collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 528625 times)

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #345 on: April 15, 2021, 08:51:50 PM »
i think we could reclaim something back with the north stand with a nod to our history if we do it right

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #346 on: April 15, 2021, 08:59:41 PM »
L shaped grounds are just terrible

Offline exigo

« Reply #347 on: April 15, 2021, 10:11:18 PM »
Anyone seen the plans for the redevelopment recently? Presumably just the ones from last time- continuation of the trinity round to the Witton with filled in corners?

We're tweaking the Holte into a V shape, and wrapping the rest round for the A.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #348 on: April 15, 2021, 10:19:40 PM »
Redevelop the Holte to make it a 22,000 single tier stand. Add 8000 on the North with a new stand that has joined lower tiers and enclosed upper tier space to trap the sound.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #349 on: April 15, 2021, 10:21:34 PM »
Redevelop the Holte to make it a 22,000 single tier stand. Add 8000 on the North with a new stand that has joined lower tiers and enclosed upper tier space to trap the sound.

Yep, that'd do the job for me.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #350 on: April 15, 2021, 10:39:02 PM »
Nah, the Witton Lane Stand isn't fit for purpose. And bollocks to having the Holte End closed for a season.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 10:40:41 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #351 on: April 15, 2021, 10:54:30 PM »
It's a balancing act. Some years ago under Lerner the healthy food options were announced and someone on here charmingly replied that there were too many wankers going to football now and lads wanted pies and burgers. Equally, the loud minority believe that everybody wants the sort of expensive stuff that they do. I've long thought that the biggest problem in getting supporters spending time and money at the ground is that there's nothing else around Villa Park for miles so we've got used to the idea of meeting away from there  and arriving at the match later.

That was always my plan when I went regularly, if I was at the ground much earlier than 10minutes before kick off it was very rare. I think the club could do with organising a lot more events on match day (there were the family fun days a while back that seemed pretty popular and having a space or 2 that are easy to setup for things like that would be useful, could do things like kit launches and live player interviews to get more out of it.

Haven't looked at this thread for a while (Everton new ground is only going to be 52k btw which surprised me as most new builds are around 60k but guess they'll go big on coporate facilities as hardly any at Goodison).

Anyway it will be interesting to see what we do next season with regards pre match entertainment. Doubt full capacity will be a thing for first few months and can imagine they'll be a demand from authorities for us to try to get more people in their seats earlier than usual so we don't get bottlenecks around the entrances and concourse, same for half time.

One easy thing to do would be to bring some old players back for maybe an interview at 2.40pm or something or just do it at half time, can remember Angel and Laursen coming back for a game in the championship and most people stayed in the stands to applaud.

Luc Nilis did an interview a while ago saying he'd love to return to VP when we're back at full capacity:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-grealish-luc-nilis-villa-19218216

Seems we don't do this sort of thing anywhere near enough as other clubs do with ex players and seems relatively easy to do, can remember VP being full at ten to three when Ron Saunders came back after his long exile.

One other thing might be perhaps to get a local band playing at side of the pitch or something. Just having that kicking the ball into the flag competition dosen't quite tempt me away from my half time burger.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #352 on: April 15, 2021, 11:07:06 PM »
If we could reprofile the lower Holte in such a way that it was level with the upper Holte we would't need to close her for the whole season.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #353 on: April 16, 2021, 01:04:35 AM »
So will fans have any say at all in the possible redesign of the ground? I would like think our opinions would play some role or have some weight in what our ground looks like in the future.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #354 on: April 16, 2021, 08:30:49 AM »
I agree with TV, although I’d hope to God that the club don’t end up consulting with fans that would like to replace the North Stand with something like....the North Stand

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #355 on: April 16, 2021, 09:42:16 AM »
Horse shoe shape is the ideal scenario.

Trinity, North and Doug Ellis all in one (yes with filled in corners) with a level roof and then Holte on it's own. Some little refurbishments around the ground to make it sexier and give it more pizzazz.

This is the obvious answer to me.  Maximum capacity for the space and the Holte remains special and stand alone.   Possibly to be rebuilt bigger and steeper at some point in the future.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #356 on: April 16, 2021, 09:46:06 AM »
It's a balancing act. Some years ago under Lerner the healthy food options were announced and someone on here charmingly replied that there were too many wankers going to football now and lads wanted pies and burgers. Equally, the loud minority believe that everybody wants the sort of expensive stuff that they do. I've long thought that the biggest problem in getting supporters spending time and money at the ground is that there's nothing else around Villa Park for miles so we've got used to the idea of meeting away from there  and arriving at the match later.

That was always my plan when I went regularly, if I was at the ground much earlier than 10minutes before kick off it was very rare. I think the club could do with organising a lot more events on match day (there were the family fun days a while back that seemed pretty popular and having a space or 2 that are easy to setup for things like that would be useful, could do things like kit launches and live player interviews to get more out of it.

Haven't looked at this thread for a while (Everton new ground is only going to be 52k btw which surprised me as most new builds are around 60k but guess they'll go big on coporate facilities as hardly any at Goodison).

Anyway it will be interesting to see what we do next season with regards pre match entertainment. Doubt full capacity will be a thing for first few months and can imagine they'll be a demand from authorities for us to try to get more people in their seats earlier than usual so we don't get bottlenecks around the entrances and concourse, same for half time.

One easy thing to do would be to bring some old players back for maybe an interview at 2.40pm or something or just do it at half time, can remember Angel and Laursen coming back for a game in the championship and most people stayed in the stands to applaud.

Luc Nilis did an interview a while ago saying he'd love to return to VP when we're back at full capacity:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-grealish-luc-nilis-villa-19218216

Seems we don't do this sort of thing anywhere near enough as other clubs do with ex players and seems relatively easy to do, can remember VP being full at ten to three when Ron Saunders came back after his long exile.

One other thing might be perhaps to get a local band playing at side of the pitch or something. Just having that kicking the ball into the flag competition dosen't quite tempt me away from my half time burger.
I'd love to see the U19's have a game before the main game.  I guess there would be concerns re pitch condition, but if they can get over that it would be worth worth arriving early for.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #357 on: April 16, 2021, 10:19:52 AM »
I'd love to see the U19's have a game before the main game.  I guess there would be concerns re pitch condition, but if they can get over that it would be worth worth arriving early for.

Why not after the main game? Less concern wrt the pitch and people are more likely to stay on and watch if they're already there than turn up 2 hours earlier than usual. Obviously depends on the kick-off time of the main match so maybe once a month rather than every home game.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #358 on: April 16, 2021, 11:48:50 AM »

Why not after the main game? Less concern wrt the pitch and people are more likely to stay on and watch if they're already there than turn up 2 hours earlier than usual. Obviously depends on the kick-off time of the main match so maybe once a month rather than every home game.

The brightest crop of talent we've had for decades playing on a pitch that's already cut up and I'm sure the ground staff would love the challenge of fixing a surface that's had two games on it as well.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #359 on: April 16, 2021, 12:06:50 PM »
Maybe have the game kicking off at half 12 at Bodymoor and have it shown in the VP concourses, might encourage a few more in early to watch or even put it on one of the screens in the car parks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal