collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 528339 times)

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #1485 on: September 22, 2022, 11:37:21 PM »
Chance for supporters to show their support for the redevelopment by signing this open letter.

Link

Agree with the sentiment. But I am loath to sign a document with so many missing apostrophes and misplaced commas. Sorry, usurping Bad English's province.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #1486 on: October 02, 2022, 01:34:16 PM »
I see the club was turning away pre booked stadium tours today to host a football match between MP’s and the press.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1487 on: October 02, 2022, 02:05:26 PM »
The Villa Live idea intrigues me. I live in London and off the top of my head there’s been big gigs at spurs stadium and artic monkeys next year at Arsenal.

Birmingham should also be on this merry go round of stadium gigs and villa park is the only logical location. Beers before at villa live then a north stand that enhances a stadium concert could bring in a fair chunk of money for the club.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1488 on: October 02, 2022, 02:16:28 PM »
Re the Arctic Monkeys stadium tour next summer, Birmingham is conspicuous by its absence. Coventry seems to be the midland offering. Imagine Manchester being overlooked for Leeds though, it just wouldn't happen.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1489 on: October 02, 2022, 02:17:36 PM »
I do wonder why the alexander stadium isnt used for these gigs.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #1490 on: October 02, 2022, 02:30:18 PM »

I mooted this post Commonwealth Games. It's more suitable than our place and there is proven model for getting people to and from the stadium via the shuttle bus. I was near there on Friday and noticed that a lot of the infrastructure is still in place but they looked like they were removing the hardcore from the area where the shuttle buses were dropping off.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1491 on: October 02, 2022, 02:55:35 PM »
Re the Arctic Monkeys stadium tour next summer, Birmingham is conspicuous by its absence. Coventry seems to be the midland offering. Imagine Manchester being overlooked for Leeds though, it just wouldn't happen.

Won’t they be rebuilding the North Stand next summer?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1492 on: October 02, 2022, 03:05:37 PM »
The Villa Live idea intrigues me. I live in London and off the top of my head there’s been big gigs at spurs stadium and artic monkeys next year at Arsenal.

Birmingham should also be on this merry go round of stadium gigs and villa park is the only logical location. Beers before at villa live then a north stand that enhances a stadium concert could bring in a fair chunk of money for the club.

It's never really been a stadium venue in the same way that somewhere like the Ricoh was built as a multi-purpose arena. I also get the impression that gigs are often more trouble than they're worth.

Online eamonn

« Reply #1493 on: October 02, 2022, 03:12:38 PM »

I just mean Brum being overlooked generally which seems to happen a lot as we know. If an international act is on tour in the UK, London and Manchester tend to get first dibs (south and north "fashionable places") while Birmingham, being in the middle and "unfashionable" often gets left-out. And I've seen that happen when an act is doing 6-8 dates across the UK too.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #1494 on: October 02, 2022, 03:15:14 PM »

I just mean Brum being overlooked generally which seems to happen a lot as we know. If an international act is on tour in the UK, London and Manchester tend to get first dibs (south and north "fashionable places") while Birmingham, being in the middle and "unfashionable" often gets left-out. And I've seen that happen when an act is doing 6-8 dates across the UK too.
Recently with Fleet Foxes. Even after messaging Robin Pecknold about it.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1495 on: October 02, 2022, 05:34:19 PM »

I mooted this post Commonwealth Games. It's more suitable than our place and there is proven model for getting people to and from the stadium via the shuttle bus. I was near there on Friday and noticed that a lot of the infrastructure is still in place but they looked like they were removing the hardcore from the area where the shuttle buses were dropping off.

It's the wrong shape. For a gig it works far better to put the stage roughly over 1 penalty area and then use 2/3rds of the stadium. With the Alex only having the stands at the sides there's no obvious place to put the stage without putting a temporary stand back up.

For Villa park I suspect hosting gigs will be pretty common once we have the new stand in place, especially when the DE is reworked to add facilities.

Online eamonn

« Reply #1496 on: October 03, 2022, 01:19:05 AM »
Yes, it's mentioned in the planning, multiple gigs a year.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1497 on: October 03, 2022, 09:06:26 AM »
Elland Road is a dump, but the space they have that could be developed if they got their arses in gear is something.

On a another note, their bus shuttle service from the station and back is quite something, and precisely what we need.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1498 on: October 03, 2022, 09:13:21 AM »
Gigs is clearly something we're moving towards, with the Foo Fighters (obviously cancelled) and Bruce the start which would put the stadium back o the map.  I guess the redev will slow it down for a bit but we'll be looking to be a major venue post redev.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1499 on: October 03, 2022, 09:43:43 AM »
Elland Road is a dump, but the space they have that could be developed if they got their arses in gear is something.

On a another note, their bus shuttle service from the station and back is quite something, and precisely what we need.

It's a weird ground, one massive quite modern stand that completely dwarfs the three shitty old ones. Like you say though, they've got loads of space around them that they could do something quite impressive with. It's a relatively easy ground to get to, and to get away from.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal