collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:31:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:17:42 PM]

Re: Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Photo ID now required to purchase tickets  (Read 15814 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Photo ID now required to purchase tickets
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2020, 01:35:40 PM »
Wholly unfair on disabled season ticket holders.
Some use two carers some use an agency to provide a carer for the game.
How is this going to work?

Maybe ask the club before declaring it unfair?
I have, and I have not yet had a reply.
Then how do you know it's wholly unfair?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2020, 02:31:14 PM »
Why would the authorities care who turns up, so long as they're social distancing?

I am not picking on you, but I am genuinely absolutely amazed you have to ask this question. It's like you've never heard of contact tracing.

Are you Dido Harding? ;-)

It's a significant risk to have people back in stadiums in the first place, and also in a scenario where there is going to be a lot of money flying around for tickets on the black market and therefore amn extremely elevated risk that the people you think are there are actually not the people there if they do need to contact trace, thereby rendering the tracing pointless.

Football needs to prove it can effectively trace in the case of outbreaks, this seems entirely reasonable as a way of doing this.

Can't the club just refuse entry to anyone who scans the QR code which I presume will be stuck on the walls going into VP if it's not the phone that is registered with whoever originally purchased the ticket?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2020, 03:01:55 PM »
Surely that's even more complex than people just uploading a photo and even worse for people who don't do smartphones?

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2020, 03:32:48 PM »
A big chunk of this is control of away tickets I think. There is a significant amount of people picking and choosing games and either not using or selling on tickets in order to maintain booking history. I wouldn’t be surprised if eventually the whole day is controlled by the club in terms of travel as well as tickets. Covid gives the club the perfect opportunity to have 25 fans on 50 seater coaches all safe on a double seat each. £50 for the coach plus  a £30 ticket or even sucking up a loss on travel to create the precedent. As much as many would hate this the demand to travel to away games would still be there especially if we continue our upward trend.

Offline artvandelay

« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2020, 03:39:50 PM »
If the club wanted to control away tickets they could have done it already and have done in limited amounts. Simply require ticket collection at the away stadium upon presentation of Photo ID.

Man United have a much bigger problem with away ticket touting than we do, and they have had stewards bussed to away grounds to check people's tickets on entry and ask for ID/Season Ticket. According to FSF they've got absolutely no right for this info, and even if you do give it to them and it doesn't match, your 'home' club has no right to deny you entry to the 'away' stadium.

I really don't see why they'd bother using the photos which are obviously for COVID compliance purposes for policing away tickets. Even so, what could they do that they can't already? Best I can think is send stewards down to check photo on file vs your face, even then, our stewards have no right to police entry to another ground...

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2020, 04:22:24 PM »
Why would the authorities care who turns up, so long as they're social distancing?

I am not picking on you, but I am genuinely absolutely amazed you have to ask this question. It's like you've never heard of contact tracing.

Are you Dido Harding? ;-)

It's a significant risk to have people back in stadiums in the first place, and also in a scenario where there is going to be a lot of money flying around for tickets on the black market and therefore amn extremely elevated risk that the people you think are there are actually not the people there if they do need to contact trace, thereby rendering the tracing pointless.

Football needs to prove it can effectively trace in the case of outbreaks, this seems entirely reasonable as a way of doing this.

Can't the club just refuse entry to anyone who scans the QR code which I presume will be stuck on the walls going into VP if it's not the phone that is registered with whoever originally purchased the ticket?

The club won't be handling the QR data. When you scan one, your phone reads the code and reports to the app, not the venue. Also, if and when we do get back in, if it went solely by QR code in a stand, you'd be getting told to isolate because a bloke sat 80 yards away at the other end of a stand from you tests positive. If they can say who spent 15 minutes within 2 metres of that person, then they can just tell those 3 or 4 people, rather than a standfull.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2020, 04:26:19 PM »
If the club wanted to control away tickets they could have done it already and have done in limited amounts. Simply require ticket collection at the away stadium upon presentation of Photo ID.

Man United have a much bigger problem with away ticket touting than we do, and they have had stewards bussed to away grounds to check people's tickets on entry and ask for ID/Season Ticket. According to FSF they've got absolutely no right for this info, and even if you do give it to them and it doesn't match, your 'home' club has no right to deny you entry to the 'away' stadium.

I really don't see why they'd bother using the photos which are obviously for COVID compliance purposes for policing away tickets. Even so, what could they do that they can't already? Best I can think is send stewards down to check photo on file vs your face, even then, our stewards have no right to police entry to another ground...

Good points.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2020, 10:23:00 PM »
Surely that's even more complex than people just uploading a photo and even worse for people who don't do smartphones?

How do people get in pubs without smart phones currently? I assume for any mass gathering currently it's mandatory.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2020, 10:46:26 PM »

How do people get in pubs without smart phones currently? I assume for any mass gathering currently it's mandatory.

Nope.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2020, 11:57:48 PM »
As Nottingham is now tier 3, this is how it affects non league football. I know it's not ID or Villa related but as there are tens of thousands of people going to games every weekend in non league it maybe gives an idea of what could happen when crowds start being allowed back further up the system. There are limits on capacites even down the pyramid, so at Bromsgrove for example capacity is currently capped at 600 so as they'd normally pull 1k+ matches are now all ticket.

https://www.nottinghamshirefa.com/news/2020/oct/26/guidance-update-for-grassroots-football

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2020, 04:59:57 AM »
Yeah I can imagine the queue of people willing to pay 400 for Villa v Brighton.

So can I, especially if it's an FA Cup quarter final, Boxing Day or the opening match of the season.

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2020, 05:38:52 AM »
How will having a photo of the person who bought the ticket originally (perhaps months before) be better than a QR app on the day? Has the club actually explained how a photo will improve the situation? Trace and track works by confirming presence, with the individual volunteering their presence on the day. I cannot believe a public health official is going to scan through 10,000 photos to track and trace who went to a particular football match on a particular day. There are far better and easier methods.

Appreciate I have photo ID for getting into the gym (no one ever checks if I’ve passed the card to my son or daughter) and on occasion for getting into places where I need to see clients.

I think the club are being disingenuous saying it’s for Covid ... whether I’m against it or not overall maybe another matter. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2020, 10:09:03 AM »

I think the club are being disingenuous saying it’s for Covid ... whether I’m against it or not overall maybe another matter. 

But all clubs are being asked to implement this.

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2020, 10:16:59 AM »
Surely given the Data Protection Laws, they are legally forced into giving full and honest account of what and how this "Data" will be stored and used. Also who will have access to it!

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2020, 06:31:34 PM »
I’m not sure I agree with you Risso. As far as I read the statement it’s the club’s decision to ask for photo id not the premiership or the government.

“As part of our coronavirus safety features ...” later in the paragraph it says, “ this is to help ensure government guidelines on social distancing are maintained ...”

Indeed I can find no guidelines that have been issued about re-entry to premiership guidelines.

Maybe I’m wrong but I’m sure you correct me 😊

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal