collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Dogtanian
[Today at 02:08:07 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 02:05:07 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Richard
[Today at 02:03:24 PM]

[Today at 02:01:53 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by CT Villan
[Today at 01:59:17 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:59:06 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:58:24 PM]

[Today at 01:56:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Talk Sport 2  (Read 7867 times)

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
Talk Sport 2
« on: September 05, 2020, 09:59:27 AM »
It's been a while since this was mentioned but have been listening to it for the last year, mostly on my long commute to work. I have now managed to filter out those appalling ads so that I can catch up with the news and now tune in regularly. I have found it reasonably entertaining and nowhere near as bad as you lot said. I have never heard Brazil, so that might be a reason.
Anyway, I wanted to ask-is there a Talk Sport 1? Just curious as I can't find it if there is one and what sports radio would you recommend-my commute is an hour each way minimum and usually 8.00 am and 4 pm. Ta.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Talk Sport 2
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 11:33:04 AM »
There is a TalkSport 1, but is just called TalkSport.  I find it a really hit and miss bunch of shows though with Illiterate Alan Brazil and Ally 'I think I'm really funny' McCoist in.  Shouty Jim White on afterwards, although I do find Simon Jordan talks some sense.  Hawksby and Jacobs are a really non-funny pair of air fillers.  Adrian Durham just winds people up but can be ok on the drive home.

Offline kipeye

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 12:00:56 PM »
Cheers Newby. That probably explains why I haven't heard Brazil. Not sure why I can't find it on DAB or FM, not that I want to now.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 12:17:38 PM »
I have a really low bar with stuff like this and can easily put up with listening to rubbish presenters without getting annoyed

but even for me Jim White, Jason Cundy and Andy Goldstein are absolute wankspangles

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 12:23:54 PM »
H and J are probably the best of a bad bunch.

Offline Steve67

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 12:24:00 PM »
I have a really low bar with stuff like this and can easily put up with listening to rubbish presenters without getting annoyed

but even for me Jim White, Jason Cundy and Andy Goldstein are absolute wankspangles

Wankspangles may become my word of the day.   I couldn't agree more.  There are days when I just can't listen to Brazil or Durham as my tolerance of their winding up is low.  The Moose is also a fuckwit.  They are the Daily Star of the airwaves.  Saturday football coverage is pretty good though and Durham is very good at that.   On a different note, I am pleased that Soccer Saturday has had a cull.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 12:34:50 PM »

I'd go along with this, and add Simon Jordan and Danny Kelly to my own non-wankspangle list.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 12:40:16 PM »

Each to his own but I can't stand either of them, or that bloody idiot Moose.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 01:03:48 PM »
I can't listen to TalkSport any more.

Years ago; I used to like the Sports Breakfast with Parry & Brazil. And then there was a two Mikes show with Parry and Mike Graham, which was on through the night - that was funny. The rest is Aids for your ears.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 01:40:04 PM »
I reckon Laura Woods is ok on the breakfast show Monday to Wednesday, Brazil now only does Thursday and Friday. I agree about The Moose, absolutely useless.

Offline Steve67

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2020, 01:43:29 PM »

I'd go along with this, and add Simon Jordan and Danny Kelly to my own non-wankspangle list.

Danny Kelly was the other one I was trying to recall, seems a decent guy. Too good for that shit.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2020, 10:39:59 PM »
I wouldn't admit to polite society that I'd ever listened to TalkSport, but to you lot, I think Hawksbee and Jacobs are excellent and Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning's Sunday morning show is also really good. Danny Kelly is also a great broadcaster.  The rest of it is total shit, however.

Offline villabear

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2020, 08:16:48 AM »
I have to filter my listening depending who’s on. Hawkesbee and Jacobs are OK if only to listen to Andy Jacobs rants after Chelsea fail to do anything other than win every game comprehensively. I really like Max Rushden’s self deprecating style and him and Barry Glendenning are very good, although now teamed up also with Charlie Baker on Saturday who’s a funny bloke.
Danny Kelly is excellent especially as they sometimes pair him up with any old co presenter. Durham is very good at what he does, throws out the bait and waits for the bites. Simon Jordan is very good especially when talking through football finance issues.
The list of awful contributors is so long though. Abrahams mumbling “my best mate” routine, Darren Gough being the font of all knowledge, Brazil’s comedy freebee pisshead act. Danny Murphy, he’s angry isn’t he? Bob Mills from Win, lose or draw. Eh, have I missed something?
Two stand out for me though for different reasons. One being Andy Goldstein. If anyone is more in love with himself and his opinions I don’t think I’ve heard them, totally dismissing and condescending to anyone who disagrees with him. The other is Jim White, the ‘face’ of transfer deadline day and all round sycophantic friend of the footballing world. I turned on this week and heard “let’s hear a clip of Andros Townsend and let me say do you know what I have so I’ve been so impressed with him since he joined us here on Talksport his contributions have been magnificent”. It must take him an age every day lubing himself up the amount of backsides he goes up.
Natalie Sawyer, she’s awful too.

Offline dave17

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2020, 08:19:29 AM »
I wouldn't admit to polite society that I'd ever listened to TalkSport, but to you lot, I think Hawksbee and Jacobs are excellent and Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning's Sunday morning show is also really good. Danny Kelly is also a great broadcaster.  The rest of it is total shit, however.
i really like football weekly. The absence of any ex pro has always been a benefit. (They had the odd one but always a shit show)

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2020, 10:47:00 AM »
Talksport.  Radio for people who think BBC 5 Live is too high-brow.  And considering how that station's output has deteriorated in recent times the bar isn't set particularly high. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal