collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 531119 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #855 on: June 28, 2022, 11:48:06 AM »
I'll be honest, whilst it is exciting to see the evolution of Villa Park, I do worry about how we compete commercially with other PL clubs.  I feel the, location unfortunately will indefinitely impact on that, unless there is significant investment in the area (I can't see that happening any time soon). Having the stadium near to the city centre or Jewellery Quarter for example would allow continual access to a significant portion of the city's population who could use the facilities more frequently (e.g. bars, gym, cinema/entertainment venues, conference/training facilities).  I know that this is offset buy a significant investment (i.e. TH Stadium was £1bn!!!) but I just cant see us catching up with commercial revenue unless there is a real significant change/investment in the local area and infrastructure which I cannot see happening.

Eitehrway, I'm excited to finally see so news on the new North Stand replacement as its been a long time overdue.
Have you seen where WHL is located or Anfield or the Tax Payer stadium. There are not many grounds that are located in a city centre.

The new WHL was largely justified by the anticipated income from NFL games.  As the second city could Villa jump on that bandwagon?   
I’m sure the demand would be there but we’d look pretty stupid if we did the development and a franchise permanently (and exclusively) moved to WHL.

I think you'd need to hold at least 60,000, and have massive dressing rooms (NFL teams can have around 80 players/officials and there are loads of match officials, too). Not impossible but expensive.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #856 on: June 28, 2022, 11:50:16 AM »
I can see a bloke in a jester hat, they need to cut that shit out immediately.
The jester hats were the first thing that caught my eye, maybe some kind of inner fear from childhood. Also, good luck to anyone trying to get one of those plywood flags into the ground!

As I always approach from Lichfield Rd it’s a long time since I was round by the Witton End  - and my only vague recollection of using Witton Station is of entering by the bridge just down from the island. Is that drawing suggesting entrance/exit closer to the ground (left of station on the picture) and if so is that already the case or something new in the plans?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #857 on: June 28, 2022, 11:55:14 AM »
More likely Witton Lane Lower if it ever gets rebuilt, as the rule is you can only have safe standing if it is also available to away fans.
I think away fans can stand safely in the coach park.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #858 on: June 28, 2022, 12:07:08 PM »
I can see a bloke in a jester hat, they need to cut that shit out immediately.
Also, good luck to anyone trying to get one of those plywood flags into the ground!

&t=188s

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #859 on: June 28, 2022, 12:25:59 PM »
He said we’re filling the corners in then
Only with trinity initially is how I’ve read it….. no mention of DE stand in initial phase ? Plus players tunnel moved in corner or trinity/ north so won’t be completely filled in

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #860 on: June 28, 2022, 12:30:49 PM »
I'll be honest, whilst it is exciting to see the evolution of Villa Park, I do worry about how we compete commercially with other PL clubs.  I feel the, location unfortunately will indefinitely impact on that, unless there is significant investment in the area (I can't see that happening any time soon). Having the stadium near to the city centre or Jewellery Quarter for example would allow continual access to a significant portion of the city's population who could use the facilities more frequently (e.g. bars, gym, cinema/entertainment venues, conference/training facilities).  I know that this is offset buy a significant investment (i.e. TH Stadium was £1bn!!!) but I just cant see us catching up with commercial revenue unless there is a real significant change/investment in the local area and infrastructure which I cannot see happening.

Eitehrway, I'm excited to finally see so news on the new North Stand replacement as its been a long time overdue.
Have you seen where WHL is located or Anfield or the Tax Payer stadium. There are not many grounds that are located in a city centre.

The new WHL was largely justified by the anticipated income from NFL games.  As the second city could Villa jump on that bandwagon?   
I’m sure the demand would be there but we’d look pretty stupid if we did the development and a franchise permanently (and exclusively) moved to WHL.

The new Spurs stadium was purpose built for American Football in conjunction with the NFL. If a team does move full time to London (or an expansion team is awarded), that's where the games will be.

As great as the Spurs stadium is, no way should Villa be building a NFL spec stadium

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #861 on: June 28, 2022, 12:38:29 PM »

I'd be more than happy for to see NSWE along with any other interested parties build a super duper 80,000 arena near New Street and have it available for Grid Iron, U2 concerts, Russell Howard gigs and all those other fun fun things.   Maybe the odd Villa game too, at a push. When we play the plastics. Prevent them fouling up the true home of football.

But Villa Park should be reserved for football and football only.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #862 on: June 28, 2022, 12:45:13 PM »

I'd be more than happy for to see NSWE along with any other interested parties build a super duper 80,000 arena near New Street and have it available for Grid Iron, U2 concerts, Russell Howard gigs and all those other fun fun things.   Maybe the odd Villa game too, at a push. When we play the plastics. Prevent them fouling up the true home of football.

But Villa Park should be reserved for football and football only.

But you want Villa to compete on the pitch with clubs who benefit from these additional revenue streams right?

There's a big difference between stadium sharing with, say, an NFL team and hosting major events like gigs - which we should absolutely be looking to do.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #863 on: June 28, 2022, 12:55:18 PM »
Nobody was suggesting we share with an NFL team. If there is a London/England/UK team, they will almost certainly share with Tottenham. Hosting the odd game might be feasible, though. Wouldn't be averse to hosting rugby league/union finals/World Cup games,  boxing matches, the wrestling or adding to the number of concerts we host, either.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #864 on: June 28, 2022, 01:04:42 PM »
Getting more events staged at Villa Park is surely one of the considerations - more concerts, Europa League final, international matches will all give us a big revenue boost given we don't really do any of these at the moment.  The Villa Live venue will be important too - can see it being used for things like Darts and Snooker, these already take place in the exhibition hall at whatever Coventry/Wasps ground is called now.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #865 on: June 28, 2022, 01:06:10 PM »
Andy Street seems supportive so presumably the local politicians are on board.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #866 on: June 28, 2022, 01:11:37 PM »
He is a Villa fan, so that helps. UTV

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #867 on: June 28, 2022, 01:13:18 PM »

Yep Finances Fernando Torres says they’ve consulted both BCC and WMCA.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #868 on: June 28, 2022, 01:29:34 PM »

Purslow will be in his element when it comes to schmaltzing a few Counsellors and politicians

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #869 on: June 28, 2022, 01:34:03 PM »

Yep Finances Fernando Torres says they’ve consulted both BCC and WMCA.

WMCA insisted on accommodation as part of the development, to give local young men somewhere to stay, have a good meal, and do whatever they feel.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal