collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world  (Read 513168 times)

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
21 according to Wiki for most clean sheets in the PL. Makes me wonder if the article writer "dyslexia-ed" the number when typing up his table.

Also seems James also conceded the most goals for a keeper in PL history as well. Probably down to his concentration levels sometimes.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
A sweet video with Bozzie and Friedel:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/video/0_xwbkcbpg

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
Anyone feel a bit emotional when Bosnich mentioned leading us to our first major trophy since 96? 🥹

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
From Twitter, a nice video of Emi's best bits v Leicester: https://twitter.com/buendiazboyz/status/1643408016077619201?s=20

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Wrong thread

Offline rooboy316

• GM : 27.09.2024
Didn't have a lot to do, aside from a good save off Isak - the kind that is becoming expected, par for the course for him. But special mention to for his distribution. Clearly the instructions changed, and he was asked to play it long or dink it over to the fullbacks more often, which he did with aplomb.

Offline Neil Hawkes

Perhaps his best save of the game was from the cross to Wilson; he stayed in position long enough to cover any contact Wilson may have got, and when Wilson couldn't connect, he was still able to pull off the save from the cross that was still going in at the far post.

His positioning, and reflexes, are exceptional.

Offline Baldy

Didn't have a lot to do, aside from a good save off Isak - the kind that is becoming expected, par for the course for him. But special mention to for his distribution. Clearly the instructions changed, and he was asked to play it long or dink it over to the fullbacks more often, which he did with aplomb.

I owe big Emi an apology. When he returned from the World Cup his constant delaying tactics had me scratching my head. Sending me and others, nuts!! A few months later, I now realise it was all to allow himself and the team adapt to our new style of play, get into proper position etc

Now his distribution is fantastic. Options galore. Has the opponents scratching their heads.

Sorry Emi.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 12:10:07 PM by Baldy »

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024

I had a lovely clear view from Lower North of that save. I love watching a keeper in full flight; and in that bright yellow kit, in contrast to the crowd behind, it looked magnificent.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
His distribution was excellent on Saturday.  McGinn had his work cut out against Burn's height and strength, so needed balls right into his gut, which Emi seemed to find pretty much every time.  And the way McGinn handled them and Burn was absolutely superb.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
Was with a mate whose last game was Arsenal and he commented how much better his distribution was on Saturday compared to that day.

Online astonvilla82

His distribution was excellent on Saturday.  McGinn had his work cut out against Burn's height and strength, so needed balls right into his gut, which Emi seemed to find pretty much every time.  And the way McGinn handled them and Burn was absolutely superb.
if other premiership manager was looking at dealing with Burn,he just needs to look at Mcginn s awful treatment of him,loved the way he ploughed through the Newcastle defenders for the third goal,he reminded of a certain Eamonn Deacy

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Emi's a world class goalkeeper he's a winner and that's what I love about him.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
He really is our best player isn't he? Everything goes to shit without him.

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
He really is our best player isn't he? Everything goes to shit without him.

Even when he has the shits he's the best player on the pitch.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal