collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leicester City 0-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 23572 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Leicester City 0-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2020, 11:28:24 PM »
We’re going to have games where we might not deserve to win, or we grind out a close game for a point, even three. Last year we lost almost all of those. This year we’re finding ways to win. That’s a massive, massive improvement.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #166 on: October 18, 2020, 11:30:10 PM »
Thoroughly professional job by the Villa.

That Italian defender marking Jack was like an Italian defender of yesteryear.  Decent player too who made it tough for Jack. Jack still had a big influence on the game even so.
I think you mean Castagne. He's Belgian mate but I take your point. The referee was way to lenient with him. He was kicking lumps out of Jack from the off but the ref didn't book him until late in the second half. I thought the ref was piss poor tonight.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2020, 11:31:25 PM »
Leeds is going to be a very similar game but we're no longer easily bullied like last season.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2020, 11:31:25 PM »
I agree even at 0-0 I thought it was a good game between two well matched sides. ‘Chappers’ is a no-nothing  ‘I bloody love soccer, me’ buffoon in the tim lovejoy mold only worse if that’s humanly possibly, and Murphy is a bitter little gnome. Fuck them.

Agreed, there's more than a faint whiff of the Lovejoy 'love me please, famous people' about him.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2020, 11:31:36 PM »
Also,Ross was 50/50 ,so fair fucking play to him.Oh,you wouldn't hear that from the motd experts.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2020, 11:32:17 PM »
I agree even at 0-0 I thought it was a good game between two well matched sides. ‘Chappers’ is a no-nothing  ‘I bloody love soccer, me’ buffoon in the tim lovejoy mold only worse if that’s humanly possibly, and Murphy is a bitter little gnome. Fuck them.

Agreed, there's more than a faint whiff of the Lovejoy 'love me please, famous people' about him.

This Lovejoy?  https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/42-Media/145-no-love-no-joy

Offline KevinGage

« Reply #171 on: October 18, 2020, 11:33:19 PM »

This Lovejoy?  https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/42-Media/145-no-love-no-joy

Any excuse. 

And rightly so.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #172 on: October 18, 2020, 11:34:50 PM »
Which makes for a dull game when you're trying to do a highlights package. And why anyones cares what Murphy says about us is beyond me. I hope everyone continues to understimate us while we keep collecting 3 points.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #173 on: October 18, 2020, 11:36:32 PM »
First words out of Danny Murphy's mouth "Leicester were without a lot of players and it showed" Someone else with an inexplicable dislike of the Villa. Oh well fuck him and fuck all the others who don't like us for no apparent reason.
Yes, he also said 'Villa set out to spoil the game'. I don't think that was the case at all.
Utter bollocks from Murphy. We set out to try to nullify what they are good at. They did the same. It's what decent teams and coaches do. Murphy is such a bellend.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #174 on: October 18, 2020, 11:38:33 PM »
Puzzled to be reading match reports saying it was a drab game, I thought it was very entertaining, end-to-end between two decent sides.

The transformation in our defence is incredible  and now we look like we’ve always got a goal in us too, we’ve got the makings of a very promising side. Really impressive.

Offline KevinGage

« Reply #175 on: October 18, 2020, 11:39:36 PM »
When you think of some of the cat vomit we've had to endure from the O'Neill years onwards (even when we won) it was night and day.

A pacey, aggressive performance from both sides.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #176 on: October 18, 2020, 11:47:08 PM »
Arsenal and Man U are 30/1 with a lot of bookies to win the league.  We're 33/1 with some of them.

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
« Reply #177 on: October 18, 2020, 11:48:26 PM »
Last time, just before lock down, i had to walk the 15 minutes home from the crisp bowl in the pissing rain knowing we were going down. What a turn around. Looking forward to the next few days. There will be lots of ready salted crisps eaten round here tonight. Looking forward to work. They were all great. Trezeguet's work rate was exceptional.

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #178 on: October 18, 2020, 11:48:39 PM »
Murphy always has a face like a slapped arse when talking about Villa.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #179 on: October 18, 2020, 11:49:48 PM »
"Leicester dealt with him and his teammates with far more rigour than Liverpool managed to do two weeks ago but Villa now have so much creative talent, on top of a solidified defence, that it is a cursed job trying to suppress them entirely. And they know it."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/18/leicester-aston-villa-premier-league-match-report

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal