collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 09:58:25 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:51:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:51:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Teams we'll finish above next season  (Read 44330 times)

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Re: Teams we'll finish above next season
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2021, 08:42:14 AM »
But what about Mason Mount...?

He looked a sick as a parrot at the end of yesterday's game. Wonder if Tuchel sees in him what Fat Frank did.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2021, 10:40:55 PM »
Bump

I won't quote my lengthy pre season and mid season posts but they are to be seen earlier in the thread.

In summary, we finished in the bracket I thought we might at the start of the season (10-13). West Ham and Leeds were better than predicted, Southampton and Wolves worse.

Delighted with the season but reading my comments at halfway it is disappointing we dropped off. Also, might Jack have won player of the season if he stayed fit? There's always next year.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:42:38 PM by Meanwood Villa »

Online Meanwood Villa

« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2021, 10:44:04 PM »
Probably worth mentioning as well, I'm sure we were third favourites to go down before a ball was kicked. This seemed harsh to me at the time but really brings home the improvement this season.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2021, 10:47:34 PM »
Next season we shouldn't be troubled by:

Any of the three promoted clubs
Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle, Palace, Southampton

You would then think that us, Wolves, Leeds, Everton and Arsenal will he hoping for a better season.

You can't imagine that West Ham will be as good again, and I think Spurs' troubles will haunt them, so top 8 as a minimum has to be our target really.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2021, 10:51:17 PM »
Southampton are weird, they could finish top six or get relegated.

I'd expect all of the top four to be better next season. Difficult to know how much better Arsenal or Tottenham will be and whether Leicester or West Ham will fade, but I reckon top six shouldn't be a pipe dream.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:52:54 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2021, 10:55:16 PM »
Southampton are weird, they could finish top six or get relegated.

I'd expect all of the top four to be better next season. Difficult to know how much better Arsenal or Tottenham will be and whether Leicester or West Ham will fade, but I reckon top six shouldn't be a pipe dream.

It's a pisser that the top 4 finished as it did, as being out of the Champions League at least weakens them slightly in financial terms and in attracting new players. Now though, it's very much "as you were."

Online Meanwood Villa

« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2021, 10:55:33 PM »
I wasn't necessarily expecting predictions for next season, more a reflection on this one. But if that's where we're going I'd like to think we can make a concerted effort to finish top 7, which will likely be enough for Europe. Our year for the cup as well.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2021, 10:56:05 PM »
Agreed, still better than the nightmare scerio of England having five representatives which was possible before today.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2021, 11:11:47 PM »
Two from Palace, Newcastle, West Ham and Burnley please. Should mean we're hitting a mid table spot if we can do that. Certainly won't be getting relegated as think WBA and Fulham are nailed on to be the bottom two.

Yay.

Disappointed we couldn't end up above Arsenal in the end giben it was our best chance since mid 90s but they did end up with 6 wins out of 7 or something so their best run of the season.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2021, 06:41:00 AM »
Looking back, I'd expected to finish around 15th, with a wildly optimistic hope that a brilliant season would see us finish 10th-12th.

Quite chuffed with how things have panned out, and the results from the last couple of games have really put the shine back on this season for me.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2021, 06:58:52 AM »
If our main man hadn't missed 12 games we would almost certainly have finished top eight

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #161 on: May 24, 2021, 07:35:22 AM »
If our main man hadn't missed 12 games we would almost certainly have finished top eight
If you read the comments from Chelsea fans from yesterdays game, about how they're "rubbish" without Kante .... I don't think we're the only ones by any stretch who struggle in the absence of our one world class player.  There just aren't that many of them about that many teams get more than one Jack-quality player.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2021, 08:39:41 AM »
If you read the comments from Chelsea fans from yesterdays game, about how they're "rubbish" without Kante .... I don't think we're the only ones by any stretch who struggle in the absence of our one world class player.  There just aren't that many of them about that many teams get more than one Jack-quality player.

I'll tell you what, if we had Kante, we'd have been pushing way higher up the table. No doubt in my mind.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2021, 08:44:32 AM »

I'll tell you what, if we had Kante, we'd have been pushing way higher up the table. No doubt in my mind.
agree the DM situation has been a problematic this season. Nakamba did a fairly good impersonation of him yesterday though.

Online AllanW

« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2021, 11:03:26 AM »
Not worth making predictions where we'll finish next season until after the pre-season and Summer transfers have been finalised. Much can change in the next 12 weeks.

One aspect fo next years' PL might be the german manager aspect;

Klopp,
Tuechel,
Hasenhuttl (yes I know he's Austrian but still),
Franke
and possibly Frankel of Brentford.

And that's without knowing who might be in charge at Palace, Sperms, Dog-heads and Tha' Toon who all look likely to change.

More than the English of Moyes, Smith, Potter and Dyche.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal