collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:53:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Pete3206
[Today at 08:51:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 08:47:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:43:09 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:38:11 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: West Ham vs Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 16085 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: West Ham vs Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2020, 12:07:33 AM »
Not wishing to denigrate our goalkeeper, as I think he's looked like the best we've had in a while, but of the last 11 opposition efforts on target, he's had to pick 8 of them out of the net.

Well he’ll have Heaton back soon to put pressure on him.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2020, 12:08:12 AM »
It’s another one of our bad streaks under Dean though.  Four out of five defeats against teams we need to compete with.  Friday starting to look pretty important.
Play well and lose soon becomes play bad and lose.
We go from optimistic to pessimistic.

Or play well, twat Newcastle. Seems more likely.

If the game goes ahead mind.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2020, 12:12:43 AM »
It’s another one of our bad streaks under Dean though.  Four out of five defeats against teams we need to compete with.  Friday starting to look pretty important.
Play well and lose soon becomes play bad and lose.
We go from optimistic to pessimistic.

Or play well, twat Newcastle. Seems more likely.

If the game goes ahead mind.

They'll be forced to put their under 16s out by the sounds of things.

Had to chuckle at report I've just read saying Newcastle want to postpone as Bruce won't have any time to work on tactics at the training ground!

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: West Ham United vs Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2020, 12:23:22 AM »
We played really poorly at times and really well. We deserved to take something from that game. Hourihane needs to not complain about being dropped because he was awful. Trezeguet is the one of the most wasteful players I can remember playing for us. 4 defeats in 5 now. Not good at all.

Hourihane isn't Premier League standard I'm afraid, simple as that. His set piece delivery is normally excellent but aside from that he's anonymous and we can't afford to carry passengers.

I thought the ball moved really well through the midfield generally, it was the terrible defending and finishing that let us down.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2020, 12:23:23 AM »

We did play well tonight but didn’t in the previous 3 defeats. The Liverpool and Arsenal performances are masking a really poor run of form

Not really sure how much masking is going on when the two events you refer to involve putting seven goals past the almighty Liverpool and 3 away from home at Arsenal.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2020, 12:32:19 AM »

We did play well tonight but didn’t in the previous 3 defeats. The Liverpool and Arsenal performances are masking a really poor run of form

Yep. Winning more than we lose this season is masking how poor we are.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2020, 01:02:31 AM »
I have just watched the highlights of tonights game and i am more angry than ever at the so called offside goal  Only the idiots at Stockley Park could fail to see Ogbonna with his arms around  Watkins .Or is it a case  of they do not want to see it as it would mean saying the referee got it wrong .

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2020, 01:11:31 AM »
I have just watched the highlights of tonights game and i am more angry than ever at the so called offside goal  Only the idiots at Stockley Park could fail to see Ogbonna with his arms around  Watkins .Or is it a case  of they do not want to see it as it would mean saying the referee got it wrong .

As they said ont'telly - it's like a mafia.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2020, 02:02:13 AM »
Stockley Park...West London Warehouse... Any chance Sexual Ealing can quickly dash back from Heathrow, explaining to the missus that he "forgot some of our things"; promptly indulge in a bit of arson as his last notable act on British soil before escaping to a new life in Mexico as planned? It would make for a great ending to the movie version of H&V.
VAR - for God sake, burn it down.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2020, 02:26:40 AM »
So frustrating.

What more is there left to say about the soul destroying, utterly joyless farce that is VAR? Football, played in empty stadiums and controlled by some guys in a cupboard somewhere with a sophisticated electronic ruler. Any possible element of spontaneity or joy ruthlessly removed. Perhaps we’ll do away with the concept of scoring goals entirely next just to be certain there’s no joy left in the game whatsoever.

The most frustrating Villa game I’ve seen for a while, well, at least since last week. We deserved far more. Shot ourselves in the foot with brain freezes at the start of either half of course but still should be taking something from that one, for the vast majority we controlled it.

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2020, 02:37:41 AM »
I haven't been that frustrated after a game for a long while.
How we didn't win is hard to take after we dominated them for long periods especially in the second half.
After I calmed down and reading some of the other posters I agree that we are light years away from last season.
I'm not worried just annoyed about having 0 points from the last two games.
I think we will win more than we lose this season and think mid-table is where we will end up.
Dougie MOM for me tonight all class.
Jack also excellent.
We really should beat Newcastle on Friday if we play like that.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2020, 02:45:50 AM »
Besides the two obvious errors, played well.

Deserved more than we got and VAR ref performance is beyond embarrassing (again).

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2020, 02:56:03 AM »
Should’ve had at least a point from that arguably 3. Missed the 2nd west ham goal, but defending for the first was shit- fast asleep. I had a feeling Watkins would miss the pen- didn’t look confident and the delay probably didn’t help him, although it didn’t look a penalty really to me in the first place. What can you say about theVAR decision? He was fkn level and the ref gave it. How that can be chalked off as a ‘clear and obvious’ error after 3 minutes of scrutiny which was at best an inconclusive outcome is beyond my comprehension. They need to either scrap it or sort the muppets out who are administering it. Beyond a joke now.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2020, 04:35:30 AM »
Fuck West Ham. Horrible to watch, too much fouling.

Thought we deserved at least a point. Mings needs some competition for his place, Hourihane shouldn't start for us, Watkins needs more support up top with him.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2020, 04:38:31 AM »
I thought VAR was there to overule when an obvious offside was missed not to run the rule over finger tips and big toes.
That said we had more than enough chances to kill the game off, thought Jack was brilliant.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal