collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matty Cash - signed  (Read 84944 times)

richtheholtender

Re: Matty Cash - signed
« Reply #585 on: April 22, 2021, 06:44:04 AM »
You are.

👏

What sort of sad twat celebrates their own player being sent off just because they've spouted utter fucking bollocks about him in weeks gone by?

What was the utter fucking bollocks? A poster goes against the grain on here and describes Cash as a defensive liability. Cash goes out and validates that opinion with two yellow cards in about three minutes tonight single handedly finishing any chance of us getting back in the game.

Cash had been utter rubbish since coming back from injury, torn a new one by Foden tonight and his habit of diving into tackles is not something to be celebrated. It's the sign of a bang average defender at this level.

I only stated an opinion and got attacked for it being labelled a “a sad twat” and falsely stating I celebrated when cash got sent off.  Ads is clearly the only person on H&V who’s opinions matter. As someone stated “People like this aren’t worth the effort”

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #586 on: April 22, 2021, 06:54:38 AM »
Torn a new what? What does that mean?

It usually means "new arsehole" I believe.

I like Cash, and think he's got a good future with us, but it's true that he's been mostly rubbish since coming back from injury, and he effectively cost us what little chance we had of scraping a draw tonight. That tackle was just stupid beyond belief. So out for the next game now, which will probably mean Elmo behind Traore for our derby match. 

This is about where I'm at. I was surprised at how well Cash adapted to the Premier League, though since the New Year, he's only been a 'better choice than Elmohamady', nothing more. I think like eamonn says, hopefully next season he'll push on like Targett has this year.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #587 on: April 22, 2021, 07:28:35 AM »
You are.

👏

What sort of sad twat celebrates their own player being sent off just because they've spouted utter fucking bollocks about him in weeks gone by?

What was the utter fucking bollocks? A poster goes against the grain on here and describes Cash as a defensive liability. Cash goes out and validates that opinion with two yellow cards in about three minutes tonight single handedly finishing any chance of us getting back in the game.

Cash had been utter rubbish since coming back from injury, torn a new one by Foden tonight and his habit of diving into tackles is not something to be celebrated. It's the sign of a bang average defender at this level.

I only stated an opinion and got attacked for it being labelled a “a sad twat” and falsely stating I celebrated when cash got sent off.  Ads is clearly the only person on H&V who’s opinions matter. As someone stated “People like this aren’t worth the effort”

You can have your polemic minority view of Cash. The issue is rushing within seconds of it happening to take great delight in a Villa player getting sent off. Pathetic.

richtheholtender

« Reply #588 on: April 22, 2021, 07:45:45 AM »
You are.

👏

You can have your polemic minority view of Cash. The issue is rushing within seconds of it happening to take great delight in a Villa player getting sent off. Pathetic.

It wasn’t like he was quoting to come back on to the pitch and change something was it? What’s your infatuation with him anyway? You got posters of him on your wall and stuff like that?

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #589 on: April 22, 2021, 07:58:11 AM »
Don’t worry, we have a perfectly good if not better replacement come on Freddy dust your boots.......oh yeah, Elmo again then!!!

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #590 on: April 22, 2021, 07:59:23 AM »
Bloody hell Richard, the infatuation looks like it’s coming from you finding this thread at final whistle.

Online nigel

« Reply #591 on: April 22, 2021, 07:59:43 AM »
Matt is a good full back, who will get better.
Yes, Foden gave him the run around, but he is a class act and has given better players the same treatment.
Jack has done the same to better full backs, but we don’t go on about how poor they are, just how good Jack is.

Offline frank black

« Reply #592 on: April 22, 2021, 08:09:17 AM »
Yep good player, idiotic red card. We have much bigger problems than Matty Cash that’s for sure.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #593 on: April 22, 2021, 08:17:37 AM »
Firstly the thing is reckless doesn't even cover it.
Cash won't need to be told that and he probably cost us an opportunity to beat a side that had won its previous 16 away games as I thought we started the second half well.

Secondly I'm not into roundly despising the abilities of any of our players to the extent demonstrated here.
Maybe that makes me a poorer contributor I don't know.
All I know is that this team is on for the first top 10 finish since Houllier and that's decent progress for me.
Matt Cash has his faults but he's helping to push us on in our development as a club.

Offline frank black

« Reply #594 on: April 22, 2021, 08:36:34 AM »
Firstly the thing is reckless doesn't even cover it.
Cash won't need to be told that and he probably cost us an opportunity to beat a side that had won its previous 16 away games as I thought we started the second half well.

Secondly I'm not into roundly despising the abilities of any of our players to the extent demonstrated here.
Maybe that makes me a poorer contributor I don't know.
All I know is that this team is on for the first top 10 finish since Houllier and that's decent progress for me.
Matt Cash has his faults but he's helping to push us on in our development as a club.

I hope you are right , but at the moment I cant see us finishing in the too 10. We’ve been awful for quite a while

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #595 on: April 22, 2021, 08:43:44 AM »
Poor last night but we've got much bigger problems than him. I'd really consider someone else other than fucking Elmo again at right back, he's shit, he's finished. Smith will pick him.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #596 on: April 22, 2021, 09:17:10 AM »
Poor last night but we've got much bigger problems than him. I'd really consider someone else other than fucking Elmo again at right back, he's shit, he's finished. Smith will pick him.
That's harsh on Elmo. He's a good professional who's rarely let us down when called on. Cash will be a top full back for us in years to come. What he did was reckless and stupid. He come up against a player who was brilliant and will go on to great things. He was given the run around and snapped in my view. In his head Cash probably thought "have that" Just a red mist moment which he will learn from.

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #597 on: April 22, 2021, 09:20:01 AM »
It's his first season in the Premier League and he's generally been good. He's been out of form since his injury and what he did yesterday was stupid. Hopefully he'll progress next season in the same way Konsa and Targett did after their first seasons. He's a very good player IMO.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #598 on: April 22, 2021, 09:22:07 AM »
I’m a bit jury’s out on Cash to be honest and I’ll reserve judgment until next season.  One thing that does surprise me is that a poster gets called a sad twat for having an opinion seemingly without any apology for it.  The poster then gets mullered over making a comment about it within seconds of the final whistle going.  Isn’t it generally when people comment on players’ performances er after the game?  I’ve seen people on here calling for Managers to be sacked at Half Time in the past! 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #599 on: April 22, 2021, 09:24:41 AM »
He needs somebody better in front of him. Part of the reason for Targett's uplift in form was how brilliant Jack was at the start of the season I reckon. It must give you so much confidence having somebody that good in front of you, and because teams were spending so much time trying to deal with Jack, they weren't overloading our left hand side like they did last season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal