collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Crystal Palace Post Match Thread  (Read 10837 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Aston Villa v Crystal Palace Post Match Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2020, 10:08:23 AM »
VAR reversing our penalty decision was correct but what fucks me off about it is how long they took scrutinising over it from every angle before reversing it compared to how quick the Man Utd one was given the other night for an almost identical incident, it is a fucking farce.

Was their handball even looked at? Also, I thought five minutes added on was a bit much.

I think it’s the additional substitutions causing the extra added in times, their must half a dozen in the second half yesterday.

Substitutions plus the ridiculous drinks breaks.

Otherwise known as the advertisement breaks of the future 🤔

Good point that, I hadnt thought of that.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2020, 10:43:33 AM »
Yep, two things.  Apparently the TV companies are pressing for the "water breaks" to be incorporated fully from now on so they can show adverts.  Just like in American football.
The other things was, when their "goal" went in my first words were "where the f**k was Reina?" When they showed it again it was obvious that he had been taken out by Ayew and if the goal had been allowed it would have been a trevesty.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2020, 11:44:33 AM »
Very pleased over all but so sad to see what's happened to Benteke. Nothing to do with the red card but his performance.
So sad.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2020, 11:47:12 AM »
Very pleased over all but so sad to see what's happened to Benteke. Nothing to do with the red card but his performance.
So sad.

Actually thought he looked pretty sharp during the first half, but then fafed away as the game went on.  Still looked much more of a threat than Samatta and Davis though.

Offline Ben.H

« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2020, 11:47:38 AM »
Amused by the amount of posts saying how shite Palace were. That seems to happen a lot the rare times we actually win - people slagging off the quality or lack thereof in the opposition. There was very little between the teams in the first half, we stepped up a gear for fifteen minutes in the second half which was enough to get us the insurance goal and then Palace had the better of the late chances. But it was a hard-earned win against a side who are, in the wider context, better than us and not in urgent need of points. No need to decry them as the new Blosers.

I would have felt aggrieved if that handball for their "goal" had been given against us. Surprised though that no one has mentioned a possible foul by Ayew on Reina as the free kick comes in. Ayew clearly nudges Reina - to the extent that it made Reina fall to the ground I'm not sure, only he knows that but by falling to the ground and giving Palace an unguarded goal, it's more likely that it was a foul. Watching the game, when the VAR check came up, I presumed it was for that.

Not meaning to sound clever after the event, but I thought exactly the same about Ayew fouling Reina and, like you, I assumed the VAR was for that.
Either the commentary or the post-match analysis, I forget which, said that had handball not been given they'd have looked at the Reina incident next.  I presumed that the TV can hear the dialogue with Stockley Park.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2020, 12:01:33 PM »
Shaved my beard off.

Villa won.
A chest and two bollocks should see us safe.

Surely the bollocks are one game?  They are a package that cannot be separated.  Therefore, I'd like to propose that Jon shaves his arse crack if we pull this off?  In fact, I will join him in shaving my own bottom if we avoid relegation. I promise.

Let’s not go there again please, some of us remain traumatised by ‘The Shaving Thread’ & Dan The Pool Man to this day.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2020, 12:43:26 PM »
Let’s not go there again please, some of us remain traumatised by ‘The Shaving Thread’ & Dan The Pool Man to this day.

Jesus, missed that at the time.  I had to go and look for it though, didn't I.  Pass the mind bleach.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2020, 01:22:07 PM »
Never really been his biggest fan, but Hourihane looked OK on Sunday in a more advanced role where he doesn't have to get involved in the defensive stuff as much.  He links up well at times with Grealish when Jack is out on the left.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2020, 01:49:48 PM »
Shaved my beard off.

Villa won.

Me too, hadn't had a shave since before Easter and got rid of the lot yesterday, not long before kick off.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2020, 02:11:03 PM »
I didn't watch, took the kids to play frisbee (sorry, flying disc thingy) in the park and have an ice cream instead.

Am I allowed to watch our next match?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2020, 02:21:30 PM »
I'm pleased with the performance we need to play like that for the last three games.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2020, 02:27:58 PM »
I see that Citeh have been admitted back into the Chumps League. So, 5th place this season looks like we are going to have to settle for Europa League instead!!

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2020, 03:24:25 PM »
I didn't watch, took the kids to play frisbee (sorry, flying disc thingy) in the park and have an ice cream instead.

Am I allowed to watch our next match?

No. Everyone must do exactly what they did before. I dressed Aston-Lee in his Villa kit for the first time this year when there has been a match on.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2020, 04:04:46 PM »
Did some hedge cutting when notification of a Palace goal came through on my phone. Then notification it had been ruled out. Sat on the bench looking aimlessly into the garden pond for the rest of the first half. Was in the toilet when we scored the first. Made a sandwich at half time to celebrate.  I was balancing on steps very precariously when the buzzer notification came up on my phone for another goal. Had to get back on Terra firma to check who it was.  Returned to my work with renewed vigour.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2020, 05:23:43 PM »
Shaved my beard off.

Villa won.

Me too, hadn't had a shave since before Easter and got rid of the lot yesterday, not long before kick off.

So it's you pair of scruffy bastards fault we're in this position? Call yourself Villa fans.

And to think I did my back, sack and crack all for nothing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal