collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Man Citeh XIV 2 v Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread.  (Read 16490 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Man Citeh XIV 2 v Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread.
« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2021, 07:36:33 AM »
Its become a game where the people playing and watching it no longer know the rules.
The officials now own and control it.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2021, 07:45:30 AM »
If this decision was given against the big 6, they would debate this for days with eventually the Premier League having to apologise to the club for getting the decision wrong

Because it is Aston Villa no one will care and it will be just a shrug of the shoulders and move on to the next game.

We should have had a draw at United and you never now we could have hung on last night for another draw.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2021, 08:01:11 AM »
If you have a referee in the studio being confused about the goal and then having to reverse faster than a member of this government at a Covid press conference then it confirms the fact that 9,999 times out of10,000 its given as offside.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2021, 08:08:24 AM »
On the same night - last night - this incident occurs in Italy https://twitter.com/karlfrankham1/status/1352007887577616387
Feekick for offside is given.

Online Mister E

« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2021, 08:12:06 AM »
My immediate reaction to the first goal was that Mings had screwed up by dilly-dallying on the ball.
The offside really only dawned in the replay, and then the interpretation of the rules is all: when Mings chests the ball, have we moved into a new phase of the game, thereby legitimising Rodri's involvement in what took place? That's the issue in a nutshell, for me.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 08:16:53 AM by Mister E »

Online Mister E

« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2021, 08:14:09 AM »
Regarding our performance. I was delighted with many aspects - what a way to return from an enforced 2-week absence!!
All I'd say is that if we are planning to attack on the break, we need to be more clinical with the few chances we get.

Apart from that, let's move on and rip the Jawdies a new one.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2021, 08:18:00 AM »
Its frustrating to have so much brilliant defensive work undone by such a freak incident.
It will now be interesting what happens on Saturday.
Does it affect us or do we power past Newcastle and go on adding to this impressive season's stories.

Online nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2021, 08:37:25 AM »
It wouldn’t have been an issue if Rodri had got himself back onside and then challenged Mings. It was the fact he challenged him before that and he did not receive the ball from Mings, he took it off him. It absolutely is offside and no amount of bending the rules to suit the argument works.

My guess is that this will quietly be ‘clarified’ when the dust settles to avoid forwards taking advantage and remaining behind and out of the eyesight of defenders.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2021, 08:38:57 AM »
My immediate reaction to the first goal was that Mings had screwed up by dilly-dallying on the ball.
The offside really only dawned in the replay, and then the interpretation of the rules is all: when Mings chests the ball, have we moved into a new phase of the game, thereby legitimising Rodri's involvement in what took place? That's the issue in a nutshell, for me.

The rule is stupid.

The player should have got back onside before playing the ball.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2021, 08:43:21 AM »
Aside from the offside shambles, credit to the team for putting in a terrific shift after only three days of training. I thought tiredness might have been an issue as the game wore on but we seemed to get more into it and probably  should have scored before they did. Special mention to Targett, he was immense.

Offline Clive W

« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2021, 08:47:57 AM »
This is just opening up another can of confusing worms, trying to justify shit decisions and mistakes, it's going to come back and haunt everyone and piss more and more people off when they get robbed by a top 6 wank decision themselves.

Only solution for us is to become a top 6 club! On our way!

Hopefully we will soon be in the top six but let’s face it we will never be “the top six”

Just as Leicester will never be in “the top six”

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #206 on: January 21, 2021, 08:49:11 AM »
Sterling didn't get any change out of Targett all evening, what a transformation.  Matt has got to be on thinking about an England call up soon.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #207 on: January 21, 2021, 09:22:23 AM »
I don't know if Pep has said anything about their offside goal. He's got his 3 points so if he has any integrity he should. Not to say anything shows compliance that his team will get decisions like this in their favour no matter what and he doesn't wish to rock the boat. If that was Watkins tackling Stone from an offside position (resulting in a goal) he would be throwing his dummy out of the pram. Pep, Jose, Steffan, Ogs would all be throwing dummies out of prams and the likes of sky, bt and the bbc would be falling in line right behind them to curry favour. The integrity of the game is fading fast and with it my patience for it.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2021, 09:30:36 AM »
We were great in defence I thought, did well in attack too. They were the better team but that decision just glosses over it all.

Just seen the pen too. I understand why it was given but that was a close call too.

I'm royally pissed off but on to Saturday.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2021, 09:44:26 AM »
The rule they're clinging on to ''A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball''. Rodri didn't receive the ball from the opponent, he tackled him. This musical chairs to gloss over another VAR fuck up is farcical.

Can anyone honestly state that they've enjoyed VAR being part of football?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal