collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 11:16:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109667 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2021, 01:14:09 AM »
You and your mate were just biking your way round the Americas. Are you sure you're not Che Guevara?

I will add it to my list of places to visit if I ever get any money. 🙂

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2021, 02:23:04 AM »
I think we have good first choices at RB, LB, CF, CB x2, GK, but apart from Keeper we need better backup options to cover for injury and loss of form.  I think first choice upgrades are needed on both wings because Trez isn't PL standard, AEG has one good game in 5 and Traore often goes from the sublime to the ridiculous in the same movement.   As for midfield, maybe a bit of a big unit to dominate it and provide competition for Luiz, SJM, and Sanson.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2021, 03:07:47 AM »
From my limited experience here in south-west Mexico, if you go by the matches shown in bars and the punters' reactions to the games they take a passing interest in the CL, with a preference for Barcelona. I haven't seen any PL being shown. You see the odd Real Madrid shirt walking around. Lots more Boca shirts though. I think it's more baseball country round here though.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2021, 03:37:25 AM »
Why are all your posts confrontational?

Chelsea are the fifth best supported club in America already according to research. You'd have to be a complete clown not to think having the pre-eminent American player might boost that standing.

Even if it doesn't, there are hundreds of millions of dollars to be made even from being one of the better supported teams over there, so don't expect them to let a potential US superstar leave.

https://www.giltedgesoccer.com/most-popular-soccer-clubs-in-the-u-s/

Bunch of glory hunters  ;).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 03:40:31 AM by JD »

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2021, 06:47:27 AM »
Abraham would make total sense. As would Tuanzebe.

Might as well get Glenn Whelan, Alan Hutton and a few others back 😂

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2021, 06:48:51 AM »
Teams need to spend £50 mil to stand still.
Therefore we need to spend £100mil correctly, like we did last summer.

Keep upgrading 4-5 players each season in the squad and we’ll keep making progress.

Offline Zia of Rivia

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2021, 07:06:56 AM »
It’s amazing.  Me and a mate were cycling through Central America and a combination of my bike being fooked, a volcano and the World Cup about to start meant we ended up in the historical capital of Antigua....  I stayed two years.

This is fantastic! The midwife who brought me into this world was from Antigua, and when I was in my early twenties I travelled out there to visit her. Fascinating place, lovely lady, bless her.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2021, 07:45:52 AM »
It’s amazing.  Me and a mate were cycling through Central America and a combination of my bike being fooked, a volcano and the World Cup about to start meant we ended up in the historical capital of Antigua....  I stayed two years.

This is fantastic! The midwife who brought me into this world was from Antigua, and when I was in my early twenties I travelled out there to visit her. Fascinating place, lovely lady, bless her.

Yep, I've just spent a few weeks with someone from Antigua as a neighbour (he's the nicest man I've ever met), and Mrs SE went there 10 years ago and has put it next on our list.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2021, 08:08:47 AM »
Swaris has made another £3bn, FFP is going out the window. We'll spend £100m easy.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2021, 08:09:16 AM »
I didn’t anticipate my suggestion of Pulisic causing quite such debate. I’d go along with the theory that it’s highly unlikely.
There’s many things that we couldn’t offer him but there’s a few that would appeal such as playing every game in an up and coming team being centred around him and Jack. He’d be our Robinho signing.
See also Gio Reyna, another probably out of our reach but I feel it’s the type of player and standard that we should be after if we’re serious about competing.
Maybe the owners will continue down the development route rather than ready made but the evidence is they’re very persuasive.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2021, 08:20:55 AM »
Whilst I really loved him in the championship whenever I’ve seen him for manure he hasn’t looked great.  Plus the injuries of course.

Bring him back just for the song

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2021, 09:44:25 AM »

After the two years when you went to get your bike back did he tell you it would be ready next week. ;)*

* Very old joke, sorry.

Offline exigo

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2021, 10:23:52 AM »

Yep, I've just spent a few weeks with someone from Antigua as a neighbour (he's the nicest man I've ever met), and Mrs SE went there 10 years ago and has put it next on our list.

Stunning place. Best coffee in the world too, thanks to the volcanic foothills it's grown on there.

Offline nigel

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2021, 11:23:24 AM »
I'll be surprised if we spend less than £100 million. We are making great strides all the time and nothing about our board makes me think they'll say "mid table! That'll do!".
I doubt we’d get Abraham for less than $35m. Be great if we could get him for under $30m.

Part of me thinks this would be amazing and part of me thinks never go back. I dunno, can't decide. Not sure I fancy Watkins playing on the wing either, though he is definitely talented enough to do so.

That’s about where I am, too.
But, I do think Ollie and Tammy could play up front as a pair as they both can play along the line.
Tammy didn’t seem to play as an out and out centre forward, he frequently appeared out wide when he was with us. I don’t know how he plays at Chelsea, though

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2021, 11:33:52 AM »
Some Belgian paper saying Engels might be off to Royal Antwerp in the summer, them having tried to sign him in January.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal