collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Photo ID now required to purchase tickets  (Read 15988 times)

Offline Towser

• GM : 09.06.2024
Photo ID now required to purchase tickets
« on: October 21, 2020, 09:15:26 AM »
Upload your photo to your Ticketing account

We hope you are well - we're missing you at Villa Park.

While we are planning and preparing for your safe return whenever possible in line with government guidelines (see full update here) you can get match ticket ready by uploading your photo to your ticket account.

As part of our coronavirus safety features, all supporters will now need to a provide photo ID to gain entry. This is to help ensure government guidelines on social distancing are being maintained when it is possible to welcome you back to Villa Park.

Uploading your photo can be done online at tickets.avfc.co.uk, or through the Aston Villa app after clicking on ‘Tickets’.

You will not be able to purchase tickets without a valid Photo ID, so it is critical that you follow our handy guide to get your photo attached to your Ticketing Account.

Thank you as always for your support, we look forward to welcoming you back when it is safe and possible to do so.
VIEW GUIDE

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Photo ID now required to purchase tickets
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 10:21:19 AM »
Someone on Twitter has asked if you can upload two photo's to one ID has his wife sometimes goes when he can't.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 10:25:17 AM »
Someone on Twitter has asked if you can upload two photo's to one ID has his wife sometimes goes when he can't.

There's probably something in the small print about tickets being non-transferable

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 10:28:13 AM »
Why is my yoghurt knitting Sandal wearing liberal alarm sounding? Is Purslow going down the facial recognition route? Or am I reading too much into it.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 10:29:51 AM »
Why is my yoghurt knitting Sandal wearing liberal alarm sounding? Is Purslow going down the facial recognition route? Or am I reading too much into it.
You're reading too much into it.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 11:33:27 AM »

They're just trying to ensure that no contestants from "The Chop' can get into Villa Park.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 11:38:39 AM »
You're reading too much into it.
AV82 You are not reading enough into it.

Online exigo

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 12:50:32 PM »
It'll come in as a covid safety feature, but from the club's point of view it'll be a helpful way to clamp down on away ticket abuse.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 12:52:27 PM »
Right thing to do.  If they do let 10k in at some point there will be a massive clamour so it will stop people getting selected and selling on

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 01:16:33 PM »
We have three or four games a season where we can’t go so we always give them to someone else to use just for those games.

Will the people on the turnstiles be checking photos like passport control?

All this seems very sudden considering the outlook of getting back to games is very bleak at best.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 02:25:29 PM »
I think this is all about proving who is at the game or at the least proving who bought the tickets. Which means tracing people is easier and the clubs can evidence to the government that they are indeed doing everything they can.

The technology won't be there to do a check on arrival nor will the man(person)power.

Offline Gary Penrice

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2020, 03:45:50 PM »
I'm sure I'll be corrected but I can't think of another industry where I have to provide photo ID to purchase tickets  so I'll give it a miss thanks.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2020, 03:51:19 PM »
I bet it is something they’ve wanted to do for years and now there is a legitimate reason. I hope you’ll be able to transfer/upgrade kids tickets still...

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2020, 04:06:15 PM »
I'm sure I'll be corrected but I can't think of another industry where I have to provide photo ID to purchase tickets  so I'll give it a miss thanks.

Glastonbury these days.

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2020, 04:08:51 PM »
Yes, Glastonbury has had this for years. Stopped the touts in their tracks. It works well to be honest, been last 5 times. Those reluctant to do this - you do realise they know your seat and row number anyway and have extensive CCTV in the ground so could pick you out anyway. Only thing it will do is stop you letting a mate borrow your season card if you can't go to the game.

it's all pretty incidental anyway as can't see us getting back in there for a good while yet unfortunately :(

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal