collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matty Cash - signed  (Read 85057 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Matty Cash - signed
« Reply #600 on: April 22, 2021, 09:30:28 AM »
Cash has been great for us. Smith apparently had a good go at him in the dressing room which is right and proper, he deserved it for that 3 minutes. I'm sure there's nobody more upset about it than Cash himself.

I think it's true it cost us the chance to get back into the game too.

Foden is an exceptional talent and may be one that keeps Grealish out of the England side, though I'd like to see them both in there.

When you've got a side like City, who are so adept at moving the ball around, having a player like Traore in front of you doesn't really help and our other midfielders were shown up as lacking too. It's a shame for Cash that nobody (Mings, McGinn) went over and had a word after the first booking.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #601 on: April 22, 2021, 09:39:20 AM »
Has anyone checked the movement on betting odds around about when Cash picked up his mindless second yellow? If something similar  happened in a cricket match there would be an enquiry in place.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #602 on: April 22, 2021, 09:48:14 AM »
He needs somebody better in front of him. Part of the reason for Targett's uplift in form was how brilliant Jack was at the start of the season I reckon. It must give you so much confidence having somebody that good in front of you, and because teams were spending so much time trying to deal with Jack, they weren't overloading our left hand side like they did last season.

In fairness to Cash, he has had a lot better first season for us than Targett did. Targett was beyond dire last season even with Jack in front of him. Bang average teams like Sheff United used play ever single ball into our left channel to target Matt. It's not at that stage for Cash yet but his habit of diving in like a hero at every opportunity is being exposed regularly now by opponents. Kane only a few weeks ago mugged him for that idiotic penalty that killed that game. Needs to change his game and quickly.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #603 on: April 22, 2021, 10:06:15 AM »
It's a shame for Cash that nobody (Mings, McGinn) went over and had a word after the first booking.

In fairness, it's not the first time he's been booked this season and they didn't expect him to be so bone-headed less than five minutes later.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #604 on: April 22, 2021, 10:07:39 AM »
He needs somebody better in front of him. Part of the reason for Targett's uplift in form was how brilliant Jack was at the start of the season I reckon. It must give you so much confidence having somebody that good in front of you, and because teams were spending so much time trying to deal with Jack, they weren't overloading our left hand side like they did last season.

In fairness to Cash, he has had a lot better first season for us than Targett did. Targett was beyond dire last season even with Jack in front of him. Bang average teams like Sheff United used play ever single ball into our left channel to target Matt. It's not at that stage for Cash yet but his habit of diving in like a hero at every opportunity is being exposed regularly now by opponents. Kane only a few weeks ago mugged him for that idiotic penalty that killed that game. Needs to change his game and quickly.
I can't argue with that assessment.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #605 on: April 22, 2021, 10:29:59 AM »
I’m a bit jury’s out on Cash to be honest and I’ll reserve judgment until next season.  One thing that does surprise me is that a poster gets called a sad twat for having an opinion seemingly without any apology for it.  The poster then gets mullered over making a comment about it within seconds of the final whistle going.  Isn’t it generally when people comment on players’ performances er after the game?  I’ve seen people on here calling for Managers to be sacked at Half Time in the past!

With you on this one. And please don’t pick Elmo ( we all know Fred should still be here and have been given game time, that’s how you get competition) he’s leaving in the summer, let our young right back have some experience, that’s how they get experience by playing you know!

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #606 on: April 22, 2021, 12:23:17 PM »
It was a rash tackle, and clearly a big mistake that cost us - but in the overall scheme of things, if he "needed" to learn from a mistake like that, then I'd rather it was against Man City when we're already losing, instead of a tight game that we need to win. I hope it's a mistake he only ever makes once.

We've clearly shown that as a club we're now capable of coaching young defenders into big improvements on the pitch, with Konsa and Targett good examples of that, and I expect to see Cash kick on again next season.  He has all the attributes to be a top, top full-back.

I think I'm right in saying this is still only his second season as a full-back having converted from a winger? The second booking last night was 100% a frustrated winger's tackle, he was pissed at the miss-control and went too far trying to rectify his mistake.

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #607 on: April 22, 2021, 12:25:19 PM »
He made a mistake. It happens. He's still a really good player.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #608 on: April 22, 2021, 12:30:51 PM »
I’d love to see Kesler play against Smethwick, but I know it will be Elmo safely filling in.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #609 on: April 22, 2021, 02:42:42 PM »
It's a shame for Cash that nobody (Mings, McGinn) went over and had a word after the first booking.

In fairness, it's not the first time he's been booked this season and they didn't expect him to be so bone-headed less than five minutes later.

No, but perhaps they could have expected it. We've already said how much pressure he was under. It was pretty bone-headed and I was as pissed off as anyone else, I really wanted to see what we could do against their retreating players.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #610 on: April 22, 2021, 03:05:07 PM »
I’d love to see Kesler play against Smethwick, but I know it will be Elmo safely filling in.

same here.

elmo will be out of contract in the summer and off. give kesler a run out against a championship side, see what he's about.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #611 on: April 23, 2021, 06:09:28 AM »
I wonder if it would be worthwhile to put Cash on the wing and bring Gilbert back a bit radical but it would work pace and bite down the flank.

richtheholtender

« Reply #612 on: April 23, 2021, 06:44:28 AM »
I wonder if it would be worthwhile to put Cash on the wing and bring Gilbert back a bit radical but it would work pace and bite down the flank.

I have thought this. He was converted from a winger so he now has experience in both positions. It might just give him the freedom to go and show what his on the ball talents but please just move him out of the defensive unit.

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #613 on: April 23, 2021, 08:08:11 AM »
Because of the way Cash plays, his physique, pace and control, I think he is best suited to being a wing back. Not sure that will happen though as, outside a couple of clubs who play that system well, it now seems that 3-5-2 is the refuge of desperate managers who have run out of ideas such as Paul Lambert.

Offline Clive W

« Reply #614 on: April 23, 2021, 08:53:23 AM »

You beat me to it Tony

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal