collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: North Stand Demolition  (Read 23172 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: North Stand Demolition
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2020, 04:57:03 PM »
Lets get back on topic.

If and when we have a North Stand redevelopment I suggest we have a park and ride facility. Nobody, from whatever continent, needs to get their car that close.   

Nice idea in principle but if people have paid whatever silly price hospitality costs at the Villa they're going to expect a parking space.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2020, 05:27:51 PM »
You dont get a parking space when you £250 per ticket to sit in the hospitality area at the new Tottenham Stadium.....

The boxes possibly have some spaces in the underground car park though .... so why not underground parking - with space above for bars etc?

Same for the holte end...

In similar vein I think are lots of wasted opportunities to use the park, Aston Hall and street spaces in a more innovative and entrepreneurial way.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2020, 06:35:58 PM »
Lets get back on topic.

If and when we have a North Stand redevelopment I suggest we have a park and ride facility. Nobody, from whatever continent, needs to get their car that close.   

Nice idea in principle but if people have paid whatever silly price hospitality costs at the Villa they're going to expect a parking space.
Not a problem. The toffs can have executuve transport to the ground. They can use any old vehicle to transport the hoi polloi.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2020, 06:42:24 PM »
Lets get back on topic.

Yeah that's a great idea. The land behind the ground could be put to far better use than as a car park. I'm thinking a hotel/museum/club superstore and something like Box-park outside Wembley which is a brilliant facility which could double up as a live music venue and general money spinner. All that behind a gleaming new North stand would be fantastic.

We did the VP tour in 2015 and the guy who took us around said the museum would happen as part of the new North Stand. He also said they’ve got most, if not all of the old AV floodlights too.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2020, 09:43:04 PM »
You dont get a parking space when you £250 per ticket to sit in the hospitality area at the new Tottenham Stadium.....

The boxes possibly have some spaces in the underground car park though .... so why not underground parking - with space above for bars etc?

Same for the holte end...

In similar vein I think are lots of wasted opportunities to use the park, Aston Hall and street spaces in a more innovative and entrepreneurial way.

I’m a quantity surveyor (= I know fuck all and will get the budget wrong) but Can I add my random thoughts:

1. A basement parking space might cost you £20k to build, surface parking £5K and a multi-storey £15k.  Putting parking underground is not the answer when land is only under real demand every other week, 9 months a year and the cost to maintain is X times more.

2. Generally I think people under-estimate how long it takes design/get permission/and build something.  I’d guess two years minimum from a standing start and you’d get a shed barely fit for purpose.  So knocking down the stand is not on the critical path of the whole development unless an approved design exists.

3. Now is a great time to buy work as contractors will be looking to fill their order book due to the wider economic uncertainty and therefore reduce their margins.  But we need a design first...

Condescending message over.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2020, 09:51:36 PM »
Not sure about the herd theory.

If there’s never a vaccine there really won’t be full stadiums as long as we are alive.

Sad times.
I never believed the Herd theory: I think he was just a little hot-headed rather than stark-staring bonkers.

Herd was a player I could support and whom we ditched too early.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2020, 10:00:16 PM »
I drive, work from home and have food delivered so where should I be wearing one ?
Would this help?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

Please don’t bait those of us in the NHS who have worked through this, those of us that have lost colleagues, friends, family, those of us who have friends struggling to recover, (and knowing other posters... those of us that have had it).

*Applause.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2020, 07:23:32 AM »
Dante.  Thank you for the QS analysis.  We prepared a plan for the North Stand improvement in the 1980s.  I was responsible for the feasibility study for the practice for whom I worked.  It was not proceeded with by our client because they demanded better access from the M6.  The North Stand is a prime site with very serious access problems I concluded.  I do not think anything has changed.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 09:04:57 AM by brian green »

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2020, 08:47:08 AM »
I know there were designs drawn up by Lerner in 2014 because we printed the document. Two options, 48k and 52k seats.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2020, 08:48:36 AM »
Didn’t Tony shit shoes have some done as well?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2020, 08:51:25 AM »
It is pretty difficult to get planning permission for building plans drawn up in emoji.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2020, 08:56:12 AM »
It is pretty difficult to get planning permission for building plans drawn up in emoji.

Contractor: And what's your overall budget for this, Dr Xia?

Tony: ☮️ x ((1−(n2)2)=n.(1−n2).(1+n2)=n.(1−n).(1+n).(1+n2)) = (🍆ⁿ + 🏥)/7
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 08:58:50 AM by AsTallAsLions »

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2020, 09:03:41 AM »
Plus or minus 20%

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2020, 10:40:04 AM »
If someone lets me know how I can post the plans here.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2020, 11:09:14 AM »
Not sure about the herd theory.

If there’s never a vaccine there really won’t be full stadiums as long as we are alive.

Sad times.
I never believed the Herd theory: I think he was just a little hot-headed rather than stark-staring bonkers.

Herd was a player I could support and whom we ditched too early.

Blimey Lou, have you seen who he played for after leaving us?  I don't think he's played more than 50 games in total in the last 5 years in a succession of poor lower league and foreign teams, and was last seen in the Bangladeshi Premier League.  Not a great miss by any stretch of the imagination.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal