collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Teams we'll finish above next season  (Read 43729 times)

Offline wince

Re: Teams we'll finish above next season
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2020, 12:36:27 AM »
Oh to go into the last game without a care...for the right reasons, obviously
The dream!

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2020, 08:51:51 AM »
2 wingers, a striker and a number 8  of quality before the window shuts, 12th - 10th should be the target.

1 winger and no striker and number 8, 14th-16th

Offline Baldy

« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2020, 11:10:18 AM »
Unfortunate circumstances, but the lockdown probably saved us from relegation last season. Why? You probably asked and I replied:

Because Deano was given a chance 'to stop and take stock'. Deano had a chance to reflect on his own mistakes (as well as the players) and instead of a downward spiral we came back stronger and better organised. Deano used that time wisely and proved his ability to learn and adapt.

Now, with one Premier League season under his own belt, I am expecting a much better performance from our Manager and am confident he will deliver. IMHO, even if our squad remained the same as last season a much enlightened Deano would keep us above WBA, Fulham and Brighton.

However, with the new additions, a more experienced and improved squad and an enlightened Deano, I would expect us to finish above the aforementioned three plus Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Burnley, Leeds, Sheff Utd and West Ham. Between 10th and 12th would do nicely for the coming season.

Extremely difficult mission accomplished last season (just about) but this season I am confident a much more experienced Mr Smith is going to be a real asset and have us reaching for the stars.

I'm going back to bed now.  :)

« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 11:13:40 AM by Baldy »

Offline Baldy

« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2020, 11:37:05 AM »
Unfortunate circumstances, but the lockdown probably saved us from relegation last season. Why? You probably asked and I replied:

Because Deano was given a chance 'to stop and take stock'. Deano had a chance to reflect on his own mistakes (as well as the players) and instead of a downward spiral we came back stronger and better organised. Deano used that time wisely and proved his ability to learn and adapt.

Now, with one Premier League season under his own belt, I am expecting a much better performance from our Manager and am confident he will deliver. IMHO, even if our squad remained the same as last season a much enlightened Deano would keep us above WBA, Fulham and Brighton.

However, with the new additions, a more experienced and improved squad and an enlightened Deano, I would expect us to finish above the aforementioned three plus Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Burnley, Leeds, Sheff Utd and West Ham. Between 10th and 12th would do nicely for the coming season.

Extremely difficult mission accomplished last season (just about) but this season I am confident a much more experienced Mr Smith is going to be a real asset and have us reaching for the stars instead of rummaging in the basement.

I'm going back to bed now.  :)

Offline johnny from donny

« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2020, 01:59:38 PM »
Just heard Paul Merson on soccer Saturday  say he expects us to finish 15th and that's good progress.  Hard to disagree with that but I reckon a couple of places higher is doable. Finish above Palace, Leeds, WBA, Fulham Brighton West Ham Newcastle and Southampton. To be fair,  I don't think there will be a massive points difference between 9th and 15th

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2020, 07:53:23 PM »
I thought Palace would struggle. Fkrs.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2020, 07:59:37 PM »
Fulham and West Brom are already in trouble and just look at West Ham's fixtures till November. Time to get some points on the board and embrace mid-table mediocrity.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2020, 08:02:58 PM »
I hope we come roaring out of the blocks and smash Sheff U on Monday.  Be good to have a few teams on zero points after the first two games, teams that do that usually struggle to turn it round.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2020, 08:31:54 PM »
Where we finish in the table depends to a degree on what others do. However if we finish with a goal difference of 0 or better then I think we'll have done very well.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2020, 09:53:46 PM »
Looking at the defences of WBA, Fulham, Leeds and West Ham, we don't deserve much if we can't finish above them.   

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2020, 10:26:20 AM »
Curently mid-table and challenging for a top four spot if we put four past Sheffield Utd tomorrow.

I could handle that come the end of the season :)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2020, 12:17:54 PM »
Back to the initial question.

All of them. Though I won't put my house on it.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2020, 01:52:33 PM »
Palace have already ripped up the conventional wisdom they would struggle - only 2 games but frankly pretty impressive and if Zaha stays they’ll be fine.

Fulham and WBA to form - without major additions they’ll struggle.

I still think we need to manage expectations - Cash and Watkins will take time to acclimate to PL, think we are still short a creative and defensive midfielder, and Traoré is unpredictable. And there are no easy points in the PL.

Anything above 15th would be a very good season in my eyes. Top 10 would be exceptional and a major surprise.

Offline charlatan

« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2020, 03:02:34 PM »
And there are no easy points in the PL.

Newcastle have been doing their level best to prove you wrong in the hour since you wrote that.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2020, 03:12:55 PM »
Can't see WBA and Fulham doing much - especially if they don't strengthen before the window closes.
Leeds will be hit or miss. Can see them winning some big games, but then getting smashed in some.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal