collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109368 times)

Offline Villan82

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2021, 02:00:33 PM »
Engels looks so good at the start of that season. I wonder what happened

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2021, 02:49:10 PM »
Confidence and I think other teams worked him out a bit.

Offline Zia of Rivia

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2021, 03:28:09 PM »
It’s amazing.  Me and a mate were cycling through Central America and a combination of my bike being fooked, a volcano and the World Cup about to start meant we ended up in the historical capital of Antigua....  I stayed two years.

This is fantastic! The midwife who brought me into this world was from Antigua, and when I was in my early twenties I travelled out there to visit her. Fascinating place, lovely lady, bless her.

Yep, I've just spent a few weeks with someone from Antigua as a neighbour (he's the nicest man I've ever met), and Mrs SE went there 10 years ago and has put it next on our list.

I think you'd love it, mate! Enjoy!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2021, 07:42:50 PM »
Would keep an eye on what Real Madrid do.

If they get Haaland would mean at least one of Jovic, Vinicius Jr or Rodrygo are potentially available on loan.

Jovic back scoring at Frankfurt and they're in very good shape to make top 4 in Bundesliga so he'll probably go back there full time but the other two have been in Brazil squads with Doug and perhaps even Wesley so you never know as Madrid loaned Odegaard out when he was regular start of the season.

I'd also look at someone like Daniel James from Man. United. Fits the profile of what we're looking at and while he's raw in many respects he is very quick and chips in with goals so would be interesting option for the right.

Certainly feels a summer where we really need to step things up and get in genuine quality in final third. The back up squad cover can be for the backline.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2021, 07:56:03 PM »
I don't think we'd have employed Lange, given his CV, or the new recruitment lad if we were then just going to loan players from Real Madrid. Steve Bruce could even tell you the names of a few Real Madrid players!

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2021, 07:58:28 PM »
I think Daniel James would have been good if it had been straight from Swansea. Seen it all too often where a player at one of the privileged clubs drags their feet over a transfer or feels like they're doing us a favour just by joining us.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2021, 08:13:28 PM »
I don't think we'd have employed Lange, given his CV, or the new recruitment lad if we were then just going to loan players from Real Madrid. Steve Bruce could even tell you the names of a few Real Madrid players!

We can continue to sign up and comers aswell but last few weeks have shown we desperately need some more personality and quality in the front line so wouldn't say a 20 year old who's already played 73 games for Real Madrid would get overawed in games we play without Grealish.

Eventually we will have to start signing more proven players from the very top level in football as quite simply that's what Man. City and Chelsea started doing soon after taking over and both started winning stuff within 2-3 years.

Would be fine with Giroud or Tammy though if the Aguero to Chelsea rumour is true though.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2021, 08:16:15 PM »
Chelsea and Man City scattered hundreds of millions everywhere until something stuck. Hugely inefficient. Can't see us doing that.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2021, 08:41:00 PM »
Well Aguero is reportedly wanting to stay in PL. How about showing the world the Villa mean business, the “Jack must go to a big club” talk is a load of b#####ks, the value of him at the training ground with Ollie and the young players coming through. Signing him would really show the owners intent.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2021, 09:41:31 PM »
From my limited experience here in south-west Mexico, if you go by the matches shown in bars and the punters' reactions to the games they take a passing interest in the CL, with a preference for Barcelona. I haven't seen any PL being shown. You see the odd Real Madrid shirt walking around. Lots more Boca shirts though. I think it's more baseball country round here though.

South West Mexico? You round Oaxaca way? Really nice part of the world.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2021, 09:41:01 AM »
From my limited experience here in south-west Mexico, if you go by the matches shown in bars and the punters' reactions to the games they take a passing interest in the CL, with a preference for Barcelona. I haven't seen any PL being shown. You see the odd Real Madrid shirt walking around. Lots more Boca shirts though. I think it's more baseball country round here though.

Oaxaca and San Cristobal (Chiapas generally are great places).

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2021, 09:55:38 AM »

The very same. Spent most of our time in Oaxaca City so far, which is wonderful. We came to the coast over Christmas and New Year (San Augustinillo/Mazunte), which was also wonderful. Came back to the coast the other day (Puerto Escondido), which is yet to win me over.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2021, 10:47:46 AM »

‘The boy Zidanes a t’rrific talent and wor delighted to have him.’

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2021, 11:45:22 AM »
Someone on the BBC live online text feed of the game yesterday said Smith's comments on expected transfer activity in the summer coming were alarming.

Does anyone know what comments were being referred to ?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2021, 11:51:25 AM »
Someone on the BBC live online text feed of the game yesterday said Smith's comments on expected transfer activity in the summer coming were alarming.

Does anyone know what comments were being referred to ?

The only thing I recall was Smith saying that he had two sporting directors who did a lot of the work, and while he had his input with them, they made his life as a football manager much easier.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal