collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:35:05 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:35:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 11:16:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 530285 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #840 on: June 28, 2022, 10:47:30 AM »
Bollocks I filled in the survey and forgot to request a gable.

As long as you put down the monorail, heated seats and (topless) waitress service it's fine.

Edited for Brazilian Villan

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #841 on: June 28, 2022, 10:50:17 AM »
My biggest wish from this redevelopment is that someone cleans or replaces the panel top left of the Holte End stand roof as you look at it from the pitch.  It stands out like a rotten tooth.
And another thing that grinds my gears about the Holte End is that corner between the Holte and the DE. It's an ugly misshapen mess with several seats from which you can't even see the pitch.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #842 on: June 28, 2022, 10:51:30 AM »
We need to be careful we don’t fall into the mistake of creating a pastiche of the history of the ground. It wouldn’t take much to incorporate features of the grandeur of Leitch into a modern setting. From that side section of the new North stand I actually don’t think they’ve been bold enough with the Upper Tier. Pretty much agree with the public realm aspect of linking down to Witton Station and the new training complex. They should close Witton Lane on match days for a period of minimum 6 hours.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #843 on: June 28, 2022, 11:13:55 AM »
They have to do something about the traffic management on Tame road after the game - it takes forever to get away due to cars feeding in from all the side roads

As for the new stand i am sure naming rights will form part of the costing to create it

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #844 on: June 28, 2022, 11:16:46 AM »
They have to do something about the traffic management on Tame road after the game - it takes forever to get away due to cars feeding in from all the side roads

As for the new stand i am sure naming rights will form part of the costing to create it

The North Face Stand

Offline Martyn Smith

• Golden Muppet
  • GM : PCM
« Reply #845 on: June 28, 2022, 11:16:48 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61965353

It's on BBC Football today.

I did the survey and asked for escalators or lifts to the top of The Trinity. Me and the wife, both in our 50s, were utterly knackered by the time we got to our seats last time we were in the Upper TS...

Is there any word of safe standing being introduced anywhere?...

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #846 on: June 28, 2022, 11:24:03 AM »
I wonder what he meant by filling in the corners.

He mentioned the stand is too narrow - and it is, there is considerable unused space either side of it.

Does he mean by filling the gaps: a standalone stand but much wider that what is there now, OR a stand which will physically connect with the Trinity and Witton?

If it is the latter, I can't see how connecting a three tier stand on one side with a two tiered one on the other would not look like a bit of a dogs dinner.

It'd basically look like any other existing stadium refreshed and enlargened in recent times. Like, shudder, Old Trafford.

What I hope they do is something that maintains Villa Park as special - it has somehow managed to remain that way despite the Ellis years, we need to keep it that way, otherwise a trip to Villa Park will have about as much mystique and 'feeling' about it as a trip to whatever Leicester call their stadium these days.

A box park and all that other stuff is great, too, as is the expanding the corporate offering, that's all fine, but it has to be done in such a way that Villa Park remains different.
It will definitely connect with the Trinity, but as far as I can tell the seats will only wrap on the lover levels - this is from the survey and refers to a connected lower bowl.

We know from the survey that match-day atmosphere and retaining the traditions of Villa Park are very important to fans. We want the new North Stand to have a distinct identity to maintain the history of four separate stands, whilst also enhancing the views for fans out of each corner by creating a connected lower bowl.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #847 on: June 28, 2022, 11:25:42 AM »
I'll be honest, whilst it is exciting to see the evolution of Villa Park, I do worry about how we compete commercially with other PL clubs.  I feel the, location unfortunately will indefinitely impact on that, unless there is significant investment in the area (I can't see that happening any time soon). Having the stadium near to the city centre or Jewellery Quarter for example would allow continual access to a significant portion of the city's population who could use the facilities more frequently (e.g. bars, gym, cinema/entertainment venues, conference/training facilities).  I know that this is offset buy a significant investment (i.e. TH Stadium was £1bn!!!) but I just cant see us catching up with commercial revenue unless there is a real significant change/investment in the local area and infrastructure which I cannot see happening.

Eitehrway, I'm excited to finally see so news on the new North Stand replacement as its been a long time overdue. 

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #848 on: June 28, 2022, 11:27:06 AM »

I did the survey and asked for escalators or lifts to the top of The Trinity. Me and the wife, both in our 50s, were utterly knackered by the time we got to our seats last time we were in the Upper TS...

Definitely no safe standing in the new North.  I think this will be all about premium seasts and hospitality.  As and when safe standing comes it will surely be Holte lower?

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #849 on: June 28, 2022, 11:27:26 AM »
With an eventual plan to get to 60,000 ,  where would we put a further 10000?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #850 on: June 28, 2022, 11:28:30 AM »
I'll be honest, whilst it is exciting to see the evolution of Villa Park, I do worry about how we compete commercially with other PL clubs.  I feel the, location unfortunately will indefinitely impact on that, unless there is significant investment in the area (I can't see that happening any time soon). Having the stadium near to the city centre or Jewellery Quarter for example would allow continual access to a significant portion of the city's population who could use the facilities more frequently (e.g. bars, gym, cinema/entertainment venues, conference/training facilities).  I know that this is offset buy a significant investment (i.e. TH Stadium was £1bn!!!) but I just cant see us catching up with commercial revenue unless there is a real significant change/investment in the local area and infrastructure which I cannot see happening.

Eitehrway, I'm excited to finally see so news on the new North Stand replacement as its been a long time overdue.
Have you seen where WHL is located or Anfield or the Tax Payer stadium. There are not many grounds that are located in a city centre.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #851 on: June 28, 2022, 11:31:14 AM »
With an eventual plan to get to 60,000 ,  where would we put a further 10000?
I'd guess filling in the upper corners (this will be drip fed to be more acepted by fans), connecting Holte and Trinity and filling in those corners too (possibly re routing Trinity Road a bit if the current planners are more collaborative) and a new Witton stand.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #852 on: June 28, 2022, 11:33:23 AM »

As long as you put down the monorail, heated seats and (topless) waitress service it's fine.

Edited for Brazilian Villan

Nah, sometimes less is more and topless isn't necessarily sexier, claret and blue 'Hooters' style uniforms will be fine.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #853 on: June 28, 2022, 11:40:20 AM »

Have you seen where WHL is located or Anfield or the Tax Payer stadium. There are not many grounds that are located in a city centre.

The new WHL was largely justified by the anticipated income from NFL games.  As the second city could Villa jump on that bandwagon?   
I’m sure the demand would be there but we’d look pretty stupid if we did the development and a franchise permanently (and exclusively) moved to WHL.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #854 on: June 28, 2022, 11:46:38 AM »

Definitely no safe standing in the new North.  I think this will be all about premium seasts and hospitality.  As and when safe standing comes it will surely be Holte lower?

More likely Witton Lane Lower if it ever gets rebuilt, as the rule is you can only have safe standing if it is also available to away fans.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal