collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 19168 times)

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
Re: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #270 on: January 28, 2021, 01:10:13 PM »
The joys of following a football club.
Its like one big f*****g Meccano set.

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #271 on: January 28, 2021, 01:29:03 PM »
Why?

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #272 on: January 28, 2021, 01:59:02 PM »
out thought ?  I think that we just got lazy thinking that the game would win itself and it cost us...

100% this

I also agree with another post - if you were neutral that was a cracking game of football - especially compared to that stagnant pile of shite at Chelsea

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #273 on: January 28, 2021, 02:03:47 PM »
Last night was a fucking pain and we shouldn’t have lost. That being said the overall standard of performance is really encouraging. We are consistently outplaying teams now and yesterday felt a bit like a cup upset. What we need to do is take the learnings from the game and ensure we don’t switch off like we did. Ultimately that painful lesson should benefit us in the long run and we really are developing an impressive side.

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #274 on: January 28, 2021, 02:10:33 PM »
Watching that 1st Burnley goal back again and it's Doug and Ross who switch off and lose the runners but I think the key thing is what Rodriguez does. He's clever and moves into Ezri's zone and behind him before the kick, he then stops Ezri moving back and being able to get a flick on the ball to turn it away. They all need to be more alive in situations like that as one lapse can undo so much good work.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #275 on: January 28, 2021, 02:24:27 PM »
Why?

What would your punchline be if you were a professional joke writer, Si ?

Online CT Villan

« Reply #276 on: January 28, 2021, 02:48:02 PM »
We seemed stuck in a repeating loop of going from the sublime to the ridiculous for long periods of the game.

Online not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #277 on: January 28, 2021, 02:55:49 PM »
out thought ?  I think that we just got lazy thinking that the game would win itself and it cost us...

100% this

I also agree with another post - if you were neutral that was a cracking game of football - especially compared to that stagnant pile of shite at Chelsea

One thing Villa need to learn is that ruthless edge to kill games while we can.

Online not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #278 on: January 28, 2021, 02:58:15 PM »
Respect to the way Dean has turned things round (largely) since the re-start last June, but last night was a huge reality check. We are a long away from being a top ten side. what really pisses me off his brushing aside one antediluvian on Saturday and being out thought by another a few days later.
'Huge reality check' is a little strong. We are tenth right now.
We are still in transition - this time last year were about to dip into a horrible run of relegation-leading form. A feature of transitions is inconsistency (last Saturday vs last night) and 'bad luck' (refereeing in both Manchester games).
It will get better.

I would say "reality check" on our European daydreams. It can still very much happen, but even top ten is a triumph after last season.

Even if we lose on Saturday but get as many points in the 2nd half of the season as we did in the first that would leave Villa on 58 points. Very much top 10 and possibly in Europe, depending on where other teams finish.

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #279 on: January 28, 2021, 02:59:07 PM »
I hope that when we are let in to Villa Park again we learn to appreciate enterprising and exciting football and all you doomsayers don’t bother going...one reason we may be doing better is not hearing abuse every time the players try something that doesn’t come off.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #280 on: January 28, 2021, 03:13:48 PM »
I hope that when we are let in to Villa Park again we learn to appreciate enterprising and exciting football and all you doomsayers don’t bother going...one reason we may be doing better is not hearing abuse every time the players try something that doesn’t come off.
This gives me an idea. We already have a family section so why not have a moaners section.  Somewhere near the back where like minded people can moan about everything as much as they want without ruining the game for those poor souls surrounding them.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #281 on: January 28, 2021, 03:19:40 PM »
Great idea, you could call it the David O'Leary section, where all of the fans who think that they're being clever bringing up the fickle quote can congregate and slag off other Villa fans together.

Online Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #282 on: January 28, 2021, 03:26:06 PM »
Well this isn't impossible - not all players perform under pressure from the crowd (queue then they go play for some other team...)

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #283 on: January 28, 2021, 04:58:23 PM »
That was a poor second half.  I think we are all of the same opinion, that wer will still chuck a last season performance in once in a while.  That was it right there.  The defence didn't cover itself in glory.  Does anaybody else feel that Cash gets drawn too narrow.  Targett seems to marshall the left touchline far more effectively, the majority of chances are coming down the right flank.  Some of that is due to Bertie not being great getting back but that is so obvious that you would expect Luiz to be asked to fill the deep right midfield role when the opposition are on the break.  Onwards and upwards, a tough game against Sothampton next but a good result and all this sadness will be soon forgotten!

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #284 on: January 28, 2021, 05:05:35 PM »
Why?
Because I'm old enough to remember building something out of Meccano and over time bolts got loose so to stop it falling apart you had to keep in tightening stuff.

Its an analogy of following a footy team. Things get loose. Like us in the second half.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal