collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Spawny Vile bastards  (Read 50358 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Spawny Vile bastards
« on: July 29, 2020, 03:26:49 PM »
In which we debate the continued good fortune of Aston Villa FC in such matters as VAR, goals that never were and, er, anything else we can think of. 

Offline aj2k77

Re: Spawny Vile bastards
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 03:28:41 PM »
Endless billionaires who keep rocking up intent on spending their fortune on us. Instead of market traders and hair dressers.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 03:30:16 PM »
Will no one think of the Bournemouth fans?

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 03:30:52 PM »
And the complete absence of Gypsy curses.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 03:31:54 PM »
I always refer back to the summer of 2018. Stoney Broke Tony Bloke was taking them to oblivion and it was simply delicious. Not paying wages, flogging off car parks to pay the leccy bills, a massive FFP hit around the corner, and a dodgy Chinese owner who would only ever sell to another dodgy Chinese owner, because that's what we'd been told to expect. They were on a perfect trajectory to "do a Pompey" and with any luck, eff off down into the non-leagues.

So what happened? There was no selling to any other dodgy Chinese owners. Instead, out of nowhere came two knights in shining armour and within a year they were in the promised land. Even that process fell kindly for them. Albion were a better side than them but lost all their strikers when they met in the playoffs. Of course, vile won the penalty shootout, I'd have expected nothing less. But it was ok, Leeds were an even better side who would muller them in the final after winning at perennial bottlers Derby. Who'd have thought Leeds would press the self destruct button in that second leg, thereby effectively handing vile a bye to the premier league?

And now of course, we had the Sheffield United non-goal.

I'd say that's a pretty lucky two years. Any chance we might escape our 10 year predicament in such a manner? I somehow have my doubts, because you just don't get luck like that do you?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:33:48 PM by Ads »

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 03:32:52 PM »
And abandoned original historic names with Birmingham suburbs airbrushed.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 03:33:19 PM »
Got away with flouting FFP.

Leeds gave us a goal we didn't deserve and we never gave one to Sheffield.

Lucky that Derby beat Leeds in the play offs as Leeds would have smashed us.

Should have gone bust but we got more billionaires.

We're vile bastards.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 03:35:09 PM »
1034 goals scored this season and only 1 had the goal line technology turned off. DVBS

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 03:36:22 PM »
The latest conspiracy theory from the Small Heathens is blaming the Sheff Utd ghost goal on the fact that Prince William, David Cameron and Mervyn King are all Villa fans!!

We’re “spawny Vile fany’s” apparently.

Makes you think though doesn’t it? (*Mental image of David Cameron sneaking out of VP in disguise having just switched off the Hawkeye machine).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:39:51 PM by Marlon From Bearwood »

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 03:37:40 PM »
I always refer back to the summer of 2018. Stoney Broke Tony Bloke was taking them to oblivion and it was simply delicious. Not paying wages, flogging off car parks to pay the leccy bills, a massive FFP hit around the corner, and a dodgy Chinese owner who would only ever sell to another dodgy Chinese owner, because that's what we'd been told to expect. They were on a perfect trajectory to "do a Pompey" and with any luck, eff off down into the non-leagues.

So what happened? There was no selling to any other dodgy Chinese owners. Instead, out of nowhere came two knights in shining armour and within a year they were in the promised land. Even that process fell kindly for them. Albion were a better side than them but lost all their strikers when they met in the playoffs. Of course, vile won the penalty shootout, I'd have expected nothing less. But it was ok, Leeds were an even better side who would muller them in the final after winning at perennial bottlers Derby. Who'd have thought Leeds would press the self destruct button in that second leg, thereby effectively handing vile a bye to the premier league?

I'd say that's a pretty lucky two years. Any chance we might escape our 10 year predicament in such a manner? I somehow have my doubts, because you just don't get luck like that do you?

That is a work of art. The pain and anguish of the author really flows through his writing.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 04:00:08 PM »

That is a work of art. The pain and anguish of the author really flows through his writing.

I climaxed at "of course vile won the penalty shootout".

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2020, 04:04:03 PM »
I love how Derby are 'perennial bottlers'. I've seen other posts on their describing the efforts of West Ham and Arsenal as 'disgraceful' and even, and they like this one where we're concerned, 'disgusting'.

Self awareness is not strong in Small Heath.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2020, 04:11:06 PM »
Its a wonderful piece of prose. That Nose must have made full use of the library at HMP Brum.

One of the best moments on the Internet comes from the SHA forum. There they are, summer 2018, wanking themselves silly over us going bump and then it happens. We're bought out by not one obscenely wealthy billionaire, but two.

The moment of realisation is just delicious.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2020, 04:19:14 PM »
Simon Jordan, speaking on TalkSport, had the following to say about this Bournemouth business. I don't think it's far wrong.

"If you put a lawyer in charge of a business you will end up in court. So when you are asking a lawyer what potential opportunities there are of course they are going to err on the favour of an opportunity for legal guys to get busy.

"Whenever we hear about legal issues around football, they run through the newspapers and come to nothing, because there is a set of protocols in football that clubs sign up to; one of them is match validity which is the exceptions where referees and technology make a mistake.

"There isn't a case.

"Comparing to Tevez and Mascherano which are clear and utter unequivocal breaches of rules which the clubs agreed, implemented and stand by is very different to compensation culture.

"There is no way games are going to be reversed and there is no way points are going to be brought back into the equation.

"But then we move into the territory of compensation culture, and this is specifically excluded by the nature of what they signed up for. What you are asking for is a legal framework for lawyers to find a place in sport where they can start to find a compensation culture mentality, which means 'when something goes wrong – compensation', 'when something goes wrong – compensation'.

"And that is not what sport was built for.

"I don't like this, and I don't think Bournemouth will do it.

"Ask a lawyer if they'll run this on a no win, no fee basis, and see how clearly they say 'not sure about that one'."

"The Premier League is the sum of all its parts. If Bournemouth, or any of the other 19 clubs, didn't want that technology or had questions about the nature of how it was set up, they had their opportunity to say to Richard Masters or Richard Scudamore before him, 'we are not having that because it doesn't do this'.

"When you don't do that, you can't predict the future.

"Bournemouth got relegated because they were poor, they got relegated because they deserved to get relegated."

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2020, 04:19:36 PM »
That lot aside, there must be a strong correlation between Twitter posters still saying it's soooo unfair and beard-wearing twats who think football is a TV show.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal