collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world  (Read 513189 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: Emiliano Martinez - signed
« Reply #1965 on: November 14, 2022, 10:34:11 AM »
The most comical moment yesterday was him squaring up to Dunk for no reason whatsoever other than he had been told quite politely to take the free kick a little bit quicker in injury time.  He even laughed as he couldn’t keep up the faux anger.  Just terrific.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1966 on: November 14, 2022, 10:47:37 AM »
Is he the highest profile keeper in the Prem?  I can't think of another keeper who is better than him or that much better than him and when you add in all the other "attributes" to his game he's the best all round for me. Even so, would Pope, Pickford, Ramsdale, Dehay, Allison, Ederson or who ever improve us? I don't think so.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1967 on: November 14, 2022, 10:51:36 AM »
Is he the highest profile keeper in the Prem?  I can't think of another keeper who is better than him or that much better than him and when you add in all the other "attributes" to his game he's the best all round for me. Even so, would Pope, Pickford, Ramsdale, Dehay, Allison, Ederson or who ever improve us? I don't think so.

I was musing exactly this last night. I certainly wouldn't swap him for any of them, especially Pickford with his comedy performance at Bournemouth on Saturday. He made Olsen look like Lev Yashin.

Offline Brend'Watkins

« Reply #1968 on: November 14, 2022, 10:57:47 AM »

I was musing exactly this last night. I certainly wouldn't swap him for any of them, especially Pickford with his comedy performance at Bournemouth on Saturday. He made Olsen look like Lev Yashin.

Pickford is an average keeper and yes, Olsen would be better as an England keeper as Southgate would be physically sick at the thought of playing it out from the back so his passing of the ball to the opposition would never be a concern. 

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1969 on: November 14, 2022, 11:01:15 AM »
I'm of the opinion that if visitors from another world turned up and challenged us to a game, Martinez has to be between the sticks for us Earthicans. I'm not saying he's the best keeper on this planet, but he has a certain intangible quality which would soon see those grey, goggly-eyed ****** sent packing.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #1970 on: November 14, 2022, 11:03:50 AM »
I'm of the opinion that if visitors from another world turned up and challenged us to a game, Martinez has to be between the sticks for us Earthicans. I'm not saying he's the best keeper on this planet, but he has a certain intangible quality which would soon see those grey, goggly-eyed ****** sent packing.

Treading on their tentacles at corners, whistling in a pitch that causes them severe torment and interferes with their telepathy, that sort of thing.

Offline Brend'Watkins

« Reply #1971 on: November 14, 2022, 11:16:15 AM »

Treading on their tentacles at corners, whistling in a pitch that causes them severe torment and interferes with their telepathy, that sort of thing.

He would revert to Quantum Shithousery and nudge the opposition into wormholes.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #1972 on: November 14, 2022, 11:19:38 AM »
Lots space-time wasting

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1973 on: November 14, 2022, 11:48:00 AM »

I can't believe Pickford is still England's first choice keeper. I'd have Pope ahead of him.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #1974 on: November 14, 2022, 11:54:23 AM »

I can't believe Pickford is still England's first choice keeper. I'd have Pope ahead of him.

I'd have the actual Pope in front of him, he keeps goal like he's powered only on 90's full strength Sunny D.

Offline qwerty

« Reply #1975 on: November 14, 2022, 12:10:37 PM »
I wouldn’t swap Martinez for anybody, with the possible exception of Allison.

With regard to England’s keeper, Pope’s kicking has always been poor and it has not improved much at Newcastle.

Ramsdale is far superior in that respect.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1976 on: November 14, 2022, 12:13:28 PM »

Plus we could list him on the team sheet as Emi Martianez which would probably throw them.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1977 on: November 14, 2022, 12:16:54 PM »

I think Ederson's skill with the ball at his feet is really something. If Martinez had that level of control of the ball, then he'd undoubtedly be the best by a mile.

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #1979 on: November 16, 2022, 09:26:40 AM »
Emi saying that he played with tight groin in Brighton game and that we needed the three points desperately.
So close to WC too.
Just fucking love this bloke.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal