collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 11:45:03 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 530356 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #1440 on: September 07, 2022, 01:56:32 PM »
Thinking about Phase II, opening up my Leicester tickets, it's come with a slip that has a shot of the Witton and Holte.

The Trinity gets a lot of stick, but it's far more impressive in my opinion from inside the ground than what it replaced, outside there's other arguments to be had.

But looking at the slip, you really get a sense that it's the Witton Lane that's the true shambles of a stand. Such a mangled mess on that corner.

Totally agree. Trinity match experience is great - always take my 'guests' there. Every single one has been impressed with it and hence the whole ground as a result.

Witton Lane stand was out of date 20 years ago. Great view from upper tier but one you want to get in to with 5 mins to go before the match. Shite facilities and no room. Replacement needs to follow asap the North Stand is done

Yep, pretty much agree. There are some problems with the Trinity but to give some credit it's the 1 of the 3 stands where they made some effort to provide the facilities you'd expect in a modern stadium.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #1441 on: September 07, 2022, 02:01:02 PM »
I’m going to disagree on the Trinity Upper facilities, I’m a ST holder up there and it’s quite obvious to me that the facilities from both a space, catering and toilet perspective are no where near adequate for that part of the ground.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1442 on: September 07, 2022, 02:03:44 PM »
The hospitality in The Trinity is by a very wide margin, the best in the Premier League.  When I take clients they're always extremely impressed.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #1443 on: September 07, 2022, 02:10:12 PM »
Looking at the plans and the materials being considered for the new North Stand, I must say I like the look of the narrow, "slit" style windows and wonder if there's any way, for the sake of uniformity, that such windows could be installed on the Trinity Road at a future date?  Likewise the use of corten steel for doors etc.  These would be relatively quick ways of giving the Trinity a facelift and adding a bit of style and presence.  As a final flourish, a bit of coloured or stained glass in the new North Stand and Trinity would tie it all up nicely with the Holte.   Thinking very long term, we could run a competition to get local schools throughout Birmingham and the Midlands to design potential mosaics that could be used as signage on all the stands. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 03:12:23 PM by Billy Walker »

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1444 on: September 07, 2022, 02:10:31 PM »
The hospitality in The Trinity is by a very wide margin, the best in the Premier League.  When I take clients they're always extremely impressed.

And that's where the money is.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1445 on: September 07, 2022, 02:24:09 PM »

What is so good about it, out of interest?

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1446 on: September 07, 2022, 02:53:56 PM »
Looking at the plans and the materials being considered for the new North Stand, I must say I like the look of the narrow, "slit" style windows and wonder if there's any way, for the sake of uniformity, that such windows could be installed on the Trinity Road at a future date?  Likewise the use of corten steel for doors etc.  These would be relatively quick ways of giving the Trinity a facelift and adding bit of style and presence.  As a final flourish, a bit of coloured or stained glass in the new North Stand and Trinity would tie it all up nicely with the Holte.   Thinking very long term, we could run a competition to get local schools throughout Birmingham and the Midlands to design potential mosaics that could be used as signage on all the stands. 

I always think they could do something with the sheets of metal on the outside of the Trinity even if it was just pictures of Villa legends .  The metal Fascias look awful   

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1447 on: September 07, 2022, 02:56:48 PM »

I can only speak for myself but it's endless booze and food. Took the edge off the shite football for sure.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1448 on: September 07, 2022, 03:01:52 PM »

They just do it really well. A really nice vibe in all of the areas, and the service and quality of the food is amazing. And as Lee says says, as much drink as you can reasonably get down your neck. And we charge less for this than the likes of Arsenal and Spurs do for the opportunity just to buy a beer in a slightly nicer bar.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #1449 on: September 07, 2022, 03:05:32 PM »

I can only speak for myself but it's endless booze and food. Took the edge off the shite football for sure.

This. With bells on. Have only been in there a couple of times, but both myself and the people I brought (almost all non Villa) were massively impressed and complimentary about the food, drink, views, service and atmosphere.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #1450 on: September 07, 2022, 03:11:35 PM »
Looking at the plans and the materials being considered for the new North Stand, I must say I like the look of the narrow, "slit" style windows and wonder if there's any way, for the sake of uniformity, that such windows could be installed on the Trinity Road at a future date?  Likewise the use of corten steel for doors etc.  These would be relatively quick ways of giving the Trinity a facelift and adding bit of style and presence.  As a final flourish, a bit of coloured or stained glass in the new North Stand and Trinity would tie it all up nicely with the Holte.   Thinking very long term, we could run a competition to get local schools throughout Birmingham and the Midlands to design potential mosaics that could be used as signage on all the stands. 

I always think they could do something with the sheets of metal on the outside of the Trinity even if it was just pictures of Villa legends .  The metal Fascias look awful   

Yep, I agree, binning those metal fascias alone would make a huge difference.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1451 on: September 07, 2022, 03:46:20 PM »

I do wonder why they went with them
in the first place ?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1452 on: September 07, 2022, 03:57:41 PM »

in the first place ?

You wonder why Aston Villa, chairman Doug Ellis, went for the cheap option?

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1453 on: September 07, 2022, 04:01:35 PM »

in the first place ?

You wonder why Aston Villa, chairman Doug Ellis, went for the cheap option?

it really annoys me when i walk past .  Some clubs have pictures/ murals  up ,  i can’t imagine that would cost more

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #1454 on: September 07, 2022, 04:34:14 PM »
I always assumed there were actual windows behind the metal "blinds", and often wondered why the metal was always down, hiding the mirrored glass.  If their actual purpose is decoration, the mind boggles.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal