collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 549015 times)

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #300 on: March 28, 2021, 12:09:08 PM »
As far as I know, the whole issue of allowing fans to stand again is still up in the air. We may well be waiting for this to be resolved before we start firming up any plans we have.

There would be no need to delay things due to this as we could just install rail seats that flip up to allow a seating area to become a terrace. The German clubs have done this for years and now Spurs, Wolves and Man City have already made similar plans.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #301 on: March 28, 2021, 05:46:19 PM »
Football clubs around the world are getting on with improving their stadiums and we shouldn't be any different. I'd like the owners to make a statement by announcing big plans for redevelopment. I would go for a continuation of the Trinity all the way round to the Witton Lane stand but not joining on to it as we currently don't have the space. That would take us past the 50k mark. The land at the back of North stand could be developed into a Box Park at Wembley type of thing which could be used as a venue for concerts etc. That's my vision.
You mean an Aston Villa Leisure Centre type of venue?  ;)
Kind of but have you been to the Box Park at Wembley? Brilliant pre match venue and we have the space to do it. Clubs need to stop thinking about car parks. Those days are ending.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #302 on: March 29, 2021, 07:21:10 AM »
I would like a big fuck off single tier, detached stand with the rail seats at the Witton End plus the two clock towers with AV flood lights atop.

Sounds gaudy written in words, but would look better in drawings if you’d taken mushrooms.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #303 on: March 29, 2021, 07:25:12 AM »
I’ve got a half decent track record here. I started a thread on H&V calling for the Holte pub to be refurbed and it eventually happened.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #304 on: March 29, 2021, 08:55:04 AM »
I would like a big fuck off single tier, detached stand with the rail seats at the Witton End plus the two clock towers with AV flood lights atop.

Sounds gaudy written in words, but would look better in drawings if you’d taken mushrooms.
I'm starting to come round to filled in corners at the North Stand end, provided the North Stand is a single tier stand.  Doesn't matter whether the corners are single tier or something else, since whatever they are the Witton End will be a distinct stand.  That said, I've a slight preference for having it all single tier, including the filled in corners, to restore our rightful place as owners of the largest behind-the-goal stand in Europe.  Install rail seats, even if safe standing isn't officially allowed.  Let's see how long that restriction lasts then.

AV floodlights up either end, with the addition of a big, fuck off clock tower in the Holte End / Witton Lane corner.  Presumably it'll need to incorporate some kind of pedestrian arch to not block off that emergency exit, which is fine.  Rail seat the lower tier of the Holte End whilst we're at it.

Once all that's done, build downwards / underground, knock down the current Witton Lane stand, rebuild it so that it looks good.  Thinking have the upper tier overlap the lower tier, like they do at the Millennium stadium.  Want a proper cauldron of a ground, with the fans practically on top of the pitch.  Rail seat the lower tier, returning our entire lower tiers to terracing with the exception of the Trinity Road stand.

Make Aston Villa Great Again (MAVGA)

Offline Rico

« Reply #305 on: March 29, 2021, 09:11:08 AM »
Whilst I think redeveloping the North Stand is the priority,  how good would it be to knock down the Doug Ellis Stand and replace it with a giant single tier stand that and re-name it the Ron Saunders Stand.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #306 on: March 29, 2021, 09:24:27 AM »
I’ve got a half decent track record here. I started a thread on H&V calling for the Holte pub to be refurbed and it eventually happened.

Stick it on the CV

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #307 on: March 29, 2021, 10:25:57 AM »

Stick it on the CV
I wrote to Randy about the old badge. The Gold Stripy one.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #308 on: March 29, 2021, 11:27:18 AM »

Stick it on the CV
stick it up yer bollocks, eamonn 😄

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #309 on: March 29, 2021, 01:57:17 PM »
I’m definitely in the one single tier camp, with executive boxes in columns in each corner to keep the sound in. Bigger the better.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #310 on: March 29, 2021, 02:34:56 PM »
The thing to consider with filling in the corners is that it does change airflow over the pitch and can cause some problems.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #311 on: March 29, 2021, 02:36:37 PM »
Can everyone just leave the North Stand alone please? Ta.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #312 on: March 29, 2021, 02:55:29 PM »
The North Stand looks like Adrian Chiles.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #313 on: March 29, 2021, 06:03:03 PM »
The North Stand looks like Adrian Chiles.

That's why I want it to stay, in your absence.

Offline exigo

« Reply #314 on: March 29, 2021, 10:58:21 PM »
Without wanting to force anyone out of their home, if we could agree to build 15 houses at the Holte Road end of Witton Gardens in exchange for buying the 15 places on Nelson Road, we could move the whole ground north a bit.
That would give us the space for a properly big North stand, a Witton stand that's easier to take over the road, an equally big Trinity, and a wider Holte End.
Easy enough for billionaires, I'm sure.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal