collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 08:32:13 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 08:31:53 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109202 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #360 on: April 14, 2021, 01:27:03 PM »
Yes to Alli from me but he has to promise never to get injured.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #361 on: April 14, 2021, 01:29:55 PM »
Yes to Alli from me but he has to promise never to get injured.

Try before we buy only would be my choice.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #362 on: April 14, 2021, 01:44:46 PM »
This is going to be a very interesting summer I reckon...

For the first time in ages, we know well in advance what league we will be in next season
FFP shackles either partially or fully removed
With a decent squad now assembled the focus can be on quality not quantity
Reputation (in the eyes of prospective signings) somewhat restored with no relegation battle, players in England squad and some eye catching results early in the season
Promising youth team players either being promoted or going out on loan
Grealish - will he make the Euros? Will we receive any massive bids from so called 'giants'? Will marquee signings of our own influence his decision? (If there is a bid)

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #363 on: April 14, 2021, 01:47:49 PM »
‘Alli at Villa, Alli at Villa.’

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #364 on: April 14, 2021, 02:22:47 PM »
On the striker front, I really hope we're in for Edouard at Celtic, a proper centre forward, £20m should do it even though he's in the last year of his contract. PSV's Donyell Malen is also going to be in high demand but he'll probably be around £40m. He looks really special, has a bit of everything.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #365 on: April 14, 2021, 03:32:50 PM »
I bet there would have been a resounding no on Lingard if we had been linked to him in January

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #366 on: April 14, 2021, 04:21:07 PM »
I bet there would have been a resounding no on Lingard if we had been linked to him in January

Yeah but we all know that if we signed him he would turn back into Jesse Lingard again

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #367 on: April 14, 2021, 04:22:07 PM »
The votes from Mexico are in. Dele Alli, sin puntos.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #368 on: April 14, 2021, 04:39:11 PM »

Yes there was when I touted him

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #369 on: April 14, 2021, 04:45:31 PM »
Alli is a seriously talented player and has shown quality over a consistent period in the past. I’m more than willing to suspect it’s the normal Mourinho scapegoating.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #370 on: April 14, 2021, 04:50:03 PM »

Yes there was when I touted him

This is true. I can't remember whether I poured scorn on the idea with actual words typed here, but I certainly thought that it was a terrible idea. You were right, Footy, and I was wrong.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #371 on: April 14, 2021, 04:57:07 PM »
Dele is big footballing mate of Jack's.
He too likes to enjoy himself off field
Barkley was signed with Grealish influence.
All talented but adding Dele to this club with the off field behaviour would not be wise
I don't think more party boys would be helpful right now to Jack and would only be pandering to keep him happy to have more of his mates around. And I can see both Ross and Dele being signed on Grealish say so given Jack stature. I guess if they all perform on the pitch then fantastic however they have to start being ultimate professionals I rather we sign players from Dortmund , Ajax, Porto, Benfica AC Milan who are top quality and want to challenge themselves in England

Brendan Rodgers had it right when he spoke fairly but with respect publically on the 5 at Leicester who let the team down and had a fun party time during this covid missing West ham match .
I would have preferred if Deano did similar to Jack and Ross when they party in London for Barkley Birthday rather than the "rules are confusing line" he came out with.

It's just how I see it. Having been afforded some semi pro opportunities and certain values I've always had a grievance with unfilled talents. Or those who take liberties of their pro status off field when they can be anything they want to be on the pitch and are super footballers don't want to see career wasted

« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 04:59:14 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #372 on: April 14, 2021, 04:58:35 PM »
Dušan Vlahović would be my choice for a new CF. I do think he will develop into a fine striker. I have watched him in a few international and Serie A games. He looks very strong

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #373 on: April 14, 2021, 05:00:24 PM »
Dele is big footballing mate of Jack's.
He too likes to enjoy himself off field
Barkley was signed with Grealish influence.
All talented but adding Dele to this club with the off field behaviour would not be wise
I don't think more party boys would be helpful right now to Jack and would only be pandering to keep him happy to have more of his mates around. And I can see both Ross and Dele being signed on Grealish say so given Jack stature. I guess if they all perform on the pitch then fantastic however they have to start being ultimate professionals I rather we sign players from Dortmund , Ajax, Porto, Benfica AC Milan who are top quality and want to challenge themselves in England

Brendan Rodgers had it right when he spoke fairly but with respect publically on the 5 at Leicester who let the team down and had a fun party time during this covid missing West ham match .
I would have preferred if Deano did similar to Jack and Ross when they party in London for Barkley Birthday rather than the "rules are confusing line" he came out with.

It's just how I see it. Having been afforded some semi pro opportunities and certain values I've always had a grievance with unfilled talents. Or those who take liberties of their pro status off field when they can be anything they want to be on the pitch and are super footballers don't want to see career wasted

I would agree with this. We don't need the party boys. We already have Jack who is prone to straying from the path.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #374 on: April 14, 2021, 05:18:10 PM »

Yeah but we all know that if we signed him he would turn back into Jesse Lingard again

That's the risk. He went to an environment that very quickly he adapted to and allowed him to play to his strengths. He is looking twice the player any one of us believed him to be. But he could have gone elsewhere, including us and struggled because the team wasn't confident, manager played a certain style, or like us, within ourselves once Jack disappeared.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal