collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Teams we'll finish above next season  (Read 44412 times)

Offline danno

Re: Teams we'll finish above next season
« Reply #180 on: August 06, 2021, 08:54:19 AM »
There are 3 mini leagues
The 3 promoted teams + Newcastle Palace Brighton Southampton Burnley
The top 4 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' Citeh Manure Putin FC
Then
Villa Leeds Leicester Arse  Spuds spam Everton wolves - all these teams are capable of beating each other and occasionally giving a blood nose to the top 4

Definitely. I think possibly West Ham managing sixth last season has made me more optimistic than realistic. But a good signing in midfield and luck with injuries and I think we could still have a good season.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2021, 09:34:28 PM »
There are 3 mini leagues
Then
Villa Leeds Leicester Arse  Spuds spam Everton wolves - all these teams are capable of beating each other and occasionally giving a blood nose to the top 4

Definitely. I think possibly West Ham managing sixth last season has made me more optimistic than realistic. But a good signing in midfield and luck with injuries and I think we could still have a good season.
i think Liverpool are also a bit vulnerable , the top 3 cemented.

Offline danno

« Reply #182 on: August 06, 2021, 09:39:15 PM »
There are 3 mini leagues
Then

i think Liverpool are also a bit vulnerable , the top 3 cemented.

They finished last season well, Might hinge on how well Van Dijk and Gomez have recovered. I also think the average age of their first team will have a few worried. Probably not this season, but it looks like a team that needs a big refresh sooner rather than later. Lots of players in the 28-32 range.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 09:43:12 PM by danno »

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2021, 09:48:21 PM »
Top 4 are nailed on it looks like. City to win pulling up. Chelsea maybe to push them hard if they get Lukaku. United and Liverpool bit further adrift. Liverpool as others have said have a number of players that seem to be past their best. Thought they would have invested more this summer. Fofana is a huge loss to Leicester so hard to see them being as close again, thought Vardy looked his age towards the end of last season too.

Best of the rest, very hard to know. Think West Ham will be back struggling again. Bottom 3, Norwich to sink again, Burnley and Palace.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #184 on: August 06, 2021, 10:17:44 PM »
Signing Lukaku would be madness. They'd have been much better getting Ings for a fraction of the price to keep them going until Haaland is half price. I'm glad they didn't.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #185 on: August 06, 2021, 10:51:31 PM »
Chelsea have the best tactical coach. Guardiola is morphing into Wenger just with much better players and far more money. Won't deviate from his plan and his answer is to buy more technically gifted attaching midfielders. Tuchel appears much more pragmatic, and I actually think Lukaku is exactly what they need. Liverpool have bought a centre back in, but there was sky of talk that Salah and Mane wanted out. I think they will be on the brink of missing out this time. United look a good squad with a very average manager. Should be pushing for the title but won't be.

I think Leicester have made 3 very good signings, and could get up there into that top 4, but need a centre half quickly. If they go for Zouma, then going by Peponomics Lukaku is free for Chelsea with all their sales too.

After that, Spurs, Arsenal, Villa, Leeds, West Ham and Everton. Its a strong league, but with 2 more signings, the right ones in midfield and creatively, I think we've got the next best squad now. Midfield is the obvious weakness. Leeds will do well again but come unstuck in certain games. Arsenal have bought really really well for me so far. Think they will take a step forward. Everton... Rafa will be pragmatic and getting out good points.

I think 7th would be a really good season for us and a cup run. Then add a couple of good players next summer and have a pop at top 6.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #186 on: August 06, 2021, 11:02:53 PM »
Really annoying if Spurs hang onto Kane at end of this all, they'll finish above us yet again if they do and I don't see them top 6 so we won't be finishing that high in the league if that plays out.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2021, 11:04:28 PM »
I know it's unlikely but I would fucking love it if Man City have an inury crisis, get knocked out of the Champions League early and finish 5th. We then finish top 4, and tens of thousands of middle fingers are simulataneously pointed in Greasy's direction in Manchester.

Beating them in one of the cup finals is the ultimate for me (and a bit more realistic). Goes to penalties and Emi saves the decisive one from Grealish.

That would be the ultimate FU moment to me as thousands sing "Grealish what's the score" as we go to collect the trophy.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #188 on: August 06, 2021, 11:29:38 PM »
Signing Lukaku would be madness. They'd have been much better getting Ings for a fraction of the price to keep them going until Haaland is half price. I'm glad they didn't.

Lukaku is bloody brilliant. He’s come on a lot.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #189 on: August 06, 2021, 11:35:23 PM »
Maybe, but he's 29 and will cost well over £100 million. Haaland could be the best striker on Earth for the next decade and is available for about £60 million next season.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2021, 08:09:07 AM »
Lukaku is a poor mans Kienan Davis.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2021, 09:44:45 AM »
He's been a 1 goal in 2 striker all his career. Massively overpriced maybe, but i'm not sure Chelsea are looking for VFM.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2021, 09:51:00 AM »
Really annoying if Spurs hang onto Kane at end of this all, they'll finish above us yet again if they do and I don't see them top 6 so we won't be finishing that high in the league if that plays out.

There's a lot of supposition in that post to be honest. Why can't we finish top 6 and why are Spurs so important as to our final position? We've just added a striker who scored 22 goals in the league two seasons ago, on top of two brilliant players in Buendia and Bailey.

Offline danno

« Reply #193 on: August 07, 2021, 10:00:40 AM »
Kane’s ankles are not exactly Shaun Teale durable either

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #194 on: August 07, 2021, 10:06:27 AM »
Smith has said the goal is Europe.

With Ings and Watkins up top, Bailey, Buendia, Traore, El Ghazi, Chuck and JPB there is significant firepower. Why not top 6?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal