collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 551768 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #1095 on: July 15, 2022, 12:07:56 PM »
I'm really looking forward to the finished redevelopment of Villa Park and the surrounding area.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #1096 on: July 15, 2022, 12:59:19 PM »
Me too. Incredibly exciting stuff!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1097 on: July 15, 2022, 01:41:17 PM »
There's enough Springsteen elsewhere. Can we please stick to the script here?

Yes, Boss*

* see what I did there?

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1098 on: July 15, 2022, 04:46:12 PM »
Not if it's a quality bum.

I was just about to post that I'd not heard it, but then thankfully realised you hadn't put 'album'.  ;D
You've not heard Born in the USA?  Christ, you haven't lived!

Buns in the USA

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1099 on: August 07, 2022, 04:52:40 PM »
With how slickly the shuttle buses have worked from Perry Barr, do we think we’ll have the same service now they have it working?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1100 on: August 07, 2022, 08:46:24 PM »
More chance of knitting fog. Now get to the back of that mile queue for the train.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1101 on: August 08, 2022, 10:32:43 AM »
With how slickly the shuttle buses have worked from Perry Barr, do we think we’ll have the same service now they have it working?
They had hired buses in from all over to cater for 2 weeks of demand (eg I saw some from Cambridge park and ride).  I guess in that context it made financial sense.  It's probably much harder to make it stack up for 1 game every two weeks.

But I agree with the principal, until they can sort out the trains then fleets of buses would make most sense if they can find operators willing to do it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1102 on: August 08, 2022, 10:37:48 AM »
There used to always be a row of buzzes lined up between North Stand and Witton Station. As they weren't WM Travel they weren't obliged to stick to the official route so could avoid traffic. You were usually in town within twenty minutes or so. More like an hour if you get the WM ones.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1103 on: August 08, 2022, 10:42:05 AM »
There used to always be a row of buzzes lined up between North Stand and Witton Station. As they weren't WM Travel they weren't obliged to stick to the official route so could avoid traffic. You were usually in town within twenty minutes or so. More like an hour if you get the WM ones.

There's enough operators in the second largest conurbation in the UK to make it happen, you would think. Is Den Caney still going? God, they were willing to drag 50 or so of us taking various substances to random places like Stafford and Coalville
for clubs in the 90's, they'd lap this up surely?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1104 on: August 08, 2022, 10:52:27 AM »
They had hired buses in from all over to cater for 2 weeks of demand (eg I saw some from Cambridge park and ride).  I guess in that context it made financial sense.  It's probably much harder to make it stack up for 1 game every two weeks.

But I agree with the principal, until they can sort out the trains then fleets of buses would make most sense if they can find operators willing to do it.
Yes the shuttle service from AXS was superb but having a stadium in the middle of a park with lots of space to kettle and corral spectatores into queues  where you kept walking till you were on a bus helped. That's not possible at Villa park but my mind harks back to when I was a school boy and loads of busses  were bringing fans in  from Dale End to Church road and then return. Why can't we have that back? 

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1105 on: August 08, 2022, 10:53:54 AM »
I'm sure with a bit of thought and planning it could be done. A few to Sutton/Erdington and a load into town. Maybe the police could stop the traffic too for 5 mins to let them out.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1106 on: August 08, 2022, 01:02:38 PM »

I'd gone on a Stagecoach one that had the Kilmarnock to Ardrossen bus route marked out on the back.

Online dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1107 on: August 08, 2022, 01:36:13 PM »
I was at both athletics sessions yesterday and went into Brum in between. I walked to Perry Barr train station but the queue and wait were too long!!, so I caught a regular bus into town. I used the Comm Games bus back to the Alexander Stadium and the whole operation was very slick. PS: Great sporting day out after the nightmare of being at the Bournemouth game on Sat.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #1108 on: August 08, 2022, 01:48:58 PM »
We need a speedy shuttle service from the Lichfield road area(plenty of space around ) that can use the bus lanes and carry people back to the city centre in 5 minutes ,a fair price would be £4 return.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1109 on: August 08, 2022, 01:51:02 PM »
We need a speedy shuttle service from the Lichfield road area(plenty of space around ) that can use the bus lanes and carry people back to the city centre in 5 minutes ,a fair price would be £4 return.
Four fucking quid???? - you serious??!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal