collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Dante Lavelli
[Today at 09:45:57 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 09:42:19 AM]

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 529588 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #900 on: June 28, 2022, 06:33:03 PM »
I go everywhere and find my trip to Villa Park no more or less complicated than anywhere else.

From the north west its 1:40 minutes drive, I park for free and walk for 25 minutes.

Getting back to New Street on public transport is something else.  I now tend to get a train to Lichfield TV rather than to NS.

Online FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #901 on: June 28, 2022, 06:44:41 PM »
I also hope the colouring of the stand indicates brickwork rather than brown cladding.

They’ll be using the Brown wrinkly tin that covered the Holte that Doug got on the cheap. That wasn’t in use too long so
 should be okay.

dont forget the red stripe

Well done, a Ron Atkinson "Spotters Badge" © for that distant memory !

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #902 on: June 28, 2022, 06:50:11 PM »
I will be interested  to see if and when they can improve the facilities in The Doug Ellis Stand .  It desperately needs some more space and upgrading 
It struck me that it will soon be the oldest (and most poorly equipped) stand at VP.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #903 on: June 28, 2022, 06:51:29 PM »
I also hope the colouring of the stand indicates brickwork rather than brown cladding.

They’ll be using the Brown wrinkly tin that covered the Holte that Doug got on the cheap. That wasn’t in use too long so
 should be okay.

Brown and red metal  , this must have been end of line sale and Doug couldn’t resist 😃

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #904 on: June 28, 2022, 06:53:29 PM »
Early plans I know, but if you look at the image showing the cross section of the new stand, lookimg beyond at the Trinity, it appears the 3rd tier has been extended forwards slightly in one part. You can also see a new upper corner bit which I presume will be a big exit point into new concourse.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #905 on: June 28, 2022, 07:06:43 PM »
There better be a bloody Cheese Room. Take that Spurs!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #906 on: June 28, 2022, 08:18:41 PM »
Early plans I know, but if you look at the image showing the cross section of the new stand, lookimg beyond at the Trinity, it appears the 3rd tier has been extended forwards slightly in one part. You can also see a new upper corner bit which I presume will be a big exit point into new concourse.

The drawings on the stands will have next to no real relevance, they're just about massing and where the buildings will be, rather than what they look like at this stage.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #907 on: June 28, 2022, 08:42:55 PM »
The first band to play ‘Villa Live’ had better be African Car Reverser

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #908 on: June 28, 2022, 08:56:22 PM »
Those pictures look like a kid’s O’Level project.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #909 on: June 28, 2022, 09:08:59 PM »

should be okay.

Brown and red metal  , this must have been end of line sale and Doug couldn’t resist 😃

Wasn’t Aston Manor Brewery (owned by HDE) also cladded in identical fashion at the same time?

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #910 on: June 28, 2022, 09:15:13 PM »
Don't know if we all spotted it but there's a link to a PDF with more info on that consultation page on the OS.

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/gc-media-assets.gc.avfcservices.co.uk/97a507a0-f659-11ec-9759-6b0e8dfd2e65.pdf

Shows the new North Stand wrapped into the Trinity.

I think I put together less shoddy documents than that for my GCSE geography coursework.

Yes, I was expecting a bit more tbh. However as PW pointed out, it's good to see the 4 separate stands explicitly mentioned (as a nod to our heritage) and that today's images won't bear much resemblance to what will be built.

I've no real experience of Boxparks so will defer to others' opinions on them. I would like it as far away from the stand as feasible and preferably in red brick (like the stand itself) rather than the black and white cladding I saw at Wembley. I'd also call it 'Aston Live' so it feels more a venue for the local community as well.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #911 on: June 28, 2022, 09:22:07 PM »
I really like the idea of the Boxpark style venue. I always take my lad to Mordor after the game, but having somewhere that has a few food places around the corner would be much better.

Would also create a decent atmosphere ahead of games.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #912 on: June 28, 2022, 09:25:23 PM »
Early days obviously, but although there is reference to transport issues in the consultation, there isn't much in what's been published to give clear indication as to how they may be resolved, and in particular the connectivity between VP and the city centre after a game.

If they're doing the pre-app now, I suspect a lot of that is still to be bottomed out through the transport assessment they'll have to do alongside the actual planning application. Then will come down to whether Villa themselves have to do anything (likely limited to public realm and minor junction improvements) or anything of a bigger scale through Section 106 funding which will be delivered by the local authorities.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #913 on: June 28, 2022, 09:33:06 PM »
Those pictures look like a kid’s O’Level project.

Harsh. It's fuzzy and friendly looking.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #914 on: June 28, 2022, 09:33:39 PM »
My favourite thing about that PDF is page 10 which completely removes Witton Lane being rebuilt and renamed from the timeline.

Spotted that!

Isn't that...bad? ie an admission that it will take years more

You misunderstand. They do a timeline of the ground's history: Holte rebuilt in 1994 for example. They left out the rebuild and renaming of the Witton Lane Stand in 1993!

Gotcha, ta!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal