collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 528818 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #1470 on: September 08, 2022, 01:10:52 PM »
All looks very impressive. Not sure if been mentioned but I was surprised to see that on 1 labelled pictorial image, there was a site noted as future training ground !
Surely having ploughed all the cash into BMH, that’s not a consideration in the next 10 years or so ?

I assume you mean the area over the river from the station, if so I think that's going t0 be a new academy centre to replace the setup that's currently in what used to be stumps, that's being taken down to be replaced with villa live and the new car parking.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #1471 on: September 08, 2022, 01:56:48 PM »
All looks very impressive. Not sure if been mentioned but I was surprised to see that on 1 labelled pictorial image, there was a site noted as future training ground !
Surely having ploughed all the cash into BMH, that’s not a consideration in the next 10 years or so ?

I assume you mean the area over the river from the station, if so I think that's going t0 be a new academy centre to replace the setup that's currently in what used to be stumps, that's being taken down to be replaced with villa live and the new car parking.

I see what you mean and yes I’ve seen that labelled as brookvale acadamy…..the training ground was the other side, possibly a bit further away

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1472 on: September 08, 2022, 03:02:47 PM »
"Design and Access Statement Part 1" on page 2 is the document with all the good stuff.

EDIT and part 2, too

Just looking at this now. Not the bestest of starts....the old transpositional error...

Founded in 1847, Aston Villa Football Club (AVFC) have been at their current
ground at Villa Park since 1897...

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #1473 on: September 08, 2022, 04:36:01 PM »

I see what you mean and yes I’ve seen that labelled as brookvale acadamy…..the training ground was the other side, possibly a bit further away

It’s the same thing, there is an outdoor and an indoor pitch. It’s an inner-city academy so we don’t miss out on local talent who haven’t got the means to travel to Bodymoor, which is not well-served by public transport.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #1474 on: September 08, 2022, 07:34:09 PM »
Given Charles III will not be around for too long should the redeveloped plans be updated to include a Royal Box for Williams visits to home matches.

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #1475 on: September 08, 2022, 07:38:12 PM »
Given Charles III will not be around for too long should the redeveloped plans be updated to include a Royal Box for Williams visits to home matches.
Depending on his wife letting him going down the match every week or going for a walk around the park with the children,he have to put his foot down

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1476 on: September 08, 2022, 07:42:08 PM »

Definitely, Wills, John Carew, Yorkie and all the boys

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #1477 on: September 21, 2022, 05:10:22 PM »
Chance for supporters to show their support for the redevelopment by signing this open letter.

Link

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1478 on: September 22, 2022, 08:12:30 AM »

No, but I'd be happy to find room for a guillotine.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1479 on: September 22, 2022, 08:31:21 AM »

You know treason is still a hanging offence?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1480 on: September 22, 2022, 08:31:49 AM »

It isn't. .

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1481 on: September 22, 2022, 09:39:42 AM »
We should incorporate one anyway, just incase anybody's having a bad game.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1482 on: September 22, 2022, 10:25:16 AM »
We should incorporate one anyway, just incase anybody's having a bad game.

If the judgement was taken from the match threads on here, we could do our bit for the environment by significantly reduced the world's population.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1483 on: September 22, 2022, 02:53:03 PM »

It isn't. .
I am sure we they can make an exception.

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #1484 on: September 22, 2022, 11:21:13 PM »
About time too. Can't understand why it taken so long for his city to have a stadium able to hold 50000+
If the club and City want to attract and host major sporting events then good sized stadia is vital.
Get it sorted

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal