collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa v Leeds post match thread  (Read 23010 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Villa v Leeds post match thread
« Reply #255 on: October 24, 2020, 02:34:36 PM »
I think last night showed Trez ain’t good enough.   He was AWOL so many times.  Targett we know about.  I also think Cash is a bit of a liability but I think there is a good chance he will come good.  I hope the scouts are lining up some upgrades in January.  If they do it will be a very interesting season. 

But yes goals change games.   If only Jack had scored - we all would be very chipper today.

As I mentioned in another thread, Trezeguet looks great in a win and gets blamed for being shit in a defeat, it's the nature of his style.

They did us, their fans will be excited... It just didn't work for us last night. It was breakneck stuff and a really entertaining 50 minutes.

There were little errors from us across the pitch and they were pretty much faultless. Much like the Liverpool game.

I'm really pissed off about it but it happens. It's how we react next that matters.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #256 on: October 24, 2020, 02:44:55 PM »
I think last night showed Trez ain’t good enough.   He was AWOL so many times.  Targett we know about.  I also think Cash is a bit of a liability but I think there is a good chance he will come good.  I hope the scouts are lining up some upgrades in January.  If they do it will be a very interesting season. 

But yes goals change games.   If only Jack had scored - we all would be very chipper today.

As I mentioned in another thread, Trezeguet looks great in a win and gets blamed for being shit in a defeat, it's the nature of his style.

They did us, their fans will be excited... It just didn't work for us last night. It was breakneck stuff and a really entertaining 50 minutes.

There were little errors from us across the pitch and they were pretty much faultless. Much like the Liverpool game.

I'm really pissed off about it but it happens. It's how we react next that matters.

Well summed.
We can put this one to bed. Obviously a similar performance/result against Southampton, who are no mugs themselves, will be a bit more concerning

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #257 on: October 24, 2020, 02:47:18 PM »
I've said it before and I've said it here - there's no shame in losing if you learn from it. Leeds had one of those halves like we did against Fulham. We go again.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #258 on: October 24, 2020, 02:51:30 PM »
Almost every team this season has had at least one really bad result. It was inevitable we would eventually. It doesn’t diminish all that came before it, nor does it indicate what might happen in the next game.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #259 on: October 24, 2020, 02:54:38 PM »
My conclusion: Friday night football sucks. They've ruined my weekend.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #260 on: October 24, 2020, 02:55:41 PM »
My conclusion: Friday night football sucks. They've ruined my weekend.

Exactly.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #261 on: October 24, 2020, 03:00:27 PM »
Quote from: Axl Rose
Good stuff, mate. All ok now, littleun sleeping on me, sipping some whiskey soda, a good PS4 session on the go. Have a good weekend mate and will speak soon! Up the Villa!

Good stuff mate that’s living the dream right there! Enjoy!

Thanks mate have a good one too UTFV 👍

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #262 on: October 24, 2020, 03:27:54 PM »
Sleeping on it I can now conclude that Bielsa will be managing someone of greater stature than Leeds before long. This is a good thing because I think if Leeds had serious backers they could be a force for some time. Last night was A case of master and apprentice.

I read yesterday he's prepared to stay there for next season. Such a waste at the rugby league town.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #263 on: October 24, 2020, 03:49:12 PM »
I've said it before and I've said it here - there's no shame in losing if you learn from it. Leeds had one of those halves like we did against Fulham. We go again.

Yep agree the key bit is showing we’ve learnt and grown in response.

Offline dorsetvillian

« Reply #264 on: October 24, 2020, 04:01:03 PM »
Still surprised and disappointed with 4 coaches on the side line that we didn't change the shape tactically. It was not working yet we continued with more if the same.

Offline Herman

« Reply #265 on: October 24, 2020, 05:46:47 PM »
There are no words in the English language foul enough to adequately express my dislike of Leeds. My opinion of Patrick Bamford is pretty much the same. A good start to the weekend, it was not.

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #266 on: October 24, 2020, 05:55:48 PM »
We seem a bit like a MON team (hopefully as good). Normally solid, good on the counter-attack, but struggle when a team has players behind the ball.

Offline Andy Poole

« Reply #267 on: October 24, 2020, 06:06:58 PM »
The biggest thing I noticed last night was that when Martínez had hold of the ball, he was looking to throw. Every time. No outfield player looked remotely interested in receiving it.

As soon a he caught a corner ball for example he looked up ready to throw but they were all static in the box. Absolutely no urgency at all. No interest in starting an attack instantly. Much preferred to wait and let Leeds get 10 behind the ball.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #268 on: October 24, 2020, 06:16:47 PM »
The biggest thing I noticed last night was that when Martínez had hold of the ball, he was looking to throw. Every time. No outfield player looked remotely interested in receiving it.

As soon a he caught a corner ball for example he looked up ready to throw but they were all static in the box. Absolutely no urgency at all. No interest in starting an attack instantly. Much preferred to wait and let Leeds get 10 behind the ball.
Yeah I agree. Was watching with my son and he was shouting at the screen "no one wants the bloody ball" and he was right. Bit of an odd performance all round last night but I'm confident we will bounce back. And let's not forget we still sit second in the league at the time of writing this with a game in hand over teams around us.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #269 on: October 24, 2020, 06:27:51 PM »
I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bath water because it's still been a brilliant start.  It was concerning though, just how easily Leeds humped us second half, despite having fewer rest days than us, and being without their best player. We've got plenty of time to work on what went wrong before Southampton though.

I think that’s basically it. We have to show we’ve used it as a learning experience and are better for it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal