collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Premier League reform proposals  (Read 34794 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Premier League reform proposals
« Reply #270 on: October 13, 2020, 09:39:46 PM »
Now I think of it, if they came back with a proposal that expanded the 'special shareholders' or whatever they're calling it so that it just excluded 5 clubs rather than 11 and kept the qualified voting threshold at 2/3 of the group of 15 I think avarice would do the rest for them.

It'd still be shit, whether it included us or not (it probably would - WBA, Brighton, Burnley, Sheff U and Palace/maybe Villa would likely be the ones to 'miss out'), but it'd sail through.

Us & Everton invited in as founder members, Leicester as former champions, Newcastle just because. Leeds & Wolves will vote for it as they're going to be in the top six any day now for ever and ever. There's your majority with a bit to spare.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #271 on: October 13, 2020, 09:41:44 PM »
What was the bit about the loan system being restructured so that the 'big 6' could hoard a stupid amount of top players? I've heard it mentioned but not seen it mentioned in the main articles.

I thought the 39th game was a stupid idea and they've been working on this for 3 years? That's got lawyer written all over it.

Offline danno

« Reply #272 on: October 13, 2020, 09:50:16 PM »
My paranoia thinks:

1) Extend "special status" to 14 with 9 votes needed to pass a motion
2) League is reduced to 18, making "special status" fairly worthless
3) Rich six and table scraps three, vote together to screw the rest

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #273 on: October 13, 2020, 10:17:18 PM »
What would happen if we were part of the Magic Group? Would it suddenly become a Good Thing?

Nope.  One club, one vote.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #274 on: October 13, 2020, 10:29:13 PM »
Terrible idea regardless of who is proposing it, I'm bemused so many are obsessing over who goes in which group.

Getting rid of the League Cup and removing 50% of the realistic trophy options for many competitors, effectively erasing the significance of huge swathes of our history in the process, is wank.

Reducing the league to eighteen clubs is wank.

Allowing a Premier League club a back door to avoid relegation at the expense of a Championship club is wank.

Rigging the voting procedure to shaft clubs who aren't part of any perceived elite (regardless of whether Villa are included) is wank.

Allowing clubs the capacity to veto new ownership of a potential rival is wank.

Even the Community Shield, while hardly the most prestigious event of the year, is fairly benign and, presumably, raises some money for worthy causes. Scrapping it so that Man U can play an extra friendly in some dubious regime for millions is wank.

Using a global pandemic as a means to threaten and cajole clubs to get your own way is wank.

Attach the whole proposal to a rocket with that massive wanker Parry strapped on and fire it into the fucking sun.

Wankers.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 10:32:03 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #275 on: October 13, 2020, 10:29:15 PM »
Are ‘the big 6’ worried about the up and coming oiks who have money and will threaten their position over the coming years?
Villa being a prime example.

Construct a new ruling cabal, modify and change the rules so that the interests of the current big 6 are protected for ever, and their position in the big 6 is secure forever.

God forbid should Villa or Leeds or Wolves be allowed to invest and improve and break into that exclusive club.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 10:30:55 PM by andyh »

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #276 on: October 13, 2020, 10:46:30 PM »
****** the fucking lot of them. Destroying domestic football. Should be dragged behind a horse.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #278 on: October 13, 2020, 11:03:10 PM »
The Community Shield money isn't massive in one go, as it's something like £5000 for each club that is in the first round. But in total that's 400k every year that won't be going into community projects.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2020, 12:11:33 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/oct/13/david-squires-on-project-big-small-print-selflessly-saving-english-football#comment-144474670

It's a complex situation with no quick fixes other than the Premier League comfortably affording to just pay the £250m EFL bailout and agreeing to a fairer distribution of tv revenue in the long run.

It's almost vomit-inducing that there'd be any conditions at all to this, let alone the ones that some grubbing ****** have proposed.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2020, 12:15:26 AM »
We ought to be condemning this out of hand.

Agree - it’s a bloody ridiculous idea.

I don't expect we will, but 100% agree.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2020, 01:21:35 AM »
What was the bit about the loan system being restructured so that the 'big 6' could hoard a stupid amount of top players? I've heard it mentioned but not seen it mentioned in the main articles.

I thought the 39th game was a stupid idea and they've been working on this for 3 years? That's got lawyer written all over it.

That, and Liverpool and Citeh are obviously a bit miffed that the 5 sub rule didn't get the go ahead.

For Citeh in particular you can see why that would be irksome. Ensuring brainwaves of a similar nature in future get through without scrutiny is the way to go.

For the Redscouse, all it takes is one title win in the last 30 years and they want to reinvent the wheel.

A pox on both their houses.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #283 on: October 14, 2020, 06:30:24 AM »
Villa have managed to attract a number of 'top prospects' for the youth team this summer often, it is alleged, from under the noses of the 'big six'.

Another sign that the tectonic plates are shifting and yet more reasons for panic amongst the chosen one's.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2020, 09:02:25 AM »
The usual suspects have wanted to leave the league for years and form a European super league. Let them do it. Avaricious ******.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal