collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 531068 times)

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #810 on: June 28, 2022, 09:10:56 AM »
Looks very exciting.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #811 on: June 28, 2022, 09:14:03 AM »
I think it looks bloody amazing

I’m also looking forward to saying how they should have done it differently after it is built

let’s not wait 😃

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #812 on: June 28, 2022, 09:21:44 AM »
I also hope the colouring of the stand indicates brickwork rather than brown cladding.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #813 on: June 28, 2022, 09:25:15 AM »
The existing Trinity was built with the option for it to wrap around the corner, but I'm sure in the 20+ years it's been there building tech has changed.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #814 on: June 28, 2022, 09:28:51 AM »
Talking about the redevelopment of the area

I’ve been going to Villa Park for donkeys years from the spaghetti junction Side of the ground and the whole area has been redeveloped or is being redeveloped anyway
It’s a massive business Park now with big warehouses And logistics centres, It totally changed over the last 10 years

A lot of the flats and houses have been flattened and built over so The functionality of the new stadium end outside of match days will still mostly be from people travelling in

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #815 on: June 28, 2022, 09:29:56 AM »
I also hope the colouring of the stand indicates brickwork rather than brown cladding.

They’ll be using the Brown wrinkly tin that covered the Holte that Doug got on the cheap. That wasn’t in use too long so should be okay.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #816 on: June 28, 2022, 09:32:44 AM »
That’s second picture. Is that a Boxpark style venue? That would be ace but they’d need to market it well on non matchdays.

This is a very exciting update.
I think it could work well, actually.  Football equivalent of a soft play - I'd imagine it'd do well in school holidays, weekend days when we weren't at home, maybe some lighter use weekday evenings after school.  Can see it working really well, actually.

The Witton Lane plans are intriguing - particularly the lack of Witton Lane, and "Villa Way" running behind the North Stand.  Possibly the decision's been to allow partial closure of Witton Lane, in exchange for partially opening an alternative route between Station Road and Trinity Road?

In honesty, I had hoped for a proper 'statement' stand for the North Stand - something that'd have blown the old Trinity Road stand out of the water - but it looks quite bland to me.  Imagine the details could make it, though.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #817 on: June 28, 2022, 09:32:56 AM »
That’s second picture. Is that a Boxpark style venue? That would be ace but they’d need to market it well on non matchdays.

Would there be demand for a gig venue in that area of town?  A few have popped up in London (Lafayette/Omera?truman Brewery) where there’s decent street food and a small gig venue bolted on.

They mentioned it at the last FCG but gigs are way down the list of priorities.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #818 on: June 28, 2022, 09:33:15 AM »
The existing Trinity was built with the option for it to wrap around the corner, but I'm sure in the 20+ years it's been there building tech has changed.

The new trinity went up very quickly. I think it took about 7 months in total.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #819 on: June 28, 2022, 09:35:36 AM »
I like these plans a lot.

It sounds like there is a big plan to increase revenue outside of match days, and I like how they are talking about a walkway connecting Aston Hall, as that will encourage tourists visiting it to eat and drink at Villa Park.

I noticed that in the video, CP is now talking about getting approval mid-2023 and breaking ground a few months after, so that's now pushed back from starting the end of next season. But then the timelines are always in flux before you have approval.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #820 on: June 28, 2022, 09:37:42 AM »
The filling in of corners…wasn’t this an issue in the past regarding pitch aeration? They may have overcome this with the design or it’s less of an issue now given the type of surface we now use.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #821 on: June 28, 2022, 09:38:00 AM »
 Not much detail in the design images yet but what there is looks very exciting. Potentially a Box Park type of idea at the back of the North Stand which is something I was hoping for. And there seems to be a lot of emphasis on improvements to the local area which would obviously need to be done in conjunction BCC which is great to see. Improve Witton Station and do something with the area by the island which is currently an eyesore. I'm hoping the club will look at purchasing the Aston Hotel off the brewery as that is a fine building and could easily be brought back into life by the club for matchday use.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #822 on: June 28, 2022, 09:39:44 AM »

In honesty, I had hoped for a proper 'statement' stand for the North Stand - something that'd have blown the old Trinity Road stand out of the water - but it looks quite bland to me.  Imagine the details could make it, though.

All the roofs at Villa Park were brought down or up to be in line with the old North Stand. The Witton Lane when it was exactly in line with the old North Stand  and both the Holte roof (front quarter or so) and Trinity roofs were sloped down to match.

From the drawing their, this new stand totally dwarfs the Witton lane which looks tiny in that drawing.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #823 on: June 28, 2022, 09:41:46 AM »

They’ll be using the Brown wrinkly tin that covered the Holte that Doug got on the cheap. That wasn’t in use too long so
 should be okay.

dont forget the red stripe

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #824 on: June 28, 2022, 09:41:48 AM »

That Luxure brown will be all the rage in 2040
We’ve always been ahead of our time

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal