collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Drummond
[March 28, 2024, 11:39:23 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Spawny Vile bastards  (Read 49924 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Spawny Vile bastards
« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2020, 11:13:54 AM »
I think he was mocking their arguments "Vile aren't a big club, I just spend my every waking hour thinking about them".

Yep!...they seem to have gone a little quiet now....skint pricks  8)

A few days back Small Heath made a statement that they were going to invest significant transfer funds this summer. But they also threw in a get out of jail free card by saying they were also going to utilise the loan and free transfer market. I suspect they will bring in more loans and free transfers than multi million pound signings.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2020, 01:11:38 AM »
Why should da Vile have all the money?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #227 on: August 07, 2020, 08:34:29 AM »
I always refer back to the summer of 2018. Stoney Broke Tony Bloke was taking them to oblivion and it was simply delicious. Not paying wages, flogging off car parks to pay the leccy bills, a massive FFP hit around the corner, and a dodgy Chinese owner who would only ever sell to another dodgy Chinese owner, because that's what we'd been told to expect. They were on a perfect trajectory to "do a Pompey" and with any luck, eff off down into the non-leagues.

So what happened? There was no selling to any other dodgy Chinese owners. Instead, out of nowhere came two knights in shining armour and within a year they were in the promised land. Even that process fell kindly for them. Albion were a better side than them but lost all their strikers when they met in the playoffs. Of course, vile won the penalty shootout, I'd have expected nothing less. But it was ok, Leeds were an even better side who would muller them in the final after winning at perennial bottlers Derby. Who'd have thought Leeds would press the self destruct button in that second leg, thereby effectively handing vile a bye to the premier league?

And now of course, we had the Sheffield United non-goal.

I'd say that's a pretty lucky two years. Any chance we might escape our 10 year predicament in such a manner? I somehow have my doubts, because you just don't get luck like that do you?

And now on Heroes and Villains another chance to see...

Offline Damo70

« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2020, 01:15:01 PM »
I always refer back to the summer of 2018. Stoney Broke Tony Bloke was taking them to oblivion and it was simply delicious. Not paying wages, flogging off car parks to pay the leccy bills, a massive FFP hit around the corner, and a dodgy Chinese owner who would only ever sell to another dodgy Chinese owner, because that's what we'd been told to expect. They were on a perfect trajectory to "do a Pompey" and with any luck, eff off down into the non-leagues.

So what happened? There was no selling to any other dodgy Chinese owners. Instead, out of nowhere came two knights in shining armour and within a year they were in the promised land. Even that process fell kindly for them. Albion were a better side than them but lost all their strikers when they met in the playoffs. Of course, vile won the penalty shootout, I'd have expected nothing less. But it was ok, Leeds were an even better side who would muller them in the final after winning at perennial bottlers Derby. Who'd have thought Leeds would press the self destruct button in that second leg, thereby effectively handing vile a bye to the premier league?

And now of course, we had the Sheffield United non-goal.

I'd say that's a pretty lucky two years. Any chance we might escape our 10 year predicament in such a manner? I somehow have my doubts, because you just don't get luck like that do you?

And now on Heroes and Villains another chance to see...

It never gets boring reading that. I bet the noses can quote it from memory word for word.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2020, 02:02:48 PM »
The only problem i have with that is the idea that West Brom were the better side. We were the form side in English football for the final quarter of the season, no one in that league was better than us by the time we got to the playoffs.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2020, 02:21:08 PM »
Greasy nominated for Young Player of the Year, Bellingham not on the list! Vile haven't even retired Diving Jack's shirt he must be rubbish! Bloody biased media! 😡😡😡😡

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2020, 02:32:36 PM »
Spawney DVBs on the latest Barclays Bank advert.  Barclays marketing department must be full of DVBs

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2020, 11:16:07 PM »
I’ll never forget the semi final of 1994.  The bastards should’ve been beaten 3-0 in the first leg then spawn a last minute goal to give them a chance. 2nd leg.  Aussie wanker keeper should’ve been sent off.  Stays on.  They spawn their way to an 88th minute aggregate equaliser.  Then tranmere hit the bar in injury time.  Then the cnuts miss two penalties.  All the tranmere bloke has to do is score and the Aussie wanker who shouldn’t have been on the pitch saves another one to put them through. Spawny vile bastards.

(Actually when you put it like that)!

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2020, 11:18:53 PM »
Bloody ace games.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2020, 11:39:17 PM »
The only problem i have with that is the idea that West Brom were the better side. We were the form side in English football for the final quarter of the season, no one in that league was better than us by the time we got to the playoffs.

The noses have a rather creepy romance with Smethwick when it comes to their mutual hatred of us. One other thing they have in common is that they don't necessarily let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Offline WilliamStanding

« Reply #235 on: August 07, 2020, 11:48:13 PM »

The noses have a rather creepy romance with Smethwick when it comes to their mutual hatred of us. One other thing they have in common is that they don't necessarily let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Brilliant post.

Both my neighbours are stripeyfilth - the one keeps saying “I’m glad you stayed up so we can play you” when the absolute hatred is boiling through his stone cross eyes! My two year olds villa football they keeps going over his fence is the final nail!!

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2020, 12:13:33 AM »

Brilliant post.

Both my neighbours are stripeyfilth - the one keeps saying “I’m glad you stayed up so we can play you” when the absolute hatred is boiling through his stone cross eyes! My two year olds villa football they keeps going over his fence is the final nail!!

Had similar when I was younger. Every time we kicked a Villa football over into the garden of our stripey neighbour, we'd go to ask for it back and he'd say, "oh, but I think there's some shit on it," and point at the Villa badge. Every single time.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2020, 12:50:37 AM »
I would love anyone to study the match data/review the Villa-Albion games and explain why WBA were the better team.

To say they were the second top-scorers that season, I couldn't believe they were so negative. When Conor scored his goal, they had ten men back in their own area!

Still, with a 'nose in charge of the team, what do you expect?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2020, 09:32:45 AM »
I would love anyone to study the match data/review the Villa-Albion games and explain why WBA were the better team.

To say they were the second top-scorers that season, I couldn't believe they were so negative. When Conor scored his goal, they had ten men back in their own area!

Still, with a 'nose in charge of the team, what do you expect?

As was said at the time, they were desperately defending a one-goal lead going into the last 165 minutes.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2020, 03:34:12 PM »
Spawney DVBs on the latest Barclays Bank advert.  Barclays marketing department must be full of DVBs

The noses are convinced the world is full of DVB's. Although the period where we had the future King, the governor of the bank of England and the Prime Minister all on our side was quite impressive. The noses are probably convinced that the Sheffield United 'ghost goal' was something to do with Tom Hanks and some Da Vinci Code conspiracy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal