collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 529123 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #720 on: June 18, 2022, 01:44:18 PM »
Not a fan of that Brentford/Tinpot Allianz clone.

We want something huge, imposing and inkeeping with our traditions. We are something old and valuable. I don't fancy looking at a sloped roof with fugly solar panels on it for the next 50 years.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #721 on: June 18, 2022, 01:45:09 PM »
Can we not just build something huge & brilliant where we are?

I reckon we could get Villa Park up to 60k fairly comfortably. It's then "just" a case of making sure that we're not doing it on the cheap - that we're building stands that will command as big a place in the club's heart as the old Trinity Road stand did in 50/75/100 years time.

It's probably been done to death, but even if you could get around the natural constraints of having two of the stands hemmed in by roads and a row of houses, you've then got all of the existing infrastructure problems

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #722 on: June 18, 2022, 01:48:58 PM »

We want something huge, imposing and inkeeping with our traditions. We are something old and valuable. I don't fancy looking at a sloped roof with fugly solar panels on it for the next 50 years.

Is the correct answer.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #723 on: June 18, 2022, 01:58:42 PM »
I e got a feeling it might be something really snazzy in a refined and traditional manner
Not the cheapest available like the DE era

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #724 on: June 18, 2022, 03:04:01 PM »

Is the correct answer.
Have you turned into Bamber Gascoigne?

« Reply #725 on: June 18, 2022, 03:16:16 PM »
Is the correct answer.

Have you turned into Bamber Gascoigne?

I hope not, he's dead.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #726 on: June 18, 2022, 03:18:42 PM »

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #727 on: June 19, 2022, 01:22:28 PM »
Seeing this did get me thinking there's an opportunity to do something a bit more interesting with the space at that end of the ground. Slope the new North Stand roof down towards the pitch and cover it in solar panels, plenty of space in the car park to have claret and blue wind turbines – now the gas holders are disappearing, bit of a statement to replace them with sustainable energy production.
New Stade Brestois stadium linky.

That's very smart. Seeing things like that just reinforces my belief that we should knock the old thing down, and build something huge and brilliant somewhere else.

Just no, nostalgia and history have their place and Villa Park is special. Debates been had endlessly, but despite a mediocre last 25 years, its one of the things that still makes us a special club

« Reply #728 on: June 19, 2022, 02:38:02 PM »
Just no, nostalgia and history have their place and Villa Park is special. Debates been had endlessly, but despite a mediocre last 25 years, its one of the things that still makes us a special club

Is the correct answer.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #729 on: June 19, 2022, 02:46:35 PM »
Seeing this did get me thinking there's an opportunity to do something a bit more interesting with the space at that end of the ground. Slope the new North Stand roof down towards the pitch and cover it in solar panels, plenty of space in the car park to have claret and blue wind turbines – now the gas holders are disappearing, bit of a statement to replace them with sustainable energy production.

Brest 😂😂😂

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #730 on: June 19, 2022, 04:54:55 PM »
A bit off topic but when I see pictures of Pompey’s Leitch stand - a poor man’s Trinity Road - being restored it does make me nostalgic.

https://twitter.com/masaunders75/status/1537554515850891264?s=21&t=-8Tr2EFVfgi9bMgxA5pevA

Interesting that both Pompey and Rangers could restore their old Leitch stands.

But we had just had to bulldoze ours because of rust in the lower tier apparently. And replace the best one in the country with the current carbunkle. Shirley Rangers and Pompey with their coastal locations would have had more of an issue with rust. Or maybe their owners value their history a bit more than Ellis did ours.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #731 on: June 19, 2022, 06:45:06 PM »
There wasn’t the will or the vision at the club to incorporate the Trinity’s existing structure. It wouldn’t have been cheap either.

From in the ground the stand looks great, but from the outside it’s a monument to everything that was wrong with the bloke that commissioned it.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #732 on: June 19, 2022, 08:49:50 PM »

That's very smart. Seeing things like that just reinforces my belief that we should knock the old thing down, and build something huge and brilliant somewhere else.
Can we not just build something huge & brilliant where we are?

I reckon we could get Villa Park up to 60k fairly comfortably. It's then "just" a case of making sure that we're not doing it on the cheap - that we're building stands that will command as big a place in the club's heart as the old Trinity Road stand did in 50/75/100 years time.

Absolutely no point in going too high - we do not have the transport infrastructure to cope with what we drag in already, imagine another 20,000 bedlam

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #733 on: June 19, 2022, 08:56:11 PM »
What is strange is that we know the transport links let the location down, yet the ground has two train stations, one either side, is a few miles from the city centre, and is walking distance from the centre of the country's motorway network.

If there is the will - and that's the sticking point - then it shouldn't really take that much to massively improve things.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #734 on: June 19, 2022, 09:16:04 PM »
What is strange is that we know the transport links let the location down, yet the ground has two train stations, one either side, is a few miles from the city centre, and is walking distance from the centre of the country's motorway network.

If there is the will - and that's the sticking point - then it shouldn't really take that much to massively improve things.

To repeat what Simon Inglis said to me the other week - transport-wise we've got the prefect location for a stadium; it's let down by how it's serviced. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal