (£35 -£37m?)

If Leicester City incoming transfer business is 9 out of 10, I think ours has been a solid 7 out of 10. So I have hope that we move forward with young talented ballers.

Let make and develop our own stars.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1049 on: May 10, 2021, 06:23:31 PM »
you're looking at closer to 100m for those three. McNeil is more like 35-40, Olise 15-20, Buendia 40-45

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal