collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 528701 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2021, 09:37:22 AM »
Meh you snooze you lose. I'm not queuing in the left hand lane with a load of wallies going down to London or off at Sutton. Mirrors, indicate, negotiate. Easy peasy!

Tooodalooo motherfuckers!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2021, 09:52:24 AM »
Do you drive an Audi or a BMW?

Offline Ads

« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2021, 10:49:08 AM »
I clearly used the word indicate, so you have your answer.

Honestly why would anybody queue? Overtake in the right hand lanes, traffic opens up and I get over in plenty of time.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2021, 10:59:51 AM »

Honestly why would anybody queue? Overtake in the right hand lanes, traffic opens up and I get over in plenty of time.

I know you're being provocative so I really shouldn't rise to it, but I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen people cutting across the carriageway, almost causing accidents and royally pissing off those who queued safely.  Then there's the point that if everyone did what you did, the whole carriageway would grind to a halt, preventing those travelling south on the M6 or off to North Brum from getting there.  You only have to look at the state of the roads around junctions in countries which don't have a culture of queuing to see what an absolute mess it is.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2021, 11:03:53 AM »

Those of us carrying on the Tyburn Rd have to break sharply so you can push in the queue, ya bellend. Next time, if you hear a horn and see a man offering a Nescafe handshake, that will be me.

Offline Ads

« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2021, 11:25:07 AM »
Haha!

I'm not being particularly serious but I'm not being proactive either. I'm coming from the Pump Island entrance and you Salford Circus lot (Lower Holte types no doubt) are all inching about getting on. What is wrong with over taking that lot, then indicating across half a mile up the expressway and getting safely over?

Lee, I probably won't notice, I'll be too busy waving my top hat out the window shouting tally ho! as I over take all the Salford Circus oiks.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2021, 11:38:10 AM »
Haha!

I'm not being particularly serious but I'm not being proactive either. I'm coming from the Pump Island entrance and you Salford Circus lot (Lower Holte types no doubt) are all inching about getting on. What is wrong with over taking that lot, then indicating across half a mile up the expressway and getting safely over?

Lee, I probably won't notice, I'll be too busy waving my top hat out the window shouting tally ho! as I over take all the Salford Circus oiks.

Grrrrr!!!! **waves fist angrily**

Offline nigel

« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2021, 10:08:15 PM »
I've always thought our expansion model would be along the lines of Borussia Dortmund's. Four distinct stands still, but with corners filled in to amplify the atmosphere.

Expand the Holte out over Trinity Road. Mirror the Holte at the North Stand end. Do as much as we can to take the Witton back over the road.

Internally this looks fantasic and I'd be delighted with that type of layout.  Externally it looks as identikit as any other.

For me there's going to have to be some filling in of corners or we're just not going to have the sort of capacity to compete with other modern stadiums of our competitors.

Doesn’t look too bad

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2021, 11:47:17 PM »
If we were going to move, I'd prefer moving closer to the city centre. But I don't think it's necessary - rebuild the North Stand to have a similar capacity to the Holte End, which I think would take the capacity up to about 49000. I think that's fine for now, and still leaves a bit of scope to upgrade the Witton Lane stand.

Whenever I mention that I support Villa, at least to fans who actually go to watch their clubs, they almost always mention how much they like visiting Villa Park, and think it looks brilliant. It must have the same kind of effect on players. I also think you'd lose that completely with a wraparound stadium. I'd rather we stick with a slightly smaller ground (if you can call a 50k capacity ground 'small') but make it stand out.

I don't want a carbon copy of the Holte End facade. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it, but I'd rather we have 4 unique stands that any other club would class as their 'main' stand. Love this stand at Ibrox, for example. I'm not the world's biggest Sevco fan, but I do think their ground looks absolutely brilliant

not really a rangers supporter, but Ibrox looks fantastic. I really wish we could’ve done something like the pic above with the trinity redevelopment. They’ve even got a badge like our old old old old one in the wall. Classy (apart from the financial irregularities and scummy fans)

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2021, 12:10:59 AM »
The owners must have a grand vision of where they want to go with it and worked backwards to produce a roadmap of sorts. Would be fantastic if we could modernise while incorporating some of the ground's heritage that has been lost over the years.
i was thinking it would be great to get input from supporters on potential designs etc. but if the diversity of views expressed just in this site are anything to go by we’d never agree on anything and nothing would get done. That’s not a criticism by the way, just an observation. I like the plans we had that got stymied by WWII, where it looked like there were going to be Holte Ends on 3 sides of the ground and a capacity of around 110-120,000. Imagine being inside that with a decent Villa side - and trying to find somewhere to park!

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2021, 12:22:31 AM »

I know you're being provocative so I really shouldn't rise to it, but I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen people cutting across the carriageway, almost causing accidents and royally pissing off those who queued safely.  Then there's the point that if everyone did what you did, the whole carriageway would grind to a halt, preventing those travelling south on the M6 or off to North Brum from getting there.  You only have to look at the state of the roads around junctions in countries which don't have a culture of queuing to see what an absolute mess it is.
ha ha made me laugh- I read it in a Happy Mondays ‘that scaffolding’s been rendered dangerous’ voice - can’t remember the song title

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2021, 12:27:54 AM »
‘Brain Dead’ was the song

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2021, 06:58:12 AM »
Archibald Leitch innit. Designed Ibrox and Villa Park.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2021, 07:06:32 AM »
If you build it, they will come!  Fill in the corners of the North Stand and stick the away fans in a bottom corner so we are above them and drown them out.

Offline Ads

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2021, 07:46:55 AM »
A new North that wraps around from the Trinity would look very impressive.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal