collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Talk Sport 2  (Read 7839 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Talk Sport 2
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2020, 10:50:42 AM »
I wouldn't admit to polite society that I'd ever listened to TalkSport, but to you lot, I think Hawksbee and Jacobs are excellent and Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning's Sunday morning show is also really good. Danny Kelly is also a great broadcaster.  The rest of it is total shit, however.
i really like football weekly. The absence of any ex pro has always been a benefit. (They had the odd one but always a shit show)

Football Weekly is a staple for me, as is the Football Ramble (originally because my mate is part of it, but I think it's just genuinely good too).

Offline Damo70

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2020, 12:24:56 PM »
Hawksbee & Jacobs are excellent broadcasters. They can do both the serious stuff and the humorous stuff equally well. They are a very good combination. Hawksbee is the upbeat one and Jacobs is the world weary one.
I quite like 'The Two Mikes'. Mike Parry is actually a very intelligent and knowledegable journalist but most of the time he prefers to be controversial just for the sake of it or he plays the buffoon.

Some of the best memories I have of Talksport was when Colin Murray and Keith Gillespie went out to Euro 2016 to cover Northern Ireland. They were basically broadcasting whilst being pissed for the entire time they were out there.

As mentioned above Rushden and Glendenning are a good listen and Danny Kelly is always ecellent.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 12:31:31 PM by Damo70 »

Online Jimsta

• GM : 13.05.2020
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2020, 03:17:31 PM »
Living in Thailand i listen to Talk sport often as keeps me upto date whats happening in the UK,
Before i did enjoy Alan Brazil in the morning ( Midday Here ) but changed to Thursday and Friday, The Monday to Wednesday Laura Woods is terrible and Mccoist laugh at his own jokes for 10 minutes which not funny at all.
Jim 10 - 1 believes his own hype but only listen when Simon Jordan is in as like his Knowledge whats goes on behind the club.
H and J i do like, ( i'm usually driving home this time) clips of the week sometime really funny.
Drive time winds me up and usually switched off by then as can't stand him with Gough sorry forget his name. Think his a peterborough an.
In the Morning guest Rupert Bell  is good as speaks sense about the Villa.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2020, 04:03:11 PM »
I wouldn't admit to polite society that I'd ever listened to TalkSport, but to you lot, I think Hawksbee and Jacobs are excellent and Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning's Sunday morning show is also really good. Danny Kelly is also a great broadcaster.  The rest of it is total shit, however.

I agree with Sexual Ealing.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2020, 04:05:03 PM »
Talksport.  Radio for people who think BBC 5 Live is too high-brow.  And considering how that station's output has deteriorated in recent times the bar isn't set particularly high. 

Radio 5 is basically mumsnet radio, I'd flit between Radio 4 and Talksport when travelling.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2020, 04:18:12 PM »
I usually have podcasts on these days when travelling - or sometimes I drive in silence - it's the only peace and quiet I get.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2020, 09:35:57 PM »
When I was pretty ill a few years back I listened to Talksport whilst I was in hospital. When I got back home I was confined to bed and on a lot of medication which caused me to drift in and out of sleep. I found it hard to concentrate on TV for long so being able to put Talksport on at any hour of the day or night (even if a lot of the time I fell asleep) was what kept me sane. I even started to enjoy the quaint discussions on 'Fisherman's Blues' even though I have no knowledge of or interest in fishing. I am pretty sure the guy Nigel who does it knows each and every one of his callers personally.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2020, 09:08:45 AM »
The last time I listened to Talk Sport properly was when Collymore was on there. I found him quite listenable.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2020, 09:26:25 AM »
He certainly was. Gets a bit too angry but he's coming from the right place (I don't mean Cannock).

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2020, 09:28:55 AM »
It's owned by Rupert Murdoch. That's all you need to know.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2020, 09:30:01 AM »
There is that.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2020, 09:59:57 AM »
On principle would not watch or listen to anything Murdoch is involved in, he is a prime example of whats wrong in the world. Despicable individual.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2020, 10:34:49 AM »
Anything Murdoch owns I try to boycott on principle. Sky, The Sun, Talksport, The Times all ignored. Along with the cesspools of Facebook and Twitter, my life is immeasurably better ignoring people having opinions for money.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2020, 01:06:57 PM »
Over here Fox News is filled with far right idiots just like in the states, avoid it like the plague.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2020, 01:17:44 PM »
Anything Murdoch owns I try to boycott on principle. Sky, The Sun, Talksport, The Times all ignored. Along with the cesspools of Facebook and Twitter, my life is immeasurably better ignoring people having opinions for money.

He doesn't have an interest in Sky anymore I believe.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal