collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 547030 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #1935 on: March 17, 2023, 12:24:06 PM »
When was the mooted time of completion, sometime during second part of 2024/25, was it?

Online WassallVillain

« Reply #1936 on: March 17, 2023, 12:32:22 PM »
The private sector moves a little more quickly than the pseudo-public sector though. Have the plans for the station even been submitted? Will there be anything significant there, other than better queueing system? No new platforms, and certainly no new tracks to accommodate extra post-match trains.

This will probably mean a big hold-up, as it's not even mentioned in any of the future transport plans for the region.

Even new lifts, access and space for queues is a £10m - £15m job... who is going to pay for that? Us probably!

It can’t need much more than a platform extension and access egress onto station road  throw in a footbridge over railway for foot traffic from new academy site a lick of paint for the bridge job done.

That will be £20m please.

Seems about right but should get a tunnel under railway for that. Much easier on the knees as well for us oldies.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1937 on: March 17, 2023, 12:58:46 PM »
When was the mooted time of completion, sometime during second part of 2024/25, was it?

The start of the 25/26 season is more realistic. It's at least an 18-month build - let alone the demolition of the existing stand. It's not likely to start until late 2023...

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1938 on: March 17, 2023, 01:07:40 PM »
Our beloved local paper now reporting that work will only start on the new North Stand when plans for an upgraded Witton station have been approved, and as nothing seems to have been discussed yet, that's surely going to set it back by quite a while?

I'm surprised word has gotten as far as the Rutland Enquirer

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1939 on: March 17, 2023, 01:11:57 PM »
Our beloved local paper now reporting that work will only start on the new North Stand when plans for an upgraded Witton station have been approved, and as nothing seems to have been discussed yet, that's surely going to set it back by quite a while?

*Paging BE*

Online LeeB

« Reply #1940 on: March 17, 2023, 04:50:05 PM »

*Paging BE*

It's not my fault, I'm a victim of American cultural imperialism.

Anyway, was talking with the Cov fan at work about the crowds/waiting list and now mad it is compared to when I started going, so I dug up an average attendance table from 86/87 and our average this season would put us top of it.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1941 on: March 17, 2023, 05:09:33 PM »
There's a two/three minute video on Pravda today about the sod-turning/continued construction works at Brookvale Academy. Looks like the press were there along with Andy Street. JJ rep'd the Villa mens squad.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1942 on: March 17, 2023, 06:03:16 PM »

*Paging BE*

It's not my fault, I'm a victim of American cultural imperialism.

Anyway, was talking with the Cov fan at work about the crowds/waiting list and now mad it is compared to when I started going, so I dug up an average attendance table from 86/87 and our average this season would put us top of it.

Ever since you built your Caravan Empire you have forgotten your roots.  I bet you are BUPA'd up now and evict peasant tenants with four hungry children and a crop in the field.

Heartless.

Offline Jean Quereue-Quereue

• GM : 18.02.2016
« Reply #1943 on: March 17, 2023, 08:25:48 PM »
A planning application has gone in for a 180 capacity terrace on the Upper Holte.  There's seating and a bit of a canopy planned.  Application number 2023/01507/PA

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1944 on: March 17, 2023, 08:58:56 PM »
A planning application has gone in for a 180 capacity terrace on the Upper Holte.  There's seating and a bit of a canopy planned.  Application number 2023/01507/PA

They should build a roof garden on top of The Holte with gourmet restaurants affording a panoramic view of Spaghetti Junction.  That would rule.

Padded swivel seats obvs. Heliccopter landing pending.

Online LeeB

« Reply #1945 on: March 17, 2023, 09:03:10 PM »

They should build a roof garden on top of The Holte with gourmet restaurants affording a panoramic view of Spaghetti Junction.  That would rule.

A roller coaster also, maybe the Stevie G-Force ride which starts off pleasant enough but then goes downhill really fast

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1946 on: March 17, 2023, 09:07:53 PM »

A roller coaster also, maybe the Steven G-Force ride which starts off pleasant enough but then goes downhill really fast

See, now you're talking.

Blue sky thinking. Tony Xia's smart cities was boxed in talk.

We should reach for the stars.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1947 on: March 17, 2023, 09:12:21 PM »
I propose the instillation of two large nets, one outside the Holte, one at New St, and two extra-large trebuchets (10 people per, er, journey) in the same locations. We wouldn't have to bother with all this expansion of Witton station nonsense. We can just crack on.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1948 on: March 17, 2023, 09:22:38 PM »
I propose the instillation of two large nets, one outside the Holte, one at New St, and two extra-large trebuchets (10 people per, er, journey) in the same locations. We wouldn't have to bother with all this expansion of Witton station nonsense. We can just crack on.

See, that's a vision thing coming slaminng thru. Trebuchets, in particular, are an exquisite touch.

Never mind about the River Tame flooding the gaffe, we will build castles in the air.

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #1949 on: March 18, 2023, 12:21:27 PM »
No doubt it has been posted before, and I probably watched the original on ATV today. But interesting nonetheless.

https://www.macearchive.org/films/atv-today-04081972-interview-doug-ellis-aston-villa-chairman

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal