collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 546094 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #240 on: March 10, 2021, 07:54:41 PM »
I went here in the early 90s. It's the Monumental Stadium in Ecuador. Its probably the most impressive stadium I've ever been too. I think it shows that you can have an amazing stadium of four separate stands. Villa Park would in my opinion be magnificent if all of the opposing stands mirrored each other. Obviously there would be problems with Within Lane, but surely it's something that could be overcome?

That looks fantastic I've never seen that before. How high are those end stands? And I'm loving the symmetry something a certain HDE had absolutely no concept of. Two Holte ends and two Trinity Rds opposing each other would tick all the boxes for me with the lower sections joined all around the ground in a continuous sweep.

Never mind Witton Lane, we'd be taking most of Witton itself with that badboy

Count me in..

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #241 on: March 10, 2021, 08:06:28 PM »
The best looking stadia are all in the Americas for some reason. The NFL has got some tremendous looking stadia too - https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/list/ranking-nfl-stadiums-from-worst-to-best/dky07jdst5w1mcy7cgsm7q6s/2
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 11:14:25 PM by Ad@m »

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #242 on: March 10, 2021, 08:10:44 PM »
The best looking stadia are all in the Americas for some reason. The NFL has got done tremendous looking stadia too - https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/list/ranking-nfl-stadiums-from-worst-to-best/dky07jdst5w1mcy7cgsm7q6s/2

They've got massive bastard in Michigan that holds the record for consecutive 100k + attendances and it's only for bleeding college football.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #243 on: March 10, 2021, 08:56:59 PM »
I haven't got a problem if the North Stand was to be bigger than the Holte. It's a nice problem to have. The Witton will always be hamstrung by the position of the road & housing.
There is no housing anymore  in Witton lane behind the stand.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #245 on: March 10, 2021, 09:02:05 PM »
I think we do have to move we should build a new stadium copying Westfalenstadion at Saltley gasworks site.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2021, 09:30:03 PM »
The best looking stadia are all in the Americas for some reason. The NFL has got done tremendous looking stadia too - https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/list/ranking-nfl-stadiums-from-worst-to-best/dky07jdst5w1mcy7cgsm7q6s/2

Number 1 has my vote too :)

Many of the NFL stadiums are like national stadiums in their own right.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #247 on: March 10, 2021, 09:35:28 PM »
I love this one in Indianapolis.

The brick exterior and intensely dense interior would be brilliant for a redeveloped Villa Park.

https://www.lucasoilstadium.com/

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #248 on: March 10, 2021, 09:55:59 PM »
I haven't got a problem if the North Stand was to be bigger than the Holte. It's a nice problem to have. The Witton will always be hamstrung by the position of the road & housing.
There is no housing anymore  in Witton lane behind the stand.
That's because the club purchased all the houses there to allow the extension to the Witton lane. As were now up against the road we would have to move the road to where the park is and purchase the houses. It would be a massive undertaking that would require the co-operation of A. The council and B. The local residents. My gut feelings are that due to these issues they would knock down the North Stand and build it bigger as we already own that land. It seems the logical option and I think we're a long way off ever rebuilding the Witton lane stand.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #249 on: March 10, 2021, 09:59:16 PM »
Liverpool bought up the houses around Anfield.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #250 on: March 10, 2021, 10:33:30 PM »
It took them a while and had awful consequences for the area.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #251 on: March 10, 2021, 10:36:48 PM »
Liverpool bought up the houses around Anfield.
And we will have to if they're going to expand the Witton lane stand. It takes years to get them all to agree to moving. That's why I think if and when work does get underway it will all happen at the North stand end of the ground. We can reach 50k quite comfortably just by doing that end then worry about the Witton lane stand once the demand is there. Nothing to stop the club setting about buying up the propertys on that side of the ground.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2021, 10:48:31 PM »
I'd rather we didn't kick local people out of their houses.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2021, 10:56:12 PM »

I don’t think Liverpool did they just bought them up, left them empty, creating a serious case of urban blight and most others then moved out as a result. It was a pretty scummy move in my opinion but it got them what they wanted. I’d like to think we wouldn’t do that and try and take local residents with us on any ground extensions but sometimes it’s the old “omelettes and broken eggs” scenario.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #254 on: March 10, 2021, 11:20:21 PM »
I totally agree. That's why developing the Witton lane stand will be very difficult. A lot of negotiations with the local community lie ahead. Compromises can always be found that suit everyone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal