collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1108943 times)

Online N'ZMAV

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #330 on: April 13, 2021, 02:46:32 PM »
I'm not sure on Alli.

I think we've probably had our fingers burnt with Barkley as a type of bigger club's player trying to kick-start their career.

I thought we'd be going for a more players 'on the up type' of strategy. Not doubting the quality Alli has at times but there's surely question marks there.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #331 on: April 13, 2021, 02:47:24 PM »
Alli might also be biding his time at Spurs - Mourinho may not be there next season, meaning a new manager coming in could give Alli a fresh start.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #332 on: April 13, 2021, 03:10:51 PM »
Alli at Villa would be great. A goalscoring midfielder is absolutely what we need. And he's more than talented enough to do for us what Lingard has done for West Ham.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #333 on: April 13, 2021, 03:48:06 PM »
Alli at Villa would be great. A goalscoring midfielder is absolutely what we need. And he's more than talented enough to do for us what Lingard has done for West Ham.

I'd normally agree, but the experience of Barkley most recently has reminded how easily it can go wrong.

At least with Barkley we can send him back.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #334 on: April 13, 2021, 03:51:11 PM »

I'd normally agree, but the experience of Barkley most recently has reminded how easily it can go wrong.

I don't know there is a right answer or formula but for every Barkley/Drinkwater (which was a desperate punt) we have benefitted from Tammy, Mings, AEG. I don't want to tie our approach to the possibility or fear of failure.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #335 on: April 13, 2021, 03:58:59 PM »

I don't know there is a right answer or formula but for every Barkley/Drinkwater (which was a desperate punt) we have benefitted from Tammy, Mings, AEG. I don't want to tie our approach to the possibility or fear of failure.

Tammy was still learning his trade and improving, Mings wanted to prove himself after a long time out injured, AEG was still young enough to be given time with room to improve.

For both Barkley and Ali it would feel like a step back at that point in their career (it's not obviously, fucking Chelsea and Spurs, pah)

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #336 on: April 13, 2021, 04:27:31 PM »
Think Mourinho will be potted in the summer so Ali will prob reason he'll see more game time under a new boss.

Talk is it would be too expensive to get rid of Mourinho.

Would he take Onomah as a makeweight?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #337 on: April 13, 2021, 04:38:14 PM »
Hahaha!

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #338 on: April 13, 2021, 07:36:19 PM »
Alli's ceiling could potentially be far greater than Barkleys and it would undoubtably be seen as a coup for us. My issue with him is when things aren't going his way, I feel it would be too similar to what we have now with Barkley. Mourinho outing him as a lazy bastard on that Amazon Prime documantary watched by millions of people is a worry.

I think amazon have so much footage they can manipulate the hours and hours of recordings to any narrative.  I think that narrative is controlled by the club.  Simple examples are that Rose was made to look a dick (no longer has a squad number) and the fact mourinho was causght training players during lockdown were air brushed from the show.

My point being that Deli was set up to look lazy for whatever reason, maybe so he saw the show and bucked his ideas up or maybe because mourihno does not fancy him as a player. 

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #339 on: April 13, 2021, 07:50:55 PM »
Alli's ceiling could potentially be far greater than Barkleys and it would undoubtably be seen as a coup for us. My issue with him is when things aren't going his way, I feel it would be too similar to what we have now with Barkley. Mourinho outing him as a lazy bastard on that Amazon Prime documantary watched by millions of people is a worry.

I think amazon have so much footage they can manipulate the hours and hours of recordings to any narrative.  I think that narrative is controlled by the club.  Simple examples are that Rose was made to look a dick (no longer has a squad number) and the fact mourinho was causght training players during lockdown were air brushed from the show.

My point being that Deli was set up to look lazy for whatever reason, maybe so he saw the show and bucked his ideas up or maybe because mourihno does not fancy him as a player. 

This is a fair point. I even found myself quite liking Mourinho as a bloke at one point which can't possibly be the case in real life.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #340 on: April 13, 2021, 08:37:03 PM »
Why would Spurs want the narrative to be that Alli is lazy? The risk that his market value would drop rapidly must surely outweigh the probability of it giving him the kick up the arse.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 09:19:52 PM by LukeJames »

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #341 on: April 13, 2021, 09:16:48 PM »
The Amazon guys probably rang-up Levy saying they had sifted through hundreds of hours of footage and the most exciting thing they had was Harry Kane fist-bumping Mourinho (don't be mucky). So to justify the Bezos bucks, they likely had to orchestrate some drama, however contrived.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #342 on: April 13, 2021, 09:35:50 PM »
Alli Villa- has a bit of a ring to it!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #343 on: April 14, 2021, 08:10:36 AM »
I’d be in two minds about Alli. At his best he’s an excellent player, but it would be taking another gamble on a player who used to be good, and hoping they get back to what they’re capable of. It didn’t work with Drinkwater and it hasn’t worked with Barkley. It’s not to say it won’t with Alli, but now that FFP looks like it might not be such a problem, let’s go out and spend big on players who are at the top of their game.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #344 on: April 14, 2021, 08:53:39 AM »
Issue with Dele is he is *allegedly a grade A Kn*b.
Poor trainer, attitude.  Let's also not forget the clip of him and Ross pissed up being billy big boll*cks in the Mayfair hotel 

His hunger is definitely questionable and just feel we've had enough of those *types

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal