collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:54:17 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 530180 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #555 on: June 16, 2021, 11:35:50 AM »
They'll replace it with a bigger and better stand that will have good views. Relax maaaaan!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #556 on: June 16, 2021, 11:37:47 AM »
I always quite liked visiting old fashioned dumpy grounds
I suppose it’s hark back to the past

I don’t really go to a football match looking for the same comfort level as the theatre or the cinema so a post in front of me or scabby toilets don’t really bother me to be honest

Goodison Park, Elland Road, Craven Cottage, Bramal lane etc all Premier League grounds last season were My favourites above all the new identikit type grounds with soulless atmospheres but hey they got wider the walkways

I realise I’m probably in the minority

I agree. And the other thing is that they were built to last. The new grounds are looking outdated already.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #557 on: June 16, 2021, 11:49:00 AM »
isn't Barnsley's ground right next to the railway line too, which adds to charm.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #558 on: June 16, 2021, 01:03:33 PM »
I went in the North Stand once, during MON's first season.

I'm tall (6 '2) but far from giantesque and for 90 minutes i had the sharp rim of the seat in front wedged into my knees. Incredibly uncomfortable.

Great view, but an awful place to sit and watch football.

If this season goes sommothly fan wise, the ugly bugger will be torn down next summer and probably only Jimbo will be sorry to see it go.
If this season goes sommothly fan wise, the ugly bugger will be torn down next summer and probably only Jimbo will be sorry to see it go.

I'll miss it, the atmosphere, value and view the season we came back were fantastic. Sort that disgraceful Witton Lane stand out first.
The North Stand and the Witton Lane are equally poor imo. Them two need addressing first. We are being left behind stadium wise just look at some of the club grounds in the Euros. We really do need to do something impressive if we are going to he taken seriously as a European force. I'd like to think the owners are aware of this but of course it's a balancing act of trying to upgrade the team and the Stadium at the same time.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #559 on: June 16, 2021, 01:06:29 PM »
it's a balancing act of trying to upgrade the team and the Stadium at the same time.

Not if you're gazillionaires like our owners are - spending on the players is capped by FFP rules, but I'm pretty sure infrastructure spending is unrestricted.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #560 on: June 16, 2021, 01:10:17 PM »

I'm tall (6 '2) but far from giantesque and for 90 minutes i had the sharp rim of the seat in front wedged into my knees. Incredibly uncomfortable.

I'll miss it, the atmosphere, value and view the season we came back were fantastic. Sort that disgraceful Witton Lane stand out first.

I like the North Stand too, but at 6 '3 it's a bit uncomfortable. It's got the potential to be absolutely amazing when redeveloped. The Witton is the worst though.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #561 on: June 16, 2021, 01:12:12 PM »
The worst thing about the Witton is the name on the side.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #562 on: June 16, 2021, 01:14:54 PM »
I disagree, I think that stand serves as a perfect monument to him to be fair. When it gets replaced with something decent it should be renamed though.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #563 on: June 16, 2021, 01:15:30 PM »
I don't see them changing the Witton any time soon.  Disaster as it is in the concourses etc, the view is fine and it looks ok from the pitch side.  Given the lack of space they're not going to be able to do much capacity wise with it so unfortunately I think it's there to stay for the forseeable future.

A big North Stand, similar to Liverpools proposed Anfield Road Stand is probably the best we can hope for in the medium term, with the filling of corners in the lower tiers only.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #564 on: June 16, 2021, 01:31:29 PM »
Can't believe the gantry, press and media used to be in the Doug. Did they all used to kick-off about how shit and cramped it was?
No wonder we often had bad reviews of our games by the London press. Nowt to do with regularly getting beat by the scab-six obvs...

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #565 on: June 16, 2021, 01:31:48 PM »

I like the North Stand too, but at 6 '3 it's a bit uncomfortable.

It’s bigger than that surely?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #566 on: June 16, 2021, 01:33:18 PM »
Jesus, I fucked those quotes up good and proper.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #567 on: June 16, 2021, 01:38:17 PM »

i am always doing that

Jesus, I fucked those quotes up good and proper.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #568 on: June 16, 2021, 01:38:40 PM »
Anyone got this? Looks lovely.

Aerial shots of football grounds are my fave, though, where you can see how they fit into their surroundings.
I think there's a channel on youtube of a drone flying over various football stadiums, great idea.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #569 on: June 16, 2021, 02:23:27 PM »
Can't believe the gantry, press and media used to be in the Doug. Did they all used to kick-off about how shit and cramped it was?
No wonder we often had bad reviews of our games by the London press. Nowt to do with regularly getting beat by the scab-six obvs...

Not long after it opened my friend and his dad had season tickets on the back row of the upper tier along with a few relatives and I went with them a few times. At one evening game we'd arrived pretty early and there were a couple of guys doing something to one of the cameras and one of them said something along the lines of it being the newest stand that was totally unfit for purpose.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal